Mager, Craig Texas St. DB 4.44

Shaw, Josh USC DB 4.44

Rowe, Eric Utah S 4.45

Smith, D'Joun Florida Atlantic DB 4.45

Golson, Senquez Mississippi DB 4.46

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Eh. I always thought it looked like a catch.

The controversy was never around whether Franco caught it or not.

The controversy was whether the ball was touched by the Steeler receiver (Frenchy Fuqua) and/or the Raiders' Jack Tatum.

"The critical question was: whom did the football touch in the Fuqua/Tatum collision? If it bounced off Fuqua without ever touching Tatum, then Harris's reception was illegal. If the ball bounced off only Tatum, or if it bounced off both Fuqua and Tatum (in any order), then the reception was legal. The rule stated in the pertinent part that once an offensive player touches a pass, he is the only offensive player eligible to catch the pass. However, if a defensive player touches the pass "first, or simultaneously with or subsequent to its having been touched by only one [offensive] player, then all [offensive] players become and remain eligible" to catch the pass. (This rule was later rescinded in 1978.)"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Final top 10 for defensive backs from NFL.com

Waynes, Trae Michigan St. DB 4.31

Cox, Justin Mississippi St. S 4.36

Darby, Ronald Florida St. DB 4.38

Gaines, Charles Louisville DB 4.44

Grant, Doran Ohio St. DB 4.44

Mager, Craig Texas St. DB 4.44

Shaw, Josh USC DB 4.44

Rowe, Eric Utah S 4.45

Smith, D'Joun Florida Atlantic DB 4.45

Golson, Senquez Mississippi DB 4.46

Other than Trae Waynes, do you think any of the above DB's will go in the first round?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Other than Trae Waynes, do you think any of the above DB's will go in the first round?

Well, when it comes to the usual suspects of Cleveland, Oakland, Indy, NYJ, and Dan Snyder himself, who knows. Indy is also in all reality a bad franchise that got very lucky to have the top pick to take Manning and Luck. And the season when Manning was hurt you saw how bad their roster really is. They have some decent young talent, so maybe they are turning the corner afterall.

But there shouldn't be.

edit: I was just reading Gil Brandt's(Cowboys) list of draft needs for each team (top 3). He has Tennessee at pass rush, QB and CB. Tennessee is 31st against the run but 15th against the pass. In other words, they have middle of the road pass defense with a terrible defensive line. And seeing the DL/LB-OLB prospects, I don't know how they pass and take a CB.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cleveland signed Josh McCown, who had the largest drop in QBR, 48 points, from 2013 to 2014. When the Browns or Raiders moves make sense, let me know. And it wasn't just to cover with Manzeil in rehab or for Hoyer, because they signed the 35 yr old for 3 years.

Maybe some of the rumors of the Browns moving up and letting go of their two first round picks to get Mariotta at number 2 are true and they want the veteran to coach him on taking snaps and calling plays.

But that makes sense, so it can't be that.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And in case you missed it, a judge ruled Adrian Peterson can return to the field. If the Vikings release him, it will cost the Vikings 11 mil. Or so I heard on the Herd.

Mocking You

And in case you missed it, a judge ruled Adrian Peterson can return to the field. If the Vikings release him, it will cost the Vikings 11 mil. Or so I heard on the Herd.

He's supposed to make $12.5M next year, not sure how much is guaranteed. Vikings could release him but some other team would undoubtedly pick up his contract, or negotiate a new one, releasing the Vikings from paying him.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well there you go. If the Browns want to get a hell of a lot better in a hurry, pick up Peterson. It isn't like they have cap space problem. It would make Hoyer look better than he is.

Mocking You

Well there you go. If the Browns want to get a hell of a lot better in a hurry, pick up Peterson. It isn't like they have cap space problem. It would make Hoyer look better than he is.

The Browns signed Josh McCown yesterday. I suspect Hoyer will not be on the Browns much longer.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nonono. Just all a part of their grand plan to field an all qb team, really radicalize the game.

Because it's like that in Cleveland.

And down the road in Columbus, the top 3 QBs are all better than their professional counterparts.

:mock: Cleveland

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wonder what the story is on Darnell Dockett being cut. I mean he was out with injury last year, but he's been a pretty good lineman/career veteran for the team. Was it as cold blooded and simple as the six plus he was set to make in this last year of his contract? Looks like it. They got Fitz to redo his deal. Maybe they're letting Dockett test the market and feel confident whatever they were offering is about as good as he's going to get at this point in his career. I wouldn't be surprised to see him snapped up by, oh, Denver. :)

It will be interesting to see if Miami lets Wallace go, with all the money they have tied up in him. Talented, but obviously unhappy with the Fins.

And it looks like Steven Jackson is done with Atlanta. At his age and coming off sub par years with the Birds he still could help a team (that Atlanta line wasn't exactly a hole making machine except for Ryan) and it will be interesting to see if he gets a one or two year deal with a team on the cusp. Same with Bush, whose backfield threat and still decent speed should make him an attractive short term prospect.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder what the story is on Darnell Dockett being cut.

If it isn't because he is going to jail, it is almost always for performance in the NFL. I say that because some coaches and GMs acted in the best interest to look good by laying the blame elsewhere.

The worst example is Dan Reeves. According to Elway, and I have no reason to doubt it, he privately said he needs help in the draft. They had to add offensive skill players. And Reeves went out and drafted Tommy Maddox. So, aside from rare things like that, players are cut because they are non-hackers.

Yes, I had to simplify it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Eagles have traded Pro Bowl running back LeSean McCoy to the Bills. Cap space. I am surprised this happened this quick. Maybe they saw something in the combine that really stuck out.

There was talk that McCoy was on the trading block, primarily because he will count $11.95 million against the cap next fall. Buffalo, however, was never one of his rumored destinations.

"Shady," as he's known, rushed for 1,319 yards and five scores on 312 carries in 2014. In the six years since he arrived in Philadelphia, he's been a first-team All-Pro twice and made the Pro Bowl three times. In 2013, his first year under Kelly, McCoy led the NFL with 1,607 rushing yards and also had nine scores.​

Krsto

I disagree.

IMO, when it comes to the NFL draft, running backs should leave college as soon as they can, and QB's should stay in college as long as they can.

Makes sense. A quarterback is the most likely to actually do something that might require a degree. Running backs seem to be dummer than a sack of rocks.

Krsto

Well nobody here thought the Seahawks would get very far and it all came down to one play. I think they can do it again. Coach Carrol and his back office have as good a chance to create a dynasty as anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.