ECT The commandments of Jesus

john w

Hall of Fame
The feasts, beginning with Passover, are to be kept in Jerusalem for all those (all or some?) of Israel. I do not understand prophecy and I live in the United States of America. Though circumcised and keeping the Law (minus tzit-tzit), I was born a Gentile.

Vs.

"What are these commands? "-TL

"Thank you. Yes, anything Jesus commands."-you

Then you lied, or are smashed. Which is it?

john w

Hall of Fame
The feasts, beginning with Passover, are to be kept in Jerusalem for all those (all or some?) of Israel. I do not understand prophecy and I live in the United States of America. Though circumcised and keeping the Law (minus tzit-tzit), I was born a Gentile.

Vs.

"Obviously when Jesus speaks and relates commandments to us He is not speaking contrary to the gospel. God's commands are indeed for us to observe."-you

You lied, or you are drunk.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Vs.

Then you lied, or are smashed. Which is it?
Neither. I don't drink. And I believe I keep Jesus' commands, which you might say are only for Jews but then I live in a foreign land and don't keep the command to wear tzit-tzit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Vs.

"Obviously when Jesus speaks and relates commandments to us He is not speaking contrary to the gospel. God's commands are indeed for us to observe."-you

You lied, or you are drunk.
No, you don't understand.

One, there is no temple to keep these feasts at this time. Two, I kept Passover but here in the United States not in Israel and Jerusalem.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why do you say this? What Levitical priest?

Matthew 8:4 KJV

And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

"There is no reason to say that if Jesus commanded it 2000 years ago it doesn't apply to us now"-you

Do it.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, you don't understand.

One, there is no temple to keep these feasts at this time. Two, I kept Passover but here in the United States not in Israel and Jerusalem.

"There is no reason to say that if Jesus commanded it 2000 years ago it doesn't apply to us now"-you

Drunk, or lying?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 8:4 KJV

And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Do it.
Do you know where there is a priest? And do you believe I have leprosy or have had leprosy?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Drunk, or lying?
Even Paul's command to not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man is for today.

john w

Hall of Fame
Some separate between the commands of Jesus and the commands of Paul.

Vs.

"There is no reason to say that if Jesus commanded it 2000 years ago it doesn't apply to us now.Obviously when Jesus speaks and relates commandments to us He is not speaking contrary to the gospel. God's commands are indeed for us to observe."-you

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, but I read in the Word of God where Jesus called Paul to be an apostle. And that Jesus gave Paul a dispensation of the gospel.
Can you provide the reference?

1 Corinthains 9:17 KJV - For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Vs.

"There is no reason to say that if Jesus commanded it 2000 years ago it doesn't apply to us now.Obviously when Jesus speaks and relates commandments to us He is not speaking contrary to the gospel. God's commands are indeed for us to observe."-you

john w,

Common sense would tell you that commands that are for priests are not for those who are not priests.

But that predates Jesus and the commands he gave.

john w

Hall of Fame
Neither. I don't drink. And I believe I keep Jesus' commands, which you might say are only for Jews but then I live in a foreign land and don't keep the command to wear tzit-tzit.

Vs.

Drunk, or lying?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Vs.

The beatitudes or the Law of Moses?