Breaking: Supreme Court will decide marriage for US in June, once and for all

GFR7

No more debate after June.

The Supreme Court will rule this June on whether same-sex couples have the right to marry nationwide.

The justices will look at a ruling by the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in November that kept bans on same-sex marriages in Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee and Ohio, four of the 14 states in the country that still do not allow same-sex couples to marry. Other federal appeals courts had turned away anti-gay marriage laws, in effect legalizing same-sex unions in more than 30 states.

http://mashable.com/2015/01/16/supreme-court-gay-marriage-2015/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Not necessarily, from your article:

But the ruling won't necessarily be that black and white. The Supreme Court could also scrap the bans in Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee and Ohio without saying same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry.

GFR7

Not necessarily, from your article:
I understand this, but gay advocates insist this will be a Roe v Wade moment, and considering this court, I wouldn't be surprised.

Even with what you quoted, it would set a Supreme Court ruling precedent.
As if these federal judges need any more fuel to their fire: Just look how the states have fallen like dominoes after the Supreme Court Windsor ruling of 2013!!
Gay activist David Badash says:

Ultimately, the Court will decide if same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry, or if states have a constitutional right to ban them from the institution.

And this is how USA Today puts it in it's breaking news of the hour:

WASHINGTON, DC- The Supreme Court agreed Friday to resolve the national debate over same-sex marriage once and for all.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/16/supreme-court-gay-marriage/21867355/

And from the New York Times:

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Friday agreed to decide whether all 50 states must allow gay and lesbian couples to marry. The court’s announcement made it likely that it would resolve one of the great civil rights questions of the age before its current term ends in June.

Last edited:

musterion

Do it for them. They're what made America great. Them, and Muslims.

f2e521fd98446f026b0f6a706700b942.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I want to point out for chrysostom and republicanchick that this Supreme Court is a Republican majority. So voting Republican will give us this verdict.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Legally, it will. To a great extent it will settle things culturally as well.

seems like it's a foregone conclusion, culturally :idunno:

I want to point out for chrysostom and republicanchick that this Supreme Court is a Republican majority. So voting Republican will give us this verdict.

pray that God guides their hearts to righteousness and away from town heretic reasoning evil

republicanchick

No more debate after June.

The Supreme Court will rule this June on whether same-sex couples have the right to marry nationwide.

The justices will look at a ruling by the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in November that kept bans on same-sex marriages in Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee and Ohio, four of the 14 states in the country that still do not allow same-sex couples to marry. Other federal appeals courts had turned away anti-gay marriage laws, in effect legalizing same-sex unions in more than 30 states.

[/url]
I'm glad most of the justices are conservative

thanks 4 the info

+

GFR7

I'm glad most of the justices are conservative

thanks 4 the info

+
Well, the problem is Justice Kennedy: If he swings towards the liberal justices, same sex marriage will become the law of the land. I am hoping he does the right thing, but I don't trust him.