Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ockham's razor is a principle of parsimony, economy, or succinctness used in problem-solving devised by William of Ockham. It states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

The Christian worldview is much simpler with fewer assumptions.

The Christian worldview begins with God created and there is story of earth from what happened in the beginning to what will happen in the future. It is a comprehensive story from beginning to end with God gloriously displayed for eternity for humble humanity to behold.

Alternate worldviews have begun with there was the explosion of the big bang and we don't know what happened before then. Then, the improbable happened again and again and persisted. Physics shows us increasing entropy and disorder. The universe shows us things like black holes and dark energy that we don't understand. We assume a constant speed of light and constant radioactive decay rates and assume that earth's air and oceans and life and natural systems just happened without a designer. Physical constants were set in a precise, finely-tuned manner to enable chemistry and life as we know it but we don't know why or how. Meanwhile, biology shows us decreasing entropy and higher and higher states of order while physics shows the opposite. We assume that science will solve the many remaining mysteries to fill in the gaps in our understanding.

Yes, I agree with the principle of Occam's razor. I'll go with the simpler, more comprehensive view that begins with: "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

Dear nodelink,

Thanks for the eloquent pertinent words!! We assume science will fill in the gaps, but it won't happen that way. Very shortly, when Jesus Returns, the gaps will be filled in by Him, not hardly science.

God's Best For You,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Alwight/Michael

Alwight/Michael

Well tbh I sometimes think that you were perhaps once an empty vessel that somebody poured a religion into and you never looked back. I also think that you uncritically accept and simply want to believe that the Christian God is running the show, so for you it became true.

Well, I had the spirit of life from God in my vessel, for everyone has that, even the antichrist and false prophet. You can't be alive without some of God's spirit in you. But everyone also has some Satan's spirit in them also, and he loves to confuse people and scare them. The combination of these spirits with your own soul make up each person's personality and countenance. I don't have religion poured into me. I have the Holy Ghost poured into me, plus God's spirit. The Holy Ghost only visited my body three times in my whole life. But I, like everyone else, still has God's spirit in their vessel or soul. It is not the same as having the Holy Spirit visit you whatsoever. That happening is a marvelous, awesome treat that I would pay millions of dollars for. That's how good it is, to give you an idea!! Not many have had this happen to them. They confuse having God's spirit in them with having the Holy Ghost come into them.

As far as for me, God runs the show, well, I'm not the only one who believes that God runs the show. I'm in the majority of all the people in the world. Alwight, you know I never mean any of my words to hurt you at all. I'm just explaining myself the best way I can.

There have been a great many false prophets in the past Michael so it really doesn't matter if I think you are a nice and genuine person, only that I am convinced that you have no better ideas than any of them.

The "fine tuned universe" is hogwash and apologetic spin Michael. There could be a higher power out there or not, who knows, but nothing points specifically to a Christian God or the truth of any ancient man-made scripture.

I know there have been many false prophets in the past. They were misled by Satan. How do you know I'm not? You digest what I have to say, maybe read my book so you know more than just what I can write in a post here, and you let a fair amount of time go by to see if I've been truthful or not.

What about old man-made science books?? They are okay? But old man-made scripture isn't possibly true? The Universe runs like a fine timepiece/clock. Isn't that unusual? And you're trying to tell me it happened by itself??[/quote]

If all the believers had the same concept of god rather than simply accepting whatever their local religious beliefs happen to be, then that appeal to popularity might mean something. In fact disbelief in the UK at least is now apparently rather greater than belief.
But clearly I accept that you won't be becoming a critical disbeliever any time soon Michael.
Thanks anyway Michael. ;)

Al, yes there are many Christian religions, with varying differences, but with the same God. Also, Judaism believes in the same God. Some Muslims worship the same God. Others are confused by Satan terribly. There are errors in everyone's religion. I am spiritual more than I am religious. I'm into facts, like the things that have happened to me. I won't trade them for nothing and I feel so blessed that they happened to me indeed. But I have suffered dearly for the experiences and would not wish my life upon even my worst enemy. It has been very difficult fighting Satan and brainwashed people. That is why I'm getting very close to quitting helping anyone else. I leave it all in God's Hands. You don't see me making a dent. He will. Wait a bit. Bam!

