NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Look:

If Belichick and Brady are lying, they've painted themselves into one hell of a corner with zero wiggle room whatsoever. I can't honestly believe they have something to hide--not given how emphatic and open they've been.

Committing career suicide is simply not a move I see either man making.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What do you mean other? Seattle has two making ten or more. Raising it arbitrarily to get Seattle under two is funny, but then you'd still be surprised.

Holding you to your own standard, Ten, Was, Oak, Jac, Ind have 0 players making ten or more a year.

Teams with only 1 player making ten or more: Atl, Buf, Hou, Mia, Min, NE, Gia and SD.

Teams with 2 players making ten million or more: Bal, Car, Chi, Cin, Cle, GB, Jets, Phi, TB, Niners, Seattle.

Teams with 3: Dal, Den, Det, NO, Pit, KC and SL.

Teams with 4: Arz

nice work
you can't be using 2014 cap hit numbers?
it would give you two washington players over 10 and you have none
so
what are you using?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
nice work
you can't be using 2014 cap hit numbers?
it would give you two washington players over 10 and you have none
so
what are you using?
Sorry. I goofed Washington. Orakpo is 11 mil and the LT is getting right at 10. Mea culpa. I must have been eye tired at the end.

Else, it's spotrac and the numbers are current.

Here's the link.

Arsenios

If New England wants to play with their under-inflated balls,
Seattle will most assuredly render every assistance available...

Pro-football games are warfare, generally speaking... There are spies, lip-readers, cyber-stalking, dirty deeds in all directions, and underinflating your own balls is but a small help for a QB who probably has perhaps somewhat undersized hands, and would struggle with pulling down a pump fake without a softer ball... On cold days, some teams would heat their balls, to improve ductility...

I remember when Don Coryell coached the Chargers, and we found out after one game that our play calling had been 100% eaves-dropped, and even so, we almost won the game... The opposing team was able to call the PERFECT defensive formation for every play we ran... And even so, it boiled down to execution and making plays...

Nobody blamed the opposing team for decoding our signals... We blamed ourselves for allowing them to be decoded... Victims do not do well in the NFL...

So the fluff is more about ginning up a story than a real problem... Cheating is an accepted part of the game - Every team will take without question a bad call by the Ref if it benefits them... As Madden said of his Raiders: "IF it is true that we are a team that plays dirty to win, the ONLY question YOU have is this: 'What are YOU going to DO about it?'..."

Deflating New England's balls will be Seattle's joy...

And if they NEED them deflated, and the Ref's do not allow it, New England could have a bad passing day...

I bet they are practicing with fully inflated balls these two weeks in prep for the game Sunday...

Arsenios

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Victims do not do well in the NFL...

So the fluff is more about ginning up a story than a real problem... Cheating is an accepted part of the game - Every team will take without question a bad call by the Ref if it benefits them... As Madden said of his Raiders: "IF it is true that we are a team that plays dirty to win, the ONLY question YOU have is this: 'What are YOU going to DO about it?'..."

whine?

Arsenios

and you don't remember dan fouts?

it was fun watching him

When he threw to JJ (John Jefferson) for TDs in the end zone?

Oakland, in those years, trained all year to defense the Charger's offense, and won Superbowls - And the Chargers, with the greatest offense, though having a very good defense, could not stop Oakland... And won no Superbowl... It was probably those years that established the adage that the best defense wins the championships... San Diego never got past Oakland to even play in the Superbowl...

And Charger fan that I was, I came to admire Oakland...

While still hating them, mind you...

Fans are a fickle lot...

Arsenios

Last edited:

Arsenios

Madden was a realist...

And war, within the rules of the Game [of pro football], is no holds barred unless caught and penalized by the ref's, which is a part of the calculations of the game...

THEN you get the wine... :)

A.

Last edited:

JPPT1974

Someone on the Patriots team named Browner vowed to break Richard Sherman's arm. I am not a fan of Richard Sherman don't get me wrong. But to break somebody's arm is not nice at all.

Arsenios

Someone on the Patriots team named Browner vowed to break Richard Sherman's arm.
I am not a fan of Richard Sherman don't get me wrong.
But to break somebody's arm is not nice at all.

It is a violent sport... Beating guys like that is part of the joy with which the Hawks play... Browner could end up getting hurt...

You see, as long as he is focused on hurting someone, he will not be able to concentrate enough to make the plays needed to win... And his remarks are designed to instill the same displacement of focus on Sherman...

Injuries are part of the game...

Arsenios

Last edited:

The Berean

Yeah...imagine if the Super Bowl was being held in New York this year. :shocked:

That would have been so awesome!!! I hate all these super Bowl in sterile and boring warm environments. Some of the greatest games in NFL history have been played in the snow/ice. (The Sneakers Game, The Ice Bowl, The Greatest Game Ever Played, etc.)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Look:

If Belichick and Brady are lying, they've painted themselves into one hell of a corner with zero wiggle room whatsoever. I can't honestly believe they have something to hide--not given how emphatic and open they've been.

Committing career suicide is simply not a move I see either man making.

And I just heard about Kraft telling the league to apologize to the team for the accusations. Talk about sticking your neck out there. :jawdrop:

Granite

Hall of Fame
The attendant the league has "zeroed in on" used a bathroom for ninety seconds, as seen on a surveillance video the Pats themselves sent to the league. This story's officially jumped the shark.

As for Kraft...talk about doubling down. Can you imagine how infuriated Goodell would be, gritting his teeth if he actually had to hold a presser and apologize? Oh, and fans of every other team in the league would be completely beside themselves.

It'd be beautiful.:chuckle: :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.