User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: Wickwoman's Dodge of the Day!

  1. #31
    Over 750 post club Charity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    800
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    71793

  2. #32
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity
    Charity,

    Just as Jesus wept over the city of Jerusalem and its unrepentant heart and also for the way in which the religious authorities misrepresented God to them, I also cry and weep with you.

    Peace. The Journeyman.
    CORAM DEO

  3. #33
    Over 750 post club Charity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    800
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    71793








  4. #34
    Journeyman shilohproject's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Helm
    You seem to hate God and Christianity.
    What brings you to this conclusion, particularly given the comments in the post 5 before this?
    -Shiloh
    Notice. Appreciate. Acknowledge.

  5. #35
    Journeyman 2ephesians8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by wickwoman
    I would like to believe Jesus existed. But the evidence is scanty, at best.

    Once again wickwoman displays her arrogance, or perhaps willfull ignorance.
    Today's fortune cookie say: " The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground."

  6. #36
    Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Clarksville, IN
    Posts
    1,583
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1510
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ephesians8
    Once again wickwoman displays her arrogance, or perhaps willfull ignorance.
    Just another dodge in order to justify her "itching ears."

    2Timothy 4:3-4 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

    Psalm 144

  7. #37
    Over 500 post club wickwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ephesians8
    Once again wickwoman displays her arrogance, or perhaps willfull ignorance.
    Which part was arrogant? The part where I said I would like to believe that Jesus existed? Or the part where I said there was scanty evidence?

    Explain why it is arrogant and what your definition of arrogant is. And, since you eluded to some past behaviors when you said "once again," feel free to post them here.

    Did you also read the part of that very same post you criticized that said "I am not perfect?" Do you consider that also arrogant?
    Last edited by wickwoman; November 21st, 2005 at 08:16 AM.
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  8. #38
    Over 500 post club wickwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ernest
    Just another dodge in order to justify her "itching ears."

    2Timothy 4:3-4 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."
    Truly, Frank "It's no use to seek truth, just let false views cease.* " This is what I am doing.

    *Seng Ts'an
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  9. #39
    Over 500 post club wickwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohproject
    What brings you to this conclusion, particularly given the comments in the post 5 before this?

    Perhaps it was a tremendous leap with eyes closed very tightly.
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  10. #40
    Over 1000 post club On Fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by wickwoman
    Feel free to show us one.
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...1&postcount=29

    "If you look upon ham and eggs and lust, you have already committed breakfast in your heart." - C.S. Lewis

  11. #41
    Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Clarksville, IN
    Posts
    1,583
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1510
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX
    One could say that you're blind, I suppose. Or one could say that you only see what you want to see so that you can feel superior to others. Or one could just generalize and call you an idiot ... if one we so inclined.
    Or one could use the Wickie Dodge as you just did.

    Psalm 144

  12. #42
    Over 500 post club wickwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198
    Frank, you are free to post an example of the infamous "Wickie Dodge."

    OF, me being honest is not a dodge. I know it may have been such a long time since you experienced such honesty that you don't recognize it. But it is what it is.

    "I don't know." Stuff your preacher doesn't say, that's for sure.
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  13. #43
    Over 1000 post club On Fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by wickwoman
    OF, me being honest is not a dodge. I know it may have been such a long time since you experienced such honesty that you don't recognize it. But it is what it is.
    I didn't say it was a dodge. It's you denying Christ.

    You pretending like your views on the matter don't amount to a denial of Christ is a dodge.

    "If you look upon ham and eggs and lust, you have already committed breakfast in your heart." - C.S. Lewis

  14. #44
    Over 500 post club wickwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by On Fire
    I didn't say it was a dodge. It's you denying Christ.

    You pretending like your views on the matter don't amount to a denial of Christ is a dodge.
    Well, perhaps you can help us all out by posting the specific part that denies Christ. You are an expert at being evasive, OF. And perhaps that's because most of what you say is completely unsubstantiated.
    "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That's my religion."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  15. #45
    Over 1000 post club On Fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by wickwoman
    Is Jesus God?
    I would like to believe Jesus existed. But the evidence is scanty, at best. As to whether he was/is God, the evidence is even scantier, so I'd have to say I don't know.
    That's a denial. You've got the book (I assume). I know you've been told.

    "If you look upon ham and eggs and lust, you have already committed breakfast in your heart." - C.S. Lewis

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us