ECT JESUS NEVER TAUGHT SOLA SCRIPTURA

revpete

I'm saying that Christ founded a CHURCH. the Jews had their written law, the Torah (Old T)

Jesus did new things... the Church

and then, the greatest thing about this Church: he actually LIVES there...

but so few people believe that..

the people who have been in that Presence believe... but they seem so few...

__

Ok, but please answer my questions.

Pete 👤

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus and Paul both taught sola scriptura

SOLA SCRIPTURA

2 Cor 6:17-18
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

John 1:1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus and Paul both taught sola scriptura

SOLA SCRIPTURA

2 Cor 6:17-18
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)

26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

John 1:1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(NKJ)

Good for you Squeaky.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
...except that not one of the biblical texts that he cited says anything whatsoever about---or even hints at---the 16th-century Protestant notion of sola scriptura. Try again.

I said
In case you cant understand scripture. The Holy Spirit is the only guaranteed teacher in the bible. And He only brings to remembrance what is already said to us(verses).
We are not to even think beyond what is written in the scriptures. We are not to add one thing to the scriptures or take one thing away from the scriptures.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not so far. Go ahead and indicate a single one of Squeeky's proof-texts that actually teaches sola scriptura. Don't forget to explain exactly how it supposedly does so.

I said
Really now. You cant be that ignorant. Not to even think beyond what is written. That is the definition of sola scriptura.

(NKJ)

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
It's almost amusing how so many people misrepresent what Sola Scriptura is from both supporters and otherwise.

Sola Scriptura simply means that one does not need Roman Popery to be know and have a relationship with Christ because scripture is complete enough to make one sufficient.

That's true Protestant declaration, many have simply gotten too carried away with it. Do you think Luther actually made his case putting a staff and miter on a book?
He didn't. He simply said drop your papist submission, pick up a Bible, and go on your way without thinking you need the influence of some guy threatening your salvation if you don't adhere.

He recognized what Catholics know is true but deny- that the Papacy is little more then what became of the Pharisees.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It's almost amusing how so many people misrepresent what Sola Scriptura is from both supporters and otherwise.

Sola Scriptura simply means that one does not need Roman Popery to be know and have a relationship with Christ because scripture is complete enough to make one sufficient.

That's true Protestant declaration, many have simply gotten too carried away with it. Do you think Luther actually made his case putting a staff and miter on a book?
He didn't. He simply said drop your papist submission, pick up a Bible, and go on your way without thinking you need the influence of some guy threatening your salvation if you don't adhere.

He recognized what Catholics know is true but deny- that the Papacy is little more then what became of the Pharisees.

I said
Well we must pity him. He is lieing to the people and bearing false witness against Jesus And Paul.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught a little more than is written - John 21:25 - And there are also many other things which Jesus did,the which, if they should be written every one, i suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. i also believe that Christ Followers do not have to see a priest to be forgiven. nowhere in The Bible does it say that

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught a little more than is written - John 21:25 - And there are also many other things which Jesus did,the which, if they should be written every one, i suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. i also believe that Christ Followers do not have to see a priest to be forgiven. nowhere in The Bible does it say that

I said
We know that He done a lot more. But Him and Paul set down rules for us in our believing. Don't think beyond what is written, the Holy Spirit only quotes what is written, and don't add one thing to it or take one thing away from what is written in the verses.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

OCTOBER23

WHY IS CRUCIFORM IS STILL PUSHING THIS BALONEY ???

Jesus Christ Granted the Apostles His Authority to Forgive Sins - TRUE

THE APOSTLES WORSHIPPED GOD AND FOLLOWED JESUS TEACHINGS - TRUE

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WORSHIPS IDOLS AND MARY AND DOES NOT FOLLOW JESUS - TRUE

SO, WHAT CRUCIFORM IS SAYING IS A TOTAL FABRICATION -TRUE.

Matthew 23:9 And CALL no man your father upon the earth:

for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

solascriptura.jpg

Just sayin'...

I wonder if this was the image

3-problemas-de-los-protestantes.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus most certainly did teach sola scriptura, and so did His chosen apostle.

Hebrews 10:7 KJV
(7) Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Acts 17:11 KJV
(11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

NOT a pope says or what a commentary says, but scripture.