ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenios

Bless you....Good day to you, sir.

There! That wasn't so hard, was it?

And it is living PROOF POSITIVE...

That God answered my prayer for you...

OR...

As my dyslexic friend loves to always say:

"It proves that there ISADOG!"

Arsenios

heir

TOL Subscriber
So, you deny the Kingship of God Almighty?
The King is on exile.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Acts 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

It hasn't happened.

Arsenios

Genesis-Revelation.

I just went over the top.

Bless you, Mr. Maharishi Meshak.

Sorry, I am a Trin...

No help for Meshak...

No help, but my BROTHER!!!

Thank-you for your BLESSING!!!

YOUR blessing is MY TREASURY!

God Bless You...

Arsenios

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you, saint john, for taking it easy on Mocking You.
This person appears to be sincere.

Well, that person claims not of works lest any man should boast. And you know how much the wolves of TOL hate not boasting in their flesh. So that is a start.

OK, I think I see what you are saying here. Although Jesus did say he would be crucified, buried, and rise again, several times, he never preached it as The Gospel. It was more of an informative aside he was giving to the apostles. Interesting.

Now, according to Luke where the 12 that were preaching the good news of the kingdom, was it possible they were preaching the DBR of the Lord Jesus Christ for any reason at all? Let alone because he was paying the price for sin. Is there any way they could have even brought it up?

Luke 18

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
This is the very worst day for the MADists I have observed yet.

Not a one of them can present an adult or correct scriptural apologetic for their view, and they are not nearly as humorous as Arsenios!

Losers, all. :loser::loser::loser::loser:

Misinterpreting Isaiah 53, knocked Johnny right off his wall, & damaged his gun beyond repair.

Tambora will not take this news, well. . .

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, the death, burial, resurrection, was hid from the 12. One more time:

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

This verse has NADA to do with a sin offering-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins.. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

Mar 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
Mar 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
Mar 2:11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

Mar 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
Mar 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
Mar 2:11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

Is. 53:7 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

Lies.

Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
Act 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"the witness of all the other Apostles."-witchiepoo

Like your "just one piece of good news/"message" in the bible" satanic "doctrine"/"message," which inevitably led you to "beatify" your saint Judas, one of "the other Apostles," who you claim preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV? Tell us about your saint Judas' "witness," biblically clueless one. Go ahead. Lay it out for us.

Let me guess your response: Bah....Gag....

Wolf-ette. Leave our territory, wolf "lady."

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The King is on exile.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Acts 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

It hasn't happened.

Yikes!

Jesus Christ reigns in full authority and rule at the right hand of God, as King, NOW. And a King is not a King without a Kingdom.

Serious MADist denial and error. But I am not surprised. It's why I have given them warning of their blindness.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, the 12, while preaching "the gospel of the kingdom" for almost 3 years, had no idea that the Master would die, and be raised. They initially did not believe that He had risen. Peter, twice, attempted to prevent His death, the very death that would be a "pre-req" to his justification, that would reconcile Him. No one knew-the 12 did not, John the B did not, Mary did not, and satan did not. It was hid.

No one, not even the Lord Jesus Christ, prior to the death/burial/resurrection, preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, prior to its occurrence.

Mary knew.

Satan knew but did not understand it.

The 12 were told but they could not grasp it rather.

Lazarus understood (the closest friend of Jesus)

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yikes!

Jesus Christ reigns in full authority and rule at the right hand of God, as King, NOW. And a King is not a King without a Kingdom.

Serious MADist denial and error. But I am not surprised. It's why I have given them warning of their blindness.
The Lord Jesus Christ is NOT operating under all power right now!

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

If the Lord was operating under "all power" there would not be a god of this world

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

or spiritual wickedness in high places!

