you Dish subscribers should ask 2b let out of your contract (and $ back)

republicanchick

yeh, you sign up for cable and you are told you will get Fox News, but then you no longer get Fox News b/c the provider drops that channel.

Seems to me they should be able to get out of hteir contract and go with another provider, even get some $$ back...

:cheers:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not having access to Fox News would not be what defines the provider I use ...

Caledvwlch

You don't have time to scroll down a couple of paragraphs to the plagiarism, but you have time to start a new thread that's exactly the same as your old thread about the same thing?

Quincy

You could buy yourself a Roku, subscribe to Hulu Plus and drop your satellite or cable provider. There's plenty of ways to watch all the Fox News you want over the internet. You can save a lot of money doing that . Unless you're into watching live sports, archaic telecommunications are unneeded.

shagster01

You could buy yourself a Roku, subscribe to Hulu Plus and drop your satellite or cable provider. There's plenty of ways to watch all the Fox News you want over the internet. You can save a lot of money doing that . Unless you're into watching live sports, archaic telecommunications are unneeded.

This is true. I have Hulu plus, Netflix, and an Antena on my tv for football. Plus I have Verizon, so I have football on my phone. I just have to download the walking dead.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
yeh, you sign up for cable and you are told you will get Fox News, but then you no longer get Fox News b/c the provider drops that channel.
That's not what actually happened. You should probably refer back to the last time you made this same sort of of post.

Seems to me they should be able to get out of hteir contract and go with another provider, even get some $$ back...
Read your contract. Those are the terms. You sign off on them the day they put the equipment in. How it seems to you isn't really the point. How it is and what you should read and understand before you enter into a contract with anyone is the point.

But Fox will likely be back after they hash it out, the way TCM is back on Dish after a brief hiatus during negotiations. That's the nature of the business. Directv has done the very same thing.

republicanchick

what if u dont have i-net except through friends and etc?

republicanchick

Read your contract. Those are the terms. You sign off on them the day they put the equipment in. How it seems to you isn't really the point. How it is and what you should read and understand before you enter into a contract with anyone is the point.

tha'ts exactly my point. Thanks for making it all over again

Quincy

what if u dont have i-net except through friends and etc?

You would have to purchase an internet line, which you wouldn't need the highest speed package, just enough for streaming. It would still cost less than a cable subscription. Those guys are crooks anyways, they keep raising the price, cutting channels and even limiting your bandwidth for streaming video over the internet.... if you have the internet through them.... in order to force you to get a cable sub. I wish people would cancel their subs, that way companies like TW would have to change their business model to something modern.

republicanchick

You would have to purchase an internet line, which you wouldn't need the highest speed package, just enough for streaming. It would still cost less than a cable subscription. Those guys are crooks anyways, they keep raising the price, cutting channels and even limiting your bandwidth for streaming video over the internet.... in order to force you to get a cable sub. I wish people would cancel their subs, that way companies like TW would have to change their business model.

thanks

what is tw?

(I think my computer is too old to get ANY kind of i-net...):plain:

Quincy

thanks

what is tw?

(I think my computer is too old to get ANY kind of i-net...):plain:

I meant Time Warner Cable but it goes for any of those companies.

The good thing about Roku, or something similar from Amazon or Google, is that you don't need a computer at all. You just connect it to your TV and they have a decent Fox News application. If you like The Factor, for example, you can watch it. It just isn't live, which is a bad thing for some people but if you don't care about it being live, it's a good deal. You just watch the show an hour or two late. A Roku is also a one time purchase, so no monthly payments other than your internet.

Anyways, just a friendly suggestion. I also got fed up with tv providers and their horrible customer service.