Michael

:singer:

:cloud9:

Last edited:

Hedshaker

Dear Hedshaker,

<snip>

Michael, This is getting extremely tiresome . You obviously seem to think that repeating the same nonsense over and over will some how make it true. It will not. There's this little saying that theists, mystics and self professed prophets hate:

-That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence-

So your predictions are formerly dismissed. They are not reality and there is no reason to suspect that any of it exists outside of your own head. Therefore I will not be discovering soon enough any truth in your predictions. I am confident that the future will be nothing like as you claim. There may well be some Earthly upheaval, somewhere. There always is, but there is no reason to take your predictions with anything other than a pinch of salt.

Why do I think you tell others these things? Because you think it's real. I do not doubt your sincerity in that regard. You're not the first and you won't be the last to spout this stuff. All the others have been wrong so there is no reason to think you are any different, none at all.

Michael, I am a sceptic. I do not believe in prophets, fortune tellers and tall tales. So please, tell someone else about it if you must because I don't buy a word it. I'm not so gullible. Some people will believe all sorts of crazy nonsense but I'm not one of them. I can't make it plainer than that.

I don't wish to be mean Michael but enough is enough.

Thank you.

nodelink

...We assume science will fill in the gaps, but it won't happen that way. Very shortly, when Jesus Returns, the gaps will be filled in by Him, not hardly science.

God's Best For You,

Michael

Some gaps in human understanding are likely to remain.

Science won't fill them because it can't. Science deals with the natural realm and things discernible by sight, sound, taste, smell and touch (and aided by logic and reason).

There are such things as intuitive understanding and spiritual understanding but science has tended to minimize such things in the past.

Human beings don't know all that we would like to know but the Bible tells us what we need to know.

God won't fill in all the gaps because He doesn't need to tell us everything. Secret things belong to God to know (Deuteronomy 29:29).

Human Beings know what we need to know but we don't use all that we do know.

Humble little humans couldn't handle it, I think, if we knew too much. Besides, "to whom more is given, more is required.". If we knew more and ignored or misused the information, it would increase our guilt in the sight of a Holy God.

Supernaturally, Almighty God may yet tell us more than what the Bible teaches.

I am mindful of this verse of words spoken by Jesus to his disciples:

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. - John 14:26

In addition to Deuteronomy 29:29 that says that secret things remain for Almighty God to know, there is also Job 28:28 that pertains to human wisdom and understanding:

"And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding."

Intuitively and as revealed by the grandeur and order of the cosmos, I do think humanity knows that there is a God out there but the human tendency has been suppress that realization because of its implications like sin, guilt and the need to humbly cry out for mercy and a Savior. Verses like Romans 1:18-21 begin to address this.

alwight

Well, I had the spirit of life from God in my vessel, for everyone has that, even the antichrist and false prophet. You can't be alive without some of God's spirit in you. But everyone also has some Satan's spirit in them also, and he loves to confuse people and scare them. The combination of these spirits with your own soul make up each person's personality and countenance. I don't have religion poured into me. I have the Holy Ghost poured into me, plus God's spirit. The Holy Ghost only visited my body three times in my whole life. But I, like everyone else, still has God's spirit in their vessel or soul. It is not the same as having the Holy Spirit visit you whatsoever. That happening is a marvelous, awesome treat that I would pay millions of dollars for. That's how good it is, to give you an idea!! Not many have had this happen to them. They confuse having God's spirit in them with having the Holy Ghost come into them.
When you first came here Michael you couldn't format your posts as you do now. I was one of those who helped to show you how to do it. You know that you were not misled because it worked and thus you have no reason to doubt what we told you based on our own personal experience, skills and knowledge.
You however make claims about something that you actually have no experience of mainly because it hasn't happened. You seem to sense something that for me could just as easily be explained as a religious euphoria as anything else.
Do I believe you have actually been visited by angels or just think you have? I'll let you figure that out, I don't want to upset you.

As far as for me, God runs the show, well, I'm not the only one who believes that God runs the show. I'm in the majority of all the people in the world. Alwight, you know I never mean any of my words to hurt you at all. I'm just explaining myself the best way I can.
What I see is a wide variety of religious beliefs, yes many are based on a monotheistic type god, but which nevertheless rather suggests to me that humans simply tend to want to believe in gods whether or not any gods do exist.

I know there have been many false prophets in the past. They were misled by Satan. How do you know I'm not? You digest what I have to say, maybe read my book so you know more than just what I can write in a post here, and you let a fair amount of time go by to see if I've been truthful or not.
Michael you simply don't have a "quote box" that I can learn to do myself, you only have your un-evidenced beliefs and assertions that don't really amount to a hill of beans imo.

