Alcohol use Poll

Alcohol use Poll

• Drinking is sinful.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Angel4Truth
Can you read the results after voting? I have no compunctions on sharing my views and written some of it out. I do wish to read it until most who care, vote.
I learned a lot from this.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Angel4Truth
Can you read the results after voting? I have no compunctions on sharing my views and written some of it out. I do wish to read it until most who care, vote.
I learned a lot from this.

yes, i can see the results by clicking the number out beside the question and it shows all the results and who voted for what. Mine were as follows:

I think alcohol is alright for adult use.

Moderate use of alcohol would be fine.

Drinking in access is the only problem with alcohol.

Alcohol should be restricted to protect children.

Personally, i do not drink, but it doesn't bother me if others do, however i do not like to be around anyone who drinks in excess and i think drinking in excess is wrong, because it distorts the sound mind God wants us to have.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Now I cannot see who voted anymore, I was afraid of this, yet did not wish to have others wonder why I had not voted. We need to fix this problem!

On this issue: "I do not allow alcohol on my house." I need to explain, I do not mind friends and family bringing wine, or beer for dinner, as long as they take it home. I do not them to drink at length.
On my property I have tea, coke ( soft drinks), juice ( several kinds), and in summer, a picture of lemonade. I do not keep beer or wine, and no booze.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Now I cannot see who voted anymore, I was afraid of this, yet did not wish to have other wonder why I had not voted. We need to fix this problem!

On this issue: "I do not allow alcohol on my house." I need to explain, I do not mind friends and family bringing wine, or beer for dinner, as long as they take it home. I do not them drink at length.
On my property I have tea, coke ( soft drinks), juice ( several kinds), and in summer, a picture of lemonade. I do not keep beer or wine, and no booze.

If i click any number in the column to the right side of the poll, i see all of who voted for all of them. If i try to click one with a 0 then i see nothing.

I keep no liquor either and no one ever brings any to my home, and the only time im ever around anyone who has a drink is if they order one with dinner and we are dining with other people.

PureX

Now I cannot see who voted anymore, I was afraid of this, yet did not wish to have others wonder why I had not voted. We need to fix this problem!

On this issue: "I do not allow alcohol on my house." I need to explain, I do not mind friends and family bringing wine, or beer for dinner, as long as they take it home. I do not them to drink at length.
Why?

PureX

I believe people can make their own decisions regarding this. I don't think poorly of those who drink and do not think it is a moral issue.

While I have no problem with those who drink, I don't drink, and it's not for lack of trying in my younger days. It just doesn't agree with me physically. I voted that I did not like being around drinkers only because no matter how many times you are around them and you are not drinking, the drinkers always seem to encourage, on the order of insisting, that I have a drink too. There's no respect for the non-drinker it seems... especially as the number of drinks consumed has increased.

The observations I have made from watching drinking and drunken behavior can be boiled down to one statement: There's a reason alcohol is called spirits.

As said previously, i don't think drinking is a morality issue, but if used to excess, it definitely becomes a spiritual issue.
I'm not especially inclined to be around people who are drinking, as well. Not because they encourage me to drink, as most people know I do not drink, and why. But because people don't realize how foolish they behave when they're drinking.

I don't mind that they behave foolishly, but when I'm sober, and they aren't, it becomes tedious and annoying rather quickly.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If i click any number in the column to the right side of the poll, i see all of who voted for all of them. If i try to click one with a 0 then i see nothing.

I keep no liquor either and no one ever brings any to my home, and the only time im ever around anyone who has a drink is if they order one with dinner and we are dining with other people.
Thanks, good to have someone smarter about this here!
I agree, when others order a drink, I never mind, but if they keep doing that, well they do not invite me, if they do that.

Doom

My issue is every time you buy alcohol you are keeping an industry alive which does destroy lives....same with baccy.

Products that destroy lives...

Fast Food
Automobiles
Sugar
Tobacco
Television
Video Games
Computers
Cutlery
Guns
Doctors
Prescription Drugs
Pesticides / Herbicides

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Products that destroy lives...

Fast Food

Guns

Prescription Drugs

Fast Food could be an interesting topic, and might be layered with some humour. Guns has been done and prescription drugs, well that would be best as a regular thread.

Levolor

I'm not especially inclined to be around people who are drinking, as well. Not because they encourage me to drink, as most people know I do not drink, and why. But because people don't realize how foolish they behave when they're drinking.

I don't mind that they behave foolishly, but when I'm sober, and they aren't, it becomes tedious and annoying rather quickly.

Indeed.

Levolor

Mine were as follows:

I think alcohol is alright for adult use.

Moderate use of alcohol would be fine.

Drinking in access is the only problem with alcohol.

Alcohol should be restricted to protect children.

Personally, i do not drink, but it doesn't bother me if others do, however i do not like to be around anyone who drinks in excess and i think drinking in excess is wrong, because it distorts the sound mind God wants us to have.

Yes, Praise God!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I agree. Anti-alcoholic posts are silly.

The vast majority of foods eaten for thousands of years contain traces of alcohol, some more than others.

the post above was off topic and silly. I do not think anti-alcohol posts have to be silly, and this thread is more a non judgmental survey. It is not against alcohol.

Do not know about "Anti-alcoholic posts"???

Doom

the post above was off topic and silly. I do not think anti-alcohol posts have to be silly, and this thread is more a non judgmental survey. It is not against alcohol.

Do not know about "Anti-alcoholic posts"???
I was not referencing you, your posts, or this thread, just mocking the posts against alcohol.

All fermented foods contain alcohol, and they are good for you. This is why Paul recommended wine to Timothy. :)