Muslims burn 43 more to death....because the 40 last week wasn't enough

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Because you want to do the same thing just to stop them from doing it. It's pointless.

candh.gif

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure there is one.

I am sure that dropping a nuke isn't one. It will kill some ISIS members and women and children, but it won't stop ISIS completely.

Do you think killing women and children to prevent ISIS from killing women and children is a solution?

So I'm still waiting to hear your REAL solution too.
I'm thinking of the A-bomb on Japan.

Didn't have to kill every single one of them in order for them to get the clear message to back off.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Didn't have to kill every single one of them in order for them to get the clear message to back off.

Completely different situation and still not morally defensible, for that matter.

genuineoriginal

Are you being a bigger pedantic dork than usual today
No, that is your specialization.

or are you in a real special mood? Since you're such a fan of running to the dictionary to prove a point look up "hyperbole" or "figure of speech." I'll wait.:yawn:
Your claim is that the United States has demanded the world grovel at our feet for a long time.

Do you have any examples of this or are you just inventing "facts" to support your argument?

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, that is your specialization.

Your claim is that the United States has demanded the world grovel at our feet for a long time.

Do you have any examples of this or are you just inventing "facts" to support your argument?

Look man, I've got zero interest humoring a literal-minded pedantic little manchild like you. Quit trolling me, or I'll just put you on ignore. The thread's interesting, your attempts to derail notwithstanding.

Tinark

We didn't have to kill every communist in order for them to get the clear message to back off. We didn't even have to use nukes.

The goal is to make Islamism as appealing as Soviet style communism is today. It's a war of ideas. The lazy and violent people don't want to have to bother with that - ideas are too difficult for them, they think the solution is a slaughter fest.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You've got to remember, the "nuke em" crowd doesn't want to just nuke ISIS but also all other Muslim majority countries they consider a threat. They think the biggest slaughter-fest and genocide in the history of humanity will magically solve problems.
Didn't say that.

You've really got to wonder about the mental competence of someone who thinks the solution to almost every problem is to kill people.
Didn't say that either.

shagster01

Except that these weirdo ISIS people WANT to and are TRYING to bring on the end of the world. Launching nukes won't really deter that thinking like it did with Japan, will it?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Except that these weirdo ISIS people WANT to asnd are TRYING to bring on the end of the world. Launching nukes won't really deter that thinking like it did with Japan, will it?

actually, it's a good comparison

the japs determination to resist the allied invasion of the jap mainland was suicidal

Tinark

Didn't say that.

Didn't say that either.

The solution to the problem is to contain ISIS - prevent them from spreading territoriality, allow those caught within ISIS territory a way to escape and provide them humanitarian aid - empower the other ME governments to wear them down. In the long term, the goal should be to discredit the Islamist ideology fueled by Western conspiracy theories and empower non-Islamist Muslims to have a voice and spread the message and provide an alternative. Discredit it in the same way that communism has been discredited. Calling them all crazy evil violent psychopaths that simply need to be killed does not address the root cause - it is a lazy excuse to avoid the root problem.

At the core of their ideology is that Christians and the West as at war with all Muslims, and a great holy war of the world against all Muslims is at hand, which will usher in the end of the world. You'll be playing directly into the Islamist narrative by confirming this claim if you nuke them, further empowering the narrative and drawing more adherents into the ideology.

shagster01

Calling them all crazy evil violent psychopaths that simply need to be killed does not address the root cause - it is a lazy excuse to avoid the root problem.

It's lazy if smart people try this option. But I have a feeling she's just dumb and actually believes it could work.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We didn't have to kill every communist in order for them to get the clear message to back off.
Right.

And I'm saying that we don't have to kill every ISIS member to get them to back off.

The goal is to make Islamism as appealing as Soviet style communism is today. It's a war of ideas. The lazy and violent people don't want to have to bother with that - ideas are too difficult for them, they think the solution is a slaughter fest.
All the while you are expressing "ideas", those "lazy and violent" are racking up the death toll, with no slowing down in sight.

So, how long do you just want to sit around and let them continue the carnage, hoping that ideas might stop them?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The solution to the problem is to contain ISIS - prevent them from spreading territoriality, allow those caught within ISIS territory a way to escape and provide them humanitarian aid - empower the other ME governments to wear them down. In the long term, the goal should be to discredit the Islamist ideology fueled by Western conspiracy theories and empower non-Islamist Muslims to have a voice and spread the message and provide an alternative. Discredit it in the same way that communism has been discredited. Calling them all crazy evil violent psychopaths that simply need to be killed does not address the root cause - it is a lazy excuse to avoid the root problem.

At the core of their ideology is that Christians and the West as at war with all Muslims, and a great holy war of the world against all Muslims is at hand, which will usher in the end of the world. You'll be playing directly into the Islamist narrative by confirming this claim if you nuke them, further empowering the narrative and drawing more adherents into the ideology.
God wiping out folks must be lazy in your eyes.

Tinark

Right.

And I'm saying that we don't have to kill every ISIS member to get them to back off.

All the while you are expressing "ideas", those "lazy and violent" are racking up the death toll, with no slowing down in sight.

So, how long do you just want to sit around and let them continue the carnage, hoping that ideas might stop them?

They can be contained. We need to provide defense for any towns they wish to attack to prevent them from gaining more territory. We can bomb their weapon caches, equipment, and revenue sources (oil fields). We can strategically liberate towns they control in a well planned and coordinated assault.

Containing ISIS will cause them to rot from within - helping to discredit the utopia they claim to be ushering in.

Did we go in and nuke every country that had a communist revolution? Did we immediately declare war on every communist country? No, that would've been an absolute disaster.

The war of ideas is the long term solution.

We can learn a lot from the parallels in how communism was fought as a war of ideas and how communism spread, and the strategies we employed to contain it and prevent innocents from being swallowed up in it. It is also similar in a lot of ways to facism.

Islamism, at it's core, is fascism as a political ideology wrapped up in the package of the religion of Islam. We should treat it as a toxic political ideology and draw parallels from how toxic political ideologies have been dealt with in the past.

Tinark

God wiping out folks must be lazy in your eyes.

It is lazy - killing people doesn't kill the ideas which drive them. Killing the idea is difficult work that takes a lot of time. We've largely accomplished it in regards to Soviet style communism, but even then, pockets of it still exist - it is difficult to eradicate it completely, but it can be broken down, with a lot of hard work and effort, until it becomes largely impotent.