What about old man-made science books?? They are okay? But old man-made scripture isn't possibly true? The Universe runs like a fine timepiece/clock. Isn't that unusual? And you're trying to tell me it happened by itself??
I don't say that there is no truth in any ancient scripture but what is missing is verifiable evidence and testability. I have no idea what is usual for a universe while "God" only offers more questions than answers.

Al, yes there are many Christian religions, with varying differences, but with the same God. Also, Judaism believes in the same God. Some Muslims worship the same God. Others are confused by Satan terribly. There are errors in everyone's religion. I am spiritual more than I am religious. I'm into facts, like the things that have happened to me. I won't trade them for nothing and I feel so blessed that they happened to me indeed. But I have suffered dearly for the experiences and would not wish my life upon even my worst enemy. It has been very difficult fighting Satan and brainwashed people. That is why I'm getting very close to quitting helping anyone else. I leave it all in God's Hands. You don't see me making a dent. He will. Wait a bit. Bam!

Michael

:singer:

I think you should just accept that no religion actually has got a handle on any real god. If a higher power does exist Michael then I don't think that your particular ancient scripture has any more to offer than any other.
:plain:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, This is getting extremely tiresome . You obviously seem to think that repeating the same nonsense over and over will some how make it true. It will not. There's this little saying that theists, mystics and self professed prophets hate:

-That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence-

So your predictions are formerly dismissed. They are not reality and there is no reason to suspect that any of it exists outside of your own head. Therefore I will not be discovering soon enough any truth in your predictions. I am confident that the future will be nothing like as you claim. There may well be some Earthly upheaval, somewhere. There always is, but there is no reason to take your predictions with anything other than a pinch of salt.

Why do I think you tell others these things? Because you think it's real. I do not doubt your sincerity in that regard. You're not the first and you won't be the last to spout this stuff. All the others have been wrong so there is no reason to think you are any different, none at all.

Michael, I am a sceptic. I do not believe in prophets, fortune tellers and tall tales. So please, tell someone else about it if you must because I don't buy a word it. I'm not so gullible. Some people will believe all sorts of crazy nonsense but I'm not one of them. I can't make it plainer than that.

I don't wish to be mean Michael but enough is enough.

Thank you.

Dear Hedshaker,

It's time for me to just leave it in God's Hands and let Him prove things to you. When you hear of a extremely great earthquake, greater than any other, quite possibly in Phoenix, AZ, know that your proof has begun. More and more proof will follow. Then Jesus shall arrive. Seventy pound hailstones will follow all of the disasters and fires, and floods, etc. You've been told. It won't be that long, I dare say.

Remember me during those times. If you'd like to write to me about your everyday experiences and your music, it would be nice. My nephew bought me some expensive new strings for my 12-string guitar for my birthday. He's going to put them on for me. I'd rather put them on myself because I am used to it and he's never owned a 12-string guitar before, but I will help him. Plus he got me something else for my birthday and says I will love it, but won't tell me what it is.

Hey, don't forget I care about you and what you believe in. I would not have persisted this long if I didn't.

Best Wishes,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When you first came here Michael you couldn't format your posts as you do now. I was one of those who helped to show you how to do it. You know that you were not misled because it worked and thus you have no reason to doubt what we told you based on our own personal experience, skills and knowledge.
You however make claims about something that you actually have no experience of mainly because it hasn't happened. You seem to sense something that for me could just as easily be explained as a religious euphoria as anything else.
Do I believe you have actually been visited by angels or just think you have? I'll let you figure that out, I don't want to upset you.

What I see is a wide variety of religious beliefs, yes many are based on a monotheistic type god, but which nevertheless rather suggests to me that humans simply tend to want to believe in gods whether or not any gods do exist.

Michael you simply don't have a "quote box" that I can learn to do myself, you only have your un-evidenced beliefs and assertions that don't really amount to a hill of beans imo.

I don't say that there is no truth in any ancient scripture but what is missing is verifiable evidence and testability. I have no idea what is usual for a universe while "God" only offers more questions than answers.

