Ted Cruz speaks on PRO LIFE.. YES!

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Did you miss my next sentence? " . . .No one here is arguing that Foetuses are sub-human just that they do not have the same rights as the human carrying them. If you cannot tell the difference between Nazi philosophical thought re Jews and the concept that a foetus becomes a full human at birth then the problem is yours rather than mine. . ."

OK It's Our Problem. You Win. Loser

Lon

The Jews were killed because they were considered sub-human. No one here is arguing that Foetuses are sub-human just that they do not have the same rights as the human carrying them.
:dizzy:

If you cannot tell the difference between Nazi philosophical thought re Jews and the concept that a foetus becomes a full human at birth then the problem is yours rather than mine.
Absolutely, which is why you 'like' the laws that allow their destruction, and I do not. You are digging yourself in deep on this website.

Yes, the topic is polarising and it certainly is not helped by the emotive language you and others use here.
Frankly, I've no choice. It is, in fact, murder as far as my understanding of scriptures and you have an impossible, frankly, task of proving otherwise. Not even the Catholics agree with you and are this and more adamant about it. This just makes your words detestable and not careful. You should really think long and hard before you lift up the OLD Catholics and Anglicans to ridicule and scrutiny of not being in the faith, though the damage is fast becoming irreparable. You cannot marginalize another member of the human race without being marginalized.

Here is the most important thing I can tell you regarding this: No priest should EVER make it his business to come between one form of human life, made by God, and another. It will ALWAYS be in the priest's best interests to do the 'loving' thing, not the 'expedient' one. Your choice is morally, spiritually, and marginally compromising. It is a TERRIBLE choice for a priest to get caught up on the wrong side. As I'm sure you are aware, there were churches in Germany during the time of the atrocities that said nothing, and some even unconscionably supported. Those priests are going to meet a very angry Maker. Be careful and mindful of yourself, priest.

kiwimacahau

Your opinion is noted and rejected. You are reading back in Jewish thought and scripture ideas which were never there. In doing so you are attempting to make yourself an arbiter for others, praising them when they agree with you and condemning them when they disagree. Nothing in scripture supports either your eisegesis of the passages quoted or your attempt to decide for others what is right and proper.

Lon

Your opinion is noted and rejected. You are reading back in Jewish thought and scripture ideas which were never there. In doing so you are attempting to make yourself an arbiter for others, praising them when they agree with you and condemning them when they disagree. Nothing in scripture supports either your eisegesis of the passages quoted or your attempt to decide for others what is right and proper.
Anybody and their dog can say that. I've shown from scripture, why it is imperative to treat the fetus as a human being: Specifically because God does. I could give a rip if you disagree and ran to Jews or WHOEVER else to find support for your wrong-headed, and Wrong-hearted murderous view. It is incredibly polarizing AND there are scholars on this side that quite disagree with you. You? You err on the unconscionable side!!! :noway:

What PRIEST does that???

Lon

No one here is arguing that Foetuses are sub-human
Wake up, Priest!

just that they do not have the same rights as the human carrying them.
:nono: MOST are killed entirely for convenience with few exceptions. You are arguing for why it was made okay, that ship sailed and died a LONG time ago.
Wake up, Priest!

If you cannot tell the difference between Nazi philosophical thought re Jews and the concept that a foetus becomes a full human at birth then the problem is yours rather than mine.
:nono: Wake up, Priest!

Yes, the topic is polarising and it certainly is not helped by the emotive language you and others use here.
Wake up, Priest! It is life and death! Are you mad??!!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
That is 'with' abortion in place. Think before being ridiculous. These are generally people that wanted kids. Killing them is not the answer. You called that part exactly right. Spare the brain-dead-tears. I have none for things that are further episodes in marginalizations and excuses.
In what sense are you a Christian if you advocate killing part of the population to make room for other parts???
'In what sense are you a Christian' if your concern for human life comes to a screeching stop once the child is born. It isn't as if the Bible ihas nothing to say about the plight of the poor!

Heaven forbid that our "pro-life" zealots get off their "soapboxes" long enough to examine the underlying causes for abortion in America!

Poverty, especially child poverty, would rank right up there and until that problem is addressed mothers will continue to have second thoughts about bringing children in a slum where there is little or no chance of a better life!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Typical pro-abortion argument/distraction.
I suppose that pointing out the embarrassing fact that the child poverty rate in America, the wealthiest nation in the world, is amongst the highest (32.5%) for developed nations, is nothing more than a ploy that "pro-lifers" don't want to address.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
So ... your argument is ... it's better to be dead than poor ...
When all is said and done, that's their personal decision to make, and if you really want to influence them in favor of "pro-life," giving people a sense of hope that the life of their child will be better than theirs is not such a bad strategy.

Lon

'In what sense are you a Christian' if your concern for human life comes to a screeching stop once the child is born. It isn't as if the Bible ihas nothing to say about the plight of the poor!

Heaven forbid that our "pro-life" zealots get off their "soapboxes" long enough to examine the underlying causes for abortion in America!

Poverty, especially child poverty, would rank right up there and until that problem is addressed mothers will continue to have second thoughts about bringing children in a slum where there is little or no chance of a better life!
Isn't that an even worse crime of convenience? How can you live with yourself? Yeah, murdering them is the answer. I was one of those poverty kids, btw. :plain:
When all is said and done, that's their personal decision to make, and if you really want to influence them in favor of "pro-life," giving people a sense of hope that the life of their child will be better than theirs is not such a bad strategy.
Like an adoption waiting list? :think:

Your life and concern is utilitarian. That paradigm shifts when one becomes a Christian. Look to thyself.

kiwimacahau

Isn't that an even worse crime of convenience? How can you live with yourself? Yeah, murdering them is the answer. I was one of those poverty kids, btw. :plain:

Like an adoption waiting list? :think:

Your life and concern is utilitarian. That paradigm shifts when one becomes a Christian. Look to thyself.

I've known Jgarden quite awhile in Internet terms. He has never struck me as sub-christian but then again most people are considered sub-christian by members of one of the US evangelical churches. Poor, benighted individuals that they are.