ECT Reformed Theology

musterion

8 (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles)

11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. 13 And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”

15 We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; 16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

17 But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be a transgressor. 19 For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Why did Paul distinguish between two different Gospels?

MaxGrit

8 (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles)

15 We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; 16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

19 For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

musterion

I can read what you're posting but you're avoiding the question.

WHY were there two different Gospels mentioned at the same time?

Cross Reference

Yes, I would agree wholeheartedly.

I mentioned to another member here, that I have to fight being envious of those who are so sure of what they believe the Lord is saying through Scripture.

Truth is never intwined with anything if it can be understood that truth exposes the lie.

MaxGrit

Paul was a Pentecostal. You need to know what a Pentecostal is and that he is equipped to hear from God irrespective of what you may hear about the abuse of the necessary gifts of God by the administration of the Holy Spirit that by them is the Holy Spirit understood when He speaks/teaches.

Paul was a Calvinist.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I can read what you're posting but you're avoiding the question.

WHY were there two different Gospels mentioned at the same time?

You are begging a wrong question . . .

Are you trying to get this newbie to say there are more than one true Gospel, even though he is giving you Holy Scripture that obviously does not support what you believe?

Nanja

God is sovereign, unchanging, eternal, omnipotent, omnipresence, all-knowing, etc.

God is there at all time & at all places, simultaneously. God knows everything, sees everything, and controls everything.

Can men have real free will from God's perspective? Obviously not. He already knows what we will do.

Sovereign God has ordained what each person will do.

~~~~~

Cross Reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by musterion View Post

He was so strong on Jesus Christ He claimed His gospel as his own in a show of union and purpose. It is an elementary thing people do in their life to show solidarity with someone they strongly admire; in whom they have staked their lives.

Without saying they do, many presently do this on this forum.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What was Paul's reason for distinguishing between two Gospels: the Gospel for the Uncircumcision and the Gospel for the Circumcision (Gal 2:7-8)?

They were not two different gospels.

They were the same gospel delivered differently, but obeyed the same as Paul himself did obey it.

Act 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

LA

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone has the opportunity if they want to take it. However, due to people's sin nature, everyone WILL freely choose sins, because they love sin.
Sooooo, when your flesh body sins now (after you were regenerated), who chose to do those sins?