I think you should just accept that no religion actually has got a handle on any real god. If a higher power does exist Michael then I don't think that your particular ancient scripture has any more to offer than any other.
:plain:

Dear Alwight,

I do thank you for teaching me how to use quote boxes. It's been wonderful and I won't forget you did it. Like I told Hedshaker, I'm not going to try to convince you any longer. I've done my part. The rest is up to you and God. I don't want to beat a dead horse any longer and I trust that soon you will get your proof. Please see the reply I gave to Hedshaker for further information {Post #7467}. No use in me typing it twice. Hey, I tried. I know it will happen regardless of what anybody says. I am positive of that. I only desire to explain to you how Great and Loving, and Forgiving and Helpful God is to those who need it.

God Be With You In The Days To Come And Help You, For My Sake, And Yours!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some gaps in human understanding are likely to remain.

Science won't fill them because it can't. Science deals with the natural realm and things discernible by sight, sound, taste, smell and touch (and aided by logic and reason).

There are such things as intuitive understanding and spiritual understanding but science has tended to minimize such things in the past.

Human beings don't know all that we would like to know but the Bible tells us what we need to know.

God won't fill in all the gaps because He doesn't need to tell us everything. Secret things belong to God to know (Deuteronomy 29:29).

Human Beings know what we need to know but we don't use all that we do know.

Humble little humans couldn't handle it, I think, if we knew too much. Besides, "to whom more is given, more is required.". If we knew more and ignored or misused the information, it would increase our guilt in the sight of a Holy God.

Supernaturally, Almighty God may yet tell us more than what the Bible teaches.

I am mindful of this verse of words spoken by Jesus to his disciples:

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. - John 14:26

In addition to Deuteronomy 29:29 that says that secret things remain for Almighty God to know, there is also Job 28:28 that pertains to human wisdom and understanding:

"And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding."

Intuitively and as revealed by the grandeur and order of the cosmos, I do think humanity knows that there is a God out there but the human tendency has been suppress that realization because of its implications like sin, guilt and the need to humbly cry out for mercy and a Savior. Verses like Romans 1:18-21 begin to address this.

Dear nodelink,

Thanks once again for your post! It helps a lot!! Yes, the Lord says, "And when the seventh angel shall begin to sound, the mystery of God shall be finished, as He hath declared to His servants, the prophets." (See Rev. 10:7). We can trust in this because it is what God gave John to write down for generations to read and know. We will learn many things and finally understand, having answers to all of the questions that befuddle us now. I can't wait. But in the mean time, if you want some answers to certain questions, my book is on sale now for $14.95 at Barnes & Noble. But I can get it to you for FREE. You can read it online if you find my directions that follow. My book is also free to read at the downtown Burton Barr Phoenix Library. So, go to www.jesusreturningverysoon.com, then left-click on 'Book Copy.' Then left-click on 'SKU-text2.pdf.' My book will come up for you to read. The first two pages are blank (they are for autographing the book and for writing notes). You can flip through the pages using your up and down cursor arrow keys. I received the knowledge free, so I try to give it to others free. You can read it on your computer screen or download it to your printer and print a copy on paper. Good luck!!

To Every Thing, There Is A Season.

Michael

Hedshaker

Dear Hedshaker,

It's time for me to just leave it in God's Hands and let Him prove things to you. When you hear of a extremely great earthquake, greater than any other, quite possibly in Phoenix, AZ, know that your proof has begun. More and more proof will follow. Then Jesus shall arrive. Seventy pound hailstones will follow all of the disasters and fires, and floods, etc. You've been told. It won't be that long, I dare say.

Here's the thing Michael, you don't have a God. What you have is a belief, granted, which you have somehow turned into fact in your mind, though you are undoubtedly not alone on that. It's common among fundamentalists. The existence of your God has never been established as factual for everyone. You can believe it if you want but it remains just a belief. And the amount of people that believe it has no bearing on whether or not it's true. People once believed the Sun orbited the Earth but the evidence eventually proved them all wrong. An ounce of evidence is worth infinitely more than a universe of blank claims.

There is nothing out-of-the-ordinary about earthquakes Michael, whether they're possibly/maybe in Phoenix or somewhere else beginning with P. Nor are hailstorms particularly unusual, so whether or not those things happen at some future time they are not "proof" of anything other than variations in the elements. You have been saying these things for some 19 months now. A few months to 2 years you said when you first joined this board, so to my reckoning you have until June 2015. Now let me tell you what is going to happen next. June will come and go, as will July, August, September and so on. But will you then admit to being wrong? Of course not. You will do exactly what all the others have been, and are, doing for centuries, simply change your time line. No matter how long we wait it will always be soon. The fact that you can't see that is very telling. Anyone could say soon about anything. It's meaningless. It's not falsifiable. You may not be the sharpest knife in the draw, but think about it.

