Christian Homeschoolers Sell Daughter in Arranged Marriage

Lon

They don't *all* hate. They don't *all* snark. Not everyone is deserving of civility ... OR disdain.

I know. I didn't mean all the Christians at ToL, but I am frequently stunned at the amount of hate expressed by Christians here. I've even sent a few of my Christian friends here to "lurk" and they unanimously came back with the same shocked reactions.

You have tunnel vision, Jose. Nobody, not even here, is going to debate that TOL is a rough place. "Smack of Truth" and "Better is open rebuke" is in the title. That is a side-point to what she was trying to say.

You have a tendency to go out of your way to be snarky specifically to Christians OR anyone who disagrees with your POV.

I Notice A Tendency As Well. Pretty Obvious

Jose, Your residual self-image isn't the same as your projected image.

Jose Fly

:nono: You are dense....and egocentric. The 'into yourself' ego is a bit much. You 'display' one of the chaffing behaviors, even if you can't seem to realize what it is that offends.
Not that I expected you to be self-aware enough to appreciate what's driving you to obsess over my posts or anything....:rolleyes:

Means you slept around "Targeting Christians." Yes, sleazy.

It isn't an 'uncomfortable' dose. It is you, looking specifically for these kinds of girls.
You even allow your fears and insecurities to distort events you weren't even there to see. Even though you weren't at any of these parties, nor did you even know a single person at any of them, you already know what went on, who was preying on who, and who the "victims" were.

You really should try and work through this outside of ToL.

So, at least Christians are good for one thing, when you are targeting.
See what I mean? You really don't have any idea what went on, but your fears and insecurities over Christian kids being led astray by people like me causes you to fabricate a scenario that plays into this narrative.

It never even occurs to you that maybe the religious school kids were targeting us. How else do you think we even got invited (let alone got let in) to parties with students from schools we didn't go to? There was no internet, facebook, texting, or cell phones back then. Here's a thought....maybe some of those Christian schoolgirls were saying to each other "I heard the guys on the basketball team from X school like to party and some of them are pretty hot. Let's invite 'em to our 'my parents are out of town' party!"

Does that version of reality bother you? Does allowing for the possibility of the above strike a defensive nerve with you?

Nobody, not even here, is going to debate that TOL is a rough place.
Yet despite all the nastiness all over ToL, most of your anger is focused on me. Why? Because I represent one of the things you fear the most....a non-Christian who just might have enough of a game to convince someone you know to leave the faith.

That also explains why you so quickly jumped onto the "predator" narrative. You still think I'm a predator, just in a different sense, and it scares you to death.

Lon

Not that I expected you to be self-aware enough to appreciate what's driving you to obsess over my posts or anything....:rolleyes:
I'm the one who posted quotes from other posters concerning you.
Look who is and isn't self-aware, though good, you picked up on the residual self-image concept. Good, but you are just echoing it back to me. That is never a good sign that such information has been processed beyond the cursory. It just means you read my posts, but in one ear and out the other. That's par for an egocentric fellow. I've been very clear and upfront, and even provided other's quotes, that showed your propensity, that I don't like bullies, or "predators."
That also explains why you so quickly jumped onto the "predator" narrative. You still think I'm a predator, just in a different sense...
I said targeting Christian/exChristian women. You jumped to predator. I guess that makes sense, what you were hunting, profiling for, makes sense. Sexual predator isn't politcor these days.

You even allow your fears and insecurities to distort events you weren't even there to see.
Yeah? Where do you live? Let's see :think:

Even though you weren't at any of these parties, nor did you even know a single person at any of them, you already know what went on, who was preying on who, and who the "victims" were.
Don't be dull. You admitted all of this.

You really should try and work through this outside of ToL.
Asked and answered, where do you live?

See what I mean? You really don't have any idea what went on, but your fears and insecurities over Christian kids being led astray by people like me causes you to fabricate a scenario that plays into this narrative.
You are 'about' to dig that hole deeper:

It never even occurs to you that maybe the religious school kids were targeting us. How else do you think we even got invited
NOBODY on TOL has to read between the lines. You are clear and obvious. Who are you trying to fool? Not me.

(let alone got let in) to parties with students from schools we didn't go to? There was no internet, facebook, texting, or cell phones back then. Here's a thought....maybe some of those Christian schoolgirls were saying to each other "I heard the guys on the basketball team from X school like to party and some of them are pretty hot. Let's invite 'em to our 'my parents are out of town' party!"
I was trying to erase the last images you word-painted :vomit:

Does that version of reality bother you? Does allowing for the possibility of the above strike a defensive nerve with you?
Nope. It looks all of like you trying to back-peddle but simply admitting to more of the same.

Yet despite all the nastiness all over ToL, most of your anger is focused on me. Why? Because I represent one of the things you fear the most....a non-Christian who just might have enough of a game to convince someone you know to leave the faith.
That's what a wrong residual self-image could allow. Never mind that two other people in just this thread, and I can show you a few more from other threads, have said similar things to you about similar traits.

