Fox News gets it so wrong ...........

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl:

Oh wow, that's hysterical. How could this guy make such an enormous gaffe?! He's clearly never been to the UK...

For anyone interested, Birmingham is part of the 'Midlands' and having lived in Nottingham for a number of years I can testify to the amount of cultural and racial diversity there is in such cities, and it's a good thing. :)

I suppose being around people who merely just wish you'd get it over with and crucify yourself is a lot better then being around those who will try.

You know all those outraged Muslims after every terrorist attack? Me neither. In fact, they like the idea of putting up mosques right where they happen.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I guess the whole thing is an example of the hysterical exaggeration of the Muslim population in Europe, by bigots.

in fact, Muslims are deeply concerned about the rate at which their fellow Muslims are converting to Christianity, or losing their faith entirely.

IMJerusha

I guess the whole thing is an example of the hysterical exaggeration of the Muslim population in Europe, by bigots.

You're not trying to stir the pot a mite here, are you?

in fact, Muslims are deeply concerned about the rate at which their fellow Muslims are converting to Christianity, or losing their faith entirely.

And this is a bad thing to you?...I mean, their conversion. You are a Christian, are you not? Maybe you should clarify.

Levolor

I quit all TV/Mainstream News a long time ago....I noticed waaaay to many inaccuracies and outright fallacies in their reporting (Some, more than others, admittedly.). It occurred to me that if I was finding this many errors in things which I knew about then how many things were they getting wrong regarding the things I know nothing about?

TV journalism is more concerned with ratings than accuracy IMHO. :idunno:

Me too. I finally washed my hands of them after the O.J. Simpson trial. Immediately after it had ended, we find out through the media, that there had been a trial for the bombers of the first bombing of the World Trade Center. That trial was at the same time all the reporting had been done about O.J., but nothing was said about the bombing trial until after both were over.

I would think that coverage of the first bombing of the World Trade Center trial would have been more important to report.

Now whenever there is something tremendously sensationalized I wonder what they are not reporting. What are they diverting our attention away from now?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Absolutely relevant as its whats OP was about.

I'm not sure what your question is about

Why, did I write it in Cantonese and you can't read it? You lying pig faced demon. You go to hell with barbie.

:mock: communist murderer and barbie

Morpheus

Me too. I finally washed my hands of them after the O.J. Simpson trial. Immediately after it had ended, we find out through the media, that there had been a trial for the bombers of the first bombing of the World Trade Center. That trial was at the same time all the reporting had been done about O.J., but nothing was said about the bombing trial until after both were over.

I would think that coverage of the first bombing of the World Trade Center trial would have been more important to report.

Now whenever there is something tremendously sensationalized I wonder what they are not reporting. What are they diverting our attention away from now?

The ridiculous agendas driving outlets like Fox and MSNBC should be obvious to any thinking person after viewing for only a few minutes. And even CNN, who tries to remain unbiased, rambles on, trying to fill their 24-hour cycle with attention grabbing interviews with people with extreme views. Even the hosts' opening remarks rely on lines like, "Will there be rioting tonight?". Fear and anger sell. The truth gets lost in all the hyperbole. News is information, and by that standard there are no TV news outlets save maybe PBS to some degree.

Levolor

The ridiculous agendas driving outlets like Fox and MSNBC should be obvious to any thinking person after viewing for only a few minutes. And even CNN, who tries to remain unbiased, rambles on, trying to fill their 24-hour cycle with attention grabbing interviews with people with extreme views. Even the hosts' opening remarks rely on lines like, "Will there be rioting tonight?". Fear and anger sell. The truth gets lost in all the hyperbole. News is information, and by that standard there are no TV news outlets save maybe PBS to some degree.

Absolutely. In today's environment.

Prior to Watergate things were different and seems to me that by the 1990s, news coverage had become more of 'gossip rag' than anything.

They who own the news outlets controls the minds of the unthinking masses... and oh my, there are so many of those no matter what continent we live on.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
The same annoying thing practically every other mainstream media outlet does. They gloss over the real complexity of the matter they are reporting on. They reduce everything to a sound byte that will be easy for their audience to swallow according to what they already generally believe. Probably, it wouldn't annoy me as much if people in the UK (and other countries) didn't have the completely trusting, uncritical attitude towards BBC that they do.

For example, they describe Steven Emerson's comments as a "Fox News claim" when he doesn't even work for Fox News. Fox News was interviewing him. It was a claim made on Fox News, yes, but describing him as a "Fox News expert" is misleading. As far as I can tell from doing a little impromptu research, the only news agency he ever actually worked for was CNN. But why worry about things like that, right? It happened on Fox News and everyone knows Fox News is outrageous, so there's no reason not to simplify and cater to what the audience already believes.

i keep thinking about starting a CBC thread, keeping track of their (usually racially oriented) biased reporting about events in the states

for instance, last night an anchor was reporting that george zimmerman was arrested again and described trayvon martin as a black teen who was shot while walking home from the convenience store

completely overlooking the fact that he was actively involved in banging george zimmerman's head into the concrete sidewalk at the time

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely. In today's environment.

Prior to Watergate things were different and seems to me that by the 1990s, news coverage had become more of 'gossip rag' than anything.

They who own the news outlets controls the minds of the unthinking masses... and oh my, there are so many of those no matter what continent we live on.

i'm moving to antarctica :patrol: