dumb lib laws that violate Command: "Love your neighbor"

republicanchick

See? You're just assuming it was a liberal (one liberal) because you don't like it.

pretty hard not to assume that when you look at all the stupid laws and ses...voila'!

it's proposed and promoted by liberals..

which is not to say that so called Rs don't come up with restrictive laws... just that liberals do it FAR more often and they are FAR more restrictive and un-American than the stuff Rs come up w/

Morpheus

yeh, too bad the liberals don't see the unborn as actual people

++

How strange. I'm extremely fiscally liberal, but was pro-life even when most churches didn't want to get associated with such "political" causes. My wife and I started one of the first Right To Life chapters in the US back in the late 70s. You need to stop watching Fox. Maybe then you might see how the Republican party intentionally confuses fiscal liberalism with social liberalism. They seen,t the same thing, but the American church has become infected with the ideology.

Caledvwlch

pretty hard not to assume that when you look at all the stupid laws and ses...voila'!

it's proposed and promoted by liberals..

which is not to say that so called Rs don't come up with restrictive laws... just that liberals do it FAR more often and they are FAR more restrictive and un-American than the stuff Rs come up w/

I guess what I was getting at is that the "don't feed the homeless" law sounds like something a stingy conservative would come up with, not a liberal. Especially after reading the quote in the article where the guy says it'll make the homeless dependent on handouts and less likely to get jobs. That's a standard conservative talking point and has been for decades. Now, I realize the quote didn't come from a city council member, and merely represents someone's opinion. It doesn't tell us whether or not this is a "conservative" or a "liberal" law.

The fact is that it was probably a mix of liberals and conservatives, but being Fort Lauderdale, they probably skew a bit to the wealthier side, and regardless of political affiliation, they were queasy about the homeless population in their city, and chose to hold their noses in the air rather than help. But again, this information is not available in the piece. Even Fox News is not declaring this to be the work of "liberals," so I would like to know how you can come to that conclusion.

Caledvwlch

plagerism should be a hard thing to prove b/c ideas are often shared by a wide group of people. Reaganomics was not entirely from Reagan (being one example). I don't see any clear proof that Carson is guilty of blatant plagerism

Word for word plagiarism is not hard to prove. Just look down through the story to see it all there in easy-to-read black and white.

republicanchick

Word for word plagiarism is not hard to prove. Just look down through the story to see it all there in easy-to-read black and white.

I have limited time. I read some of it. If the main point of any given article doesn't state what the article is about fairly clearly in the beginning, I figure the author doesn't have a real point or case...

just politics as usual

and then I am outa here

Caledvwlch

I have limited time. I read some of it. If the main point of any given article doesn't state what the article is about fairly clearly in the beginning, I figure the author doesn't have a real point or case...

just politics as usual

and then I am outa here

Fortunately, I'm here to guide you straight to the important bits. Observe the bold text sections farther down the article.

The dude straight up stole the text. Which is great, because in the same book he spent a lot of time talking about that one time in college he learned what plagiarism is and how serious it is from his professor.

republicanchick

Fortunately, I'm here to guide you straight to the important bits. Observe the bold text sections farther down the article.

The dude straight up stole the text. Which is great, because in the same book he spent a lot of time talking about that one time in college he learned what plagiarism is and how serious it is from his professor.

I will believe Carson over a lib

republicanchick

And over your own eyes, apparently.

:bang:

you libs are always plagarizing

But of course, u are not interested in that kind of hting. you only want to sling mud @ the Rs

Clinton used to plagarize Kennedy's look and movements...

yeh, he should be sued for that, dontcha think?