Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
wilson and luck will be negotiating new contracts this year

will they be team friendly?

only if they want to succeed in the playoffs
Luck didn't do so well. Sort of had a game like Manning, unfortunately. Wilson and his team dug deep. It was exciting to watch. That poor 86 Bostick on Green Bay. Could they keep the camera on him any longer? It was a new game in OT but I doubt he'll see it that way.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Maybe that is what the Nazi's should say to the Jews.

Oh come on, dude.

It still happened and directly affected outcomes.

Happened, yes. Whether or not it ever swung a game is something we'll never know. It's also worth pointing out what they did wasn't prohibited by the NFL until 2006, when the league issued the memo specifically prohibiting the practice. And from what Jimmy Johnson and others said, taping signals provides very little advantage. Belichick admitted as much when Kraft called him on the carpet.

He is a mediocre coach without Brady on the field.

He went 11-5 when Brady went down in 2008.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any way, I think the Pats get it done in non-dramatic fashion. Two weeks off can skew normal results in the NFL. Time will tell.

Granite

Hall of Fame
And the rest of his record without Brady? How about with Vinny Testeverde under center?

Generally, I think he blew during his tenure in Cleveland. Would he ever have found success without Brady? We'll never know.

As for Brady himself, I tend to think he would've succeeded anywhere he landed, given his insanely competitive nature and will to win.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For the die hard home team fan that doesn't keep track of the other teams....Kubiak backed up Elway. Then was his offensive coordinator under Shanahan with the two Super Bowl wins.

I'm a "die hard home team fan"

Surely, you aren't referring to me, considering the following post I made three days ago:

FYI: Kubiak went to 5 Super Bowls with Elway; 3 as Elway's backup QB, and 2 as Elway's OC.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Generally, I think he blew during his tenure in Cleveland. Would he ever have found success without Brady? We'll never know.
Not every great quarterback started the day great either (see: Young, Favre, etc.).

As for Brady himself, I tend to think he would've succeeded anywhere he landed, given his insanely competitive nature and will to win.
I'd agree, but if he'd landed on the Colts we'd be talking about his playoff failures and how they should impact the larger perception. :)

nodelink

Last week, Green Bay had a great quarterback but Seattle had a great team and came back to win.

Last year in the Super Bowl, Denver had a great quarterback but Seattle had a great team and won by a wide margin.

New England has a great coach and quarterback but they would need more to beat Seattle.

As a comparison, some churches have superstar pastors but it takes a great community to make a great church.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
let's take a look at detroit

20 johnson
18 stafford
13 suh
5 bush

56 total

leaving 77 for the rest of the team

not a good situation

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
let's take a look at seahawks

9 lynch
8 bennett
4 balwin
1 wilson

22 total

leaving 111 for the rest of the team

a good situation

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Last year in the Super Bowl, Denver had a great quarterback but Seattle had a great team and won by a wide margin.
95864985798598u5498uyrt598j.jpg

Is it true that the defense read the signals and knew every play that was coming in that embarrassing Superbowl? I was surprised that the Broncos defensive coach kept his job. Even a little league coach should be fired for that.

Water under the bridge. Everyone will be replaced. Manning will heal up and maybe return.

Now all we need is Tebow. :jump:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you wanna go to a Super Bowl, this is a "cheap" one. Apparently nobody wants to watch the Pats play again. . .
Could it be that the Seahawks are seen by many as the likely victor and they're disinterested in that? The opening line was Seattle by as much as 3, though betting drove that into a pick'em.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
seahawks are going to win
they are playing with house money

belichick looks tired
or
maybe he is just deflated

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Generally Would he ever have found success without Brady? We'll never know.

Phil Jackson is the other fraud. He had Jordan. And after that, he had Kobe and Shaq in their prime, at the same time. He looks mediocre with mediocre players around him.

Bill quits when Brady hangs it up. I could be wrong.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Phil Jackson is the other fraud. He had Jordan. And after that, he had Kobe and Shaq in their prime, at the same time. He looks mediocre with mediocre players around him.
He's. Not. Coaching. :plain: I think he's a great coach, but no coach wins without talent. Riley didn't, Red didn't and Phil didn't.

Bill quits when Brady hangs it up. I could be wrong.
I think he'd be smart to end his tenure with New England and start fresh, if he still wants to coach. It's hard to find that sort of luck twice in the same town, but he could travel to a team with a really good young qb and put it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.