NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
People put up with his shtick here because the Pats win a lot. I think if he's with a new franchise that struggles his whole surly hoodie routine will wear out its welcome very quickly.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
It isn't personal. I hope you realize it. He is not the only former college star not in the NFL.

He's the only star. :mmph:

lens8423361_1260742936tim-tebow-john-3-16.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
People put up with his shtick here because the Pats win a lot. I think if he's with a new franchise that struggles his whole surly hoodie routine will wear out its welcome very quickly.
Maybe, but not for a while. His rings would win him a grace period and I can't imagine he'd go anywhere else unless he was confident he had a good young qb to work with. The rest is history and I wouldn't bet against him.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
they are already saying
3-3 in the super bowl
is better than
4-0 in the super bowl
so
he doesn't even have to win

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
they are already saying
3-3 in the super bowl
is better than
4-0 in the super bowl
so
he doesn't even have to win

First off who is "they"?

Secondly, 3-3 is not better than 4-0. I'm not even sure 4-2 is better than 4-0

Bradshaw and Montana never walked out of a Super Bowl with their heads down.

Caledvwlch

Yesterday I thought the deflation thing was silly. Today it sounds like they were doing it on purpose. For what?

Here's my prediction. Bill is fired, goes to Miami, wins seven straight titles, converts to Mormonism, elected president, drops nukes on Iran, destroys the world.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yesterday I thought the deflation thing was silly. Today it sounds like they were doing it on purpose. For what?

Here's my prediction. Bill is fired, goes to Miami, wins seven straight titles, converts to Mormonism, elected president, drops nukes on Iran, destroys the world.

This sure doesn't look good, for sure. Eleven out of twelve? How can you really say this was a coincidence or just an oversight on the part of the officials?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

To better hold the ball in wet weather. It did in fact give them an advantage. It did not contribute to the Colts not being good enough. The Pats win anyway.

Why do people look the other way when Bill cheats? Colin Cowherd was talking about the "everybody does it" mantra cheaters use. Well, only the Pats are getting caught cheating in a meaningful manner.

What happened when Joe Niekro got caught cheating? He still gets the win? No, he is ejected on the spot. The NFL has no integrity on this issue.

The only other thing off the top of my head is the Saints pay outs for injuring players. Like baseball players on steroids that are not getting into the Hall. Do the same with Bill.

Caledvwlch

To better hold the ball in wet weather. It did in fact give them an advantage. It did not contribute to the Colts not being good enough. The Pats win anyway.

Why do people look the other way when Bill cheats? Colin Cowherd was talking about the "everybody does it" mantra cheaters use. Well, only the Pats are getting caught cheating in a meaningful manner.

What happened when Joe Niekro got caught cheating? He still gets the win? No, he is ejected on the spot. The NFL has no integrity on this issue.

The only other thing off the top of my head is the Saints pay outs for injuring players. Like baseball players on steroids that are not getting into the Hall. Do the same with Bill.

I agree. When I said "For what?" I meant why risk this circus, considering the scrutiny they already get by virtue of the videotaping thing? I don't understand a cheater's mentality, so that probably answers my question.

Last I heard, there was one of two possibilities with these footballs last Sunday. Either they weren't properly inspected, which means the Patriots submitted them at low psi, hoping to get a pass anyway, or they deflated them on the sidelines after the inspection. Neither is good, but the second one is extra super not good.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I agree. When I said "For what?" I meant why risk this circus, considering the scrutiny they already get by virtue of the videotaping thing? I don't understand a cheater's mentality, so that probably answers my question.

Last I heard, there was one of two possibilities with these footballs last Sunday. Either they weren't properly inspected, which means the Patriots submitted them at low psi, hoping to get a pass anyway, or they deflated them on the sidelines after the inspection. Neither is good, but the second one is extra super not good.

At which point they could always throw this back at the officials for not double checking. Dirty pool, but like you said, blame to go around.

Caledvwlch

At which point they could always throw this back at the officials for not double checking. Dirty pool, but like you said, blame to go around.

If it's the former, and they were just hoping the refs wouldn't care about the inflation, then I will still be a fan. If they mucked around with them after, then, well, I didn't really need many more reasons to stop watching football anyway.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If it's the former, and they were just hoping the refs wouldn't care about the inflation, then I will still be a fan. If they mucked around with them after, then, well, I didn't really need many more reasons to stop watching football anyway.

Seriously, if they deliberately tampered...it'd be next to impossible for me to watch the Super Bowl, let alone root for them. That would be too much.

Caledvwlch

Seriously, if they deliberately tampered...it'd be next to impossible for me to watch the Super Bowl, let alone root for them. That would be too much.

I'm looking at it this way: idiots who grew up in NH but root for other teams have been gleefully spewing "Spygate" for the last seven years, and the Pats have had two Superbowl losses to add fuel to the idiot-fire. Now we have what looks like the best team since 2004 and a real chance to get a little satisfaction in another Superbowl win, post-Spygate. Now, if they win, they cheated. If they lose, it's because they got caught last week and "this is what happens when they can't cheat anymore." The fact that they stomped Indy unrecognizable won't matter. They could beat Seattle 72 to 3 and it wouldn't matter.

But I suppose this is a great day for those degenerates from high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.