That also explains why you so quickly jumped onto the "predator" narrative. You still think I'm a predator, just in a different sense, and it scares you to death.
Where did you live again?

Last edited:

Jose Fly

I'm the one who posted quotes from other posters concerning you.
And what did they say about me that I haven't already said?

I said targeting Christian/exChristian women. You jumped to predator. I guess that makes sense, what you were hunting, profiling for, makes sense. Sexual predator isn't politcor these days.
Sheesh Lon, try and keep up, ok? You were the one who made the "predatory" remark first.

Yeah? Where do you live? Let's see :think:
Hmmmm.....there's this really bizarre person on the internet who seems obsessed with me, and not in a good way.....should I tell him where I live? Hmmmm...... :rotfl:

The rest of your post is just you dodging the questions.

Look, I understand where you're coming from. You said you've been a teacher at a private religious school. A lot of parents send their kids to those schools to protect them from the influences of "the world". Part of the deal is that you and the other teachers serve as "Watchmen on the Wall" and keep the secular world from getting to their kids and influencing them away from faith and/or family. So you seeing yourself in that Watchman role is part of your job and is expected by the parents.

The problem seems to be that you've taken on this role at ToL too. That's why when you see someone like me come into ToL....a secularist, non-Christian, scientist, liberal....it triggers your Watchman instinct and you start to do what you can to get me out. That's why from the very first time you interacted with me, you were telling me to get out and trying to get me banned. As the Watchman, you think it's your duty to protect vulnerable Christians from people like me.

That's also why my retelling of my high school party days triggered such an immediate emotional response from you. In your eyes, not only have I infiltrated ToL, but now I'm telling stories about scoring with Christian girls! I must be a predator, and it's your job to keep me out and those innocent Christians safe.

All I can tell you Lon is that this is an open internet forum, so if you can't deal with people like me being here, maybe you need to leave. But you won't, because that would make you a bad Watchman, wouldn't it?

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
I see Lon's up to his usual self-righteous shtick. Glad for the ignore list.:yawn:
Lon is a funny character - he pained himself a couple of PMs begging me to not worry myself over the problems of political Islam, apologizing for the members ganging up on me. He sure thinks himself to be mighty high over the common folk even here...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lon is a funny character - he pained himself a couple of PMs begging me to not worry myself over the problems of political Islam, apologizing for the members ganging up on me. He sure thinks himself to be mighty high over the common folk even here...

:rotfl:

Wow. Now that's classic, even for him.

Lon

All I can tell you Lon is that this is an open internet forum, so if you can't deal with people like me being here, maybe you need to leave. But you won't, because that would make you a bad Watchman, wouldn't it?
Sure it would. People will either ignore you or call you on your narcissistic abusive misogynist behavior.

Lon

You hate Christians too? And love those who don't like us and reject both of our faiths? I would rather have 10 of you on TOL than one of these guys, honestly. We don't agree on everything but there are some things in the Koran that are good, when they are consistent. I just find it inconsistent (like this post from you, it is both supported by and against the Koran at the same time).

Last edited:

Lon

:rotfl:

Wow. Now that's classic, even for him.
Still cowardly hiding behind your ignore function, no surprise. Ugly pagan egocentrism is self-centered and abusive. If you weren't the coward you are, we could talk about that in thread too. I saw a bit of ganging up on a kid. I just had a moment of empathy for him. This is his ugly response, and your's. Interesting that he'd join the hate mongering of the crowd, no? Especially when you both hate his faith too? The kid's not too bright.

Surprise? Nope. Haters gonna hate, cowards gonna hide.

...and get banned :wave2:

Jose Fly

It's hilarious how when it comes to me, Lon is all "Hey Jose, look at the bad things other people are saying about you in this thread". But when other people are saying bad things about Lon in this thread, he waves it away as Christian haters and pagan egocentrism.

And he's apparently completely clueless to his own hypocrisy....hardly suprising.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would be more interested in discussing the morality of arranged marriages.

Jose Fly

Me too. But Lon has this habit of following me around and turning the conversation into asking me why I'm here, trying to get me to leave, and personal attacks.

Hopefully that's done with.

PureX

I would be more interested in discussing the morality of arranged marriages.
We would discuss the morality of it by what standard? As with most things, arranged marriage has it's advantages and it's disadvantages, applicable to some of the people involved, but not others. So what is the goal of marriage, and how is that goal to be moralized? And by whom?

Jose Fly

It's interesting to think of it in terms of conservative Christianity's recent focus on "traditional marriage", because over the course of human history arranged marriages were the norm and "marriage for love" is a relatively recent phenomenon.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's interesting to think of it in terms of conservative Christianity's recent focus on "traditional marriage", because over the course of human history arranged marriages were the norm and "marriage for love" is a relatively recent phenomenon.

Personally, I cannot understand anyone marrying for anything OTHER than love. Even a love that is more about a deep friendship and companionship.

Settling for less has disaster written all over it, IMO.