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Teach no other doctrine!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you can "get" that "gospel" merely means "good news," and that there is plenty of good news in the book, the context telling which good news/"gospel" is being discussed. you can understand that "the gospel of the kingdom," the good news re. the upcoming kingdom of heaven upon the earth. "the days of heaven upon the earth," according to prophecy, is not equivalent to the gospel, the good news, that Paul preached, as summarized in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

The Spirit of the Kingdom of God has already come to true believers since Pentecost and continues.

LA

Arsenios

Paul gloried in the cross!

Indeed, but only AFTER he persecuted Christ and made sure Stephen was dead by stoning...

AFTER that he embraced the Cross...

Nor is there ANY record that he EVER saw Jesus in the flesh, or ON the Cross...

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Yes - To preach the Cross is to preach suffering...

Taking up their cross would be to love not their own lives unto the death,

But indeed to hate their own lives, and love ONLY the Life of Christ, Who suffered...

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

This is exactly the case...

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

And even more so...

but us, a living sacrifice (and don't confuse service with salvation as you cannot serve to be saved, you must be saved to serve!):

We are called to repentance... Service as a slave, even though we are heirs, is its beginning...

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Suffering in the body, yes?

:nono: We did not murder the Messiah. Notice:

Oh yes-yes we DID... Until we DIE to the world, and are Baptzed INTO Christ, we ARE His Murderers... As was Paul... Whom He died FOR...

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Exactly...

The point is (which you completely missed) is that Peter did not preach "that Christ died for our sins". He didn't know it. He didn't even know that the Lord must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day shortly before it would happen. Just look at Peter's reaction:

Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Matthew 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

This is true of all the Apostles UNTIL the Resurrection, and even then, they did NOT believe the Myrrh Bearing Women Disciples of the Lord whom the Lord Himself sent to them... And Thomas not until he thrust his hand into our Lord's wound...

But AFTER, they ALL FULLY believed, as did Paul, and they went forth to all the world preaching the Gospel of Christ, and Paul served as the midwife who weaned Christianity from the Jews who rejected Christ and killed Him...

And Paul, whom Christ died on the Cross to save, was persecuting Christ and killing His Servants until his fateful meeting and blinding followed by his restoration of sight and Baptism into Christ and being filled with the Holy Spirit BY Ananias whom Christ sent to do so...

Arsenios

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The Lord Jesus Christ is NOT operating under all power right now!

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

If the Lord was operating under "all power" there would not be a god of this world

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

or spiritual wickedness in high places!

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Teach no other doctrine!

You are totally wrong.

Totally.

Jesus Christ accomplished victory over sin, death and the devil on the cross and ascended to heaven with full authority and rule over His Kingdom of saints. Hebrews 2:14, I Corinthians 15:57, Mark 16:19, Luke 22:69, Acts 2:33, 5:31, 7:55-56, Romans 8:34, Colossians 3:1, Hebrews 10:12, I Peter 3:22

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The point is (which you completely missed) is that Peter did not preach "that Christ died for our sins". He didn't know it. He didn't even know that the Lord must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day shortly before it would happen. Just look at Peter's reaction:

Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Matthew 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

So Peter knew.

Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Mat 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Joh 12:23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
Joh 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are totally wrong.

Totally.
The devil is on the loose and has workers behind pulpits all over the world.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

It's undeniable.

Arsenios

I reckon that he sits around, at the old folks home, with Mr. Schwamp.And then, he waxes the steps, and makes prank phone calls, after midnight, calling old people, like myself, late at night, who have landline phones, and, before hanging up on them, he says, "Bless you, Jake."

I think you are right, that I AM older than you...

And SMELLIER too, you DOG!

But I would never hang up on you...

It is too much fun yanking your chain!

Still and all, a GREAT visual...

I REMAIN in your debt...

So now that you have given me your blessing,

Will you FORGIVE ME as well??

I am not all that far from your description...

Arsenios

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The King is on exile.

It hasn't happened.

The Spirit of the Kingdom has come to the believers, and it demands no further stone temples and blood sacrifices.

Status
Not open for further replies.