NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caledvwlch

Pete Carroll's record as head coach of the New England Patriots without Tom Brady: 33-31

Bill Belichick's record as head coach of the New England Patriots without Tom Brady: 16-18

I thought it was 16-16.

5-11 in 2000, and 11-5 in the Cassell year.

Either way, I'd still take Bill without blinking.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it is not temperature
it is not time
but
it does take time to get nine one and dones
playoffs?
you have to be good to make the playoffs
and
that means you are going to play a good team
you can stop a great runner
you can stop a great passer
but
you can't stop a great team
you don't get a great team
without
a great coach

Granite

Hall of Fame
All Peyton's doing now is damaging his legacy. Time to hang it up, old hoss.

The spirit's willing, but the flesh is weak.

Caledvwlch

it is not temperature
it is not time
but
playoffs?
and
but
without
a great coach

Reading your posts always makes me think of David Caruso in CSI: Miami for some reason.

every line break
sunglasses either go on
or come back off

Quincy

He's been to three and impressive by what metric?

His brother's performances in big games. Peyton has the work ethic, he prepares like a beast and he excels in season play.... but much of the NFL season is pointless. As long as you get into the playoffs and start playing elite then, you can go as far as ruining someone's undefeated season. Say what you want about Eli, but his post season performances are quite remarkable, in a positive way. He has the clutch gene that skipped Peyton, :chuckle: .

Quincy

it is not temperature
it is not time
but
playoffs?
and
but
without
a great coach

I wonder if you're William Shatner in real life sometimes, :think: . I always read your posts with his voice in my head.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I heard this on espn

the reason the review took so long
they had to call that guy who got off the cowboy party bus
and
he decided the call had to be reversed

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
His brother's performances in big games.
Took near miracles but we can look at it.

Peyton has the work ethic, he prepares like a beast and he excels in season play.... but much of the NFL season is pointless.
That's just a neat circle. Marino's greatness, Moon's greatness, a host of great ones aren't defined by that. Peyton we hold to a different standard, which is funny to me.

One of the reasons I love Manning is the same reason I loved (if didn't root for) the greatest qb the NFL has produced, Joe Montana. The reason is that neither of them were particularly gifted physically. Both defined their greatness by work, mental ability and unrelenting tenacity. And I'm as sure that Peyton on those Niner teams would have worn the same rings (or one more, being more durable than Joe) as I am of anything.

As long as you get into the playoffs and start playing elite then, you can go as far as ruining someone's undefeated season. Say what you want about Eli, but his post season performances are quite remarkable, in a positive way.
Eli has been both cool in high pressure situations and, frankly, lucky. He's also had a really good coach and, in his ring years, some really good defense.

He has the clutch gene that skipped Peyton, :chuckle: .
That's just irrational, but I won't talk you out of it. Time will bury your opinion and leave mine standing because mine is predicated on the numbers, on the facts and not the perception generated by a persistent narrative from any number of quarters with differing interests in seeing it established.

All Peyton's doing now is damaging his legacy. Time to hang it up, old hoss.

The spirit's willing, but the flesh is weak.
Complete revisionist nonsense. His legacy is secure by any reasonable metric and analysis. He had a bad game at at time when most people who play his position have been retired. And given how terrific he was last year and even this year until the Rams game, what should he have done differently? Pfft. The same sort of nonsense was being circulated about your guy early in the season when some idiot asked Bill if he was considering a change at the position.

Most great players, from Namath to Emmitt Smith leave a shadow of what they were. No one remembers the shadow. They remember what threw it once.

nodelink

hey tet
it looks like the ighest paid quarterbacks are losing

can you clear this up?

Quarterbacks don't win championships. Great teams win championships.

In the NFL, it requires offense, defense and special teams.

#PassingGame #RunningGame #SpecialTeams

#Backups #DepthChart

#ExcellenceEveryGame #ExcellenceEveryDay #ExcellenceEveryPlay #Depth #Versatility #Conditioning #Fitness

Granite

Hall of Fame
Per CBS: "In Peyton Manning's past two postseason games the Broncos have scored a combined 21 points."

Unreal. And unacceptable, frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.