ECT Reformed Theology

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No it's not.

Yes it is.

God "knows" His chosen people on a loving, intimate level . . it is compared to the intimacy between husband and wife.

Many times the word "know" (or derivatives) are used in God's Word to convey this meaning and relationship between Christ and His church.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A big problem with people that have carnal faiths in Jesus Christ are discernment of the scriptures. They don't have the Holy Spirit to teach them. In fact, it is impossible to understand God's Word without the Holy Spirit's guidance.
This sounds nice on the surface. But that claim is so often spoken of when it is just their own desire that drives them to do some things.
If the Holy Spirit truly had control of your body, then you would not still sin in the flesh.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes it is.
No, it's not.

If you say God foreknew everyone, that does not mean that God ended up loving everyone.
God foreknew Jacob and Esau. He loved Jacob and hated Esau.

Foreknew and forelove do NOT mean the same thing.

genuineoriginal

Why is Reformed Theology wrong?
I think it boils down to a misperception of the reality of God.
Which is?
Everything you wrote in this following post is a misperception of the reality of God:
God is sovereign, unchanging, eternal, omnipotent, omnipresence, all-knowing, etc.

God is there at all time & at all places, simultaneously. God knows everything, sees everything, and controls everything.

Can men have real free will from God's perspective? Obviously not. He already knows what we will do.

genuineoriginal

I am saved, my salvation already been paid. I know that I have everything secured in Christ.

According to the principles promoted by Reformed Theology, it is merely God's Decretive Will that you falsely believe that you have been saved when the reality is that you were never saved in the first place.

musterion

Originally Posted by MaxGrit
I am saved, my salvation already been paid. I know that I have everything secured in Christ.
You only hope you are. You don't know it because no one can know he's of the elect. You could be a reprobate, a quick-sprouting tare among the wheat. You can't ever know you're not until the Judgment, at which point it's too late to do anything about it. In fact, it's too late now...elect or reprobate, your fate is sealed and God won't open the envelope until you're dead.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I was listening to a Christian radio station that I listen to
occasionally, and for the second time I was forced to turn
it off because, John MacArthur was rambling on and on
about Calvinism and Tulip! He was pushing it like a guy
trying to sell you a cheap watch! I don't mind listening
to him when he's not pushing his Calvinistic views down
every bodies throat! I had to shut him down! Had to!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Paul never taught a limited/definite atonement.

Paul quantified the atonement by using the words "chosen," "elect," "many" (vs "all") and "church":

Ephesians 1:3-12, 5:25-26; Romans 5:19, 8:32-34; Titus 2:14; Acts 20:228

Paul would curse Calvin.

I believe Paul would be the first to rebuke you MADists for cursing people. No sinner is in position or possesses the right to curse another. Not even Paul.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You only hope you are. You don't know it because no one can know he's of the elect. You could be a reprobate, a quick-sprouting tare among the wheat. You can't ever know you're not until the Judgment, at which point it's too late to do anything about it. In fact, it's too late now...elect or reprobate, your fate is sealed and God won't open the envelope until you're dead.

You obviously have not enjoyed the fellowship and/or the comfort of the Holy Spirit . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Arminians of all stripes, including MADists, also teach a limited atonement, by quantifying it as non-efficacious according to mortal unbelief, rather than unlimited in purpose, according to divine grace.

Cross Reference

Arminians of all stripes, including MADists, also teach a limited atonement, by quantifying it as non-efficacious according to mortal unbelief, rather than unlimited in purpose, according to divine grace.

What do you mean by "limited atonement"?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
These "Calvinist Bozos" annoy me because, their "ultimate" logic is, "God
created a bunch of "robot/puppets" that are either, chosen from the
foundation of the world to be of the "chosen elect" and the rest are
chosen for eternal damnation!" The "Hyper-Calvinists" like B57 believe
that God creates ALL sin! According to the Calvinists the "elect" can respond
to the salvation message but, the "non-elect" cannot because they are so
depraved! The Calvinist deny "free-choice when it comes to salvation but,
as John MacArthur says; "They are free to choose any sinful activity they
desire to involve themselves in!" So, according to Calvinism, non-elect
man can sin but is, basically blocked from hearing the salvation message
and responding! Whereas, the "elect" are able to hear the message and will
be unable to resist the calling!

In conclusion, according to Calvinism, There is; "The Elect robot/puppet, and
The Non-Elect robot/puppet!" That's why I can't tolerate John "Calvin" MacArthur
and his ilk!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What do you mean by "limited atonement"?

The blood of Jesus Christ did not atone for all men, universally, but was limited to and offered and purposed to redeem only His saints; chosen in Him by the Father before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:3-12

That does not mean that there was any limitation to the efficacy of the blood of Jesus Christ; simply that He bore the sins of His people (church) and His people alone.

Such is one of the definitions of reprobation. Jesus Christ did not die for those not given to Him to redeem. Thus His cross not only fulfilled all forensic righteousness, but also fulfilled all forensic justice.

Romans Chapter 9 clearly makes distinction between God's Elect people, and reprobates.