The Swinging Pendulum of Biblical Christianity

tangramaton

Hi Everyone, this is my first post, so no doubt I am asking for a discussion hacked over a million times. So here it is: I became a Christian through a fundamentalist mission organization back in Ireland. Nearly thirty years on, I am still tryign to get to grips with what a Biblical experience really is. I know that is must be trinitarian, christocentric, wholistic (my brandd is a modified calvinism) and deeply relational. But here is the rub - most churches or denominations tend to come down on one of these to the detriment of the others. Why do we do that? Or is there even such a thing as "a" theological/biblical sociological world view that covers all the basis?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am guessing that you LOVE Spurgeon passionately. Do you think it is possible to share predestiny without putting it in doctrine form?

What I mean is God says "I have loved you with an everlasting love" that can fall on saint or sinner like a ton of bricks, [knock them bandy] there is no need to preach a sermon on predestiny.

Again Jesus said " You have not chosen Me but I have chosen you and ordained you that you should bear much fruit" once again full of comfort and reassurance. No need to spoil it but preaching about election which upsets everyone.

PureX

Why do lawyers wrangle over laws?
It's what they were trained to do.

Why did they become lawyers?
Because they love wrangling over the laws.

What does any of this have to do with justice?
Well, sometimes all this wrangling helps justice to prevail, and sometimes it helps justice to be denied.

So is being a lawyer about the wrangling, or about justice?
Good question.