Remember me during those times. If you'd like to write to me about your everyday experiences and your music, it would be nice. My nephew bought me some expensive new strings for my 12-string guitar for my birthday. He's going to put them on for me. I'd rather put them on myself because I am used to it and he's never owned a 12-string guitar before, but I will help him. Plus he got me something else for my birthday and says I will love it, but won't tell me what it is.

I'll remember you for being wrong because I think it unhealthy to harbour false beliefs, though, as I say, you will never admit being wrong, you will just adjust your time line. "Soon" will always be soon for you I'm afraid.

--You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts--

If you follow the link below you can listen to some of my tunes now. I only just finished a new track last night. I have a Fender Stratocaster which I've owned since the mid 80's and an Echo Ranger acoustic guitar which I've owned since 1975. I really don't know or care what they're worth I'll keep them regardless. If my daughters want to sell them when I'm gone that's ok but I couldn't bear to part with them while I'm still here. But tbh, I'm somewhat out of practice. I tend not to play much since I've been doing studio work and producing electronic music .

Click here

Hey, don't forget I care about you and what you believe in. I would not have persisted this long if I didn't.

Best Wishes,

Michael

If you cared Michael you would accept my scepticism, as I accept that you believe what you believe, and quit trying to convince me. I do not buy it. Accept that and move on. I teach my kids and my grand kids to never buy into wild claims from others without evidence. I live by that premise and I ain't gonna change any time soon...... pun intended!

Here's why the "you'll find out soon enough" expression is seen as a threat. When you are none religious you get used to believers telling you about your sin of none belief and how you are going to burn in hell because of it. So when you present scepticism at such notions you often are told.... wait for it: ah, you'll find out soon enough. When you're suffering and burning for all time you'll be sorry! And so on....

Of course we do not believe a word of it but you do. Therefore it really is nasty. So you see Michael, "you'll find out soon enough" is no more than a thinly disguised threat.

All the best.

Last edited:

nodelink

Michael,

The fulfillment of unfulfilled Bible prophecy may require a thousand years or more..

Passages like those at the end of the Book of Zechariah (Zechariah 14:16-21) seem to speak of and extended time when Jesus the Messiah will rule and reign on earth from Jerusalem.

Near the end of the Book of Isaiah is this verse that also sounds like Christ ruling from an earthly Jerusalem for at least several months.

And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. - Isaiah 66:23

Near the end of the Bible, the Book of Revelation has this passage that speaks of a one thousand year reign:

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:6

Some things can be taken literally in the Bible but others work more as a type or representation of something that is real. I haven't worked out a position on whether the thousand years are literal or representative / typological but I believe that they mean something.

When we study our Bibles, we can find reference to two resurrections, two births and two deaths. It is best to be part of the first resurrection (and avoid the second resurrection). The second birth (new birth) is wonderful but a second death that the Bible describes would be miserable.

We don't know everything. We don't need to know everything but it is good to have relationship and respond to the One who does know everything.

We do well to be humble and faithful in the here and now and to use the limited knowledge and understanding that we do possess.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here's the thing Michael, you don't have a God. What you have is a belief, granted, which you have somehow turned into fact in your mind, though you are undoubtedly not alone on that. It's common among fundamentalists. The existence of your God has never been established as factual for everyone. You can believe it if you want but it remains just a belief. And the amount of people that believe it has no bearing on whether or not it's true. People once believed the Sun orbited the Earth but the evidence eventually proved them all wrong. An ounce of evidence is worth infinitely more than a universe of blank claims.

Dear Hedshaker,

I DO have a God. I told you that He visited me. I could tell you more, but it is personal. So, it's not just a belief. God has not been established as factual for everyone, but for many, who have had near-death experiences, they all say the same thing. Sure, people used to believe the Sun orbited the Earth, but that does not mean everything else is not factual. Do you see what I mean here? Also, I said previously that you will get your evidence and proof shortly.

There is nothing out-of-the-ordinary about earthquakes Michael, whether they're possibly/maybe in Phoenix or somewhere else beginning with P. Nor are hailstorms particularly unusual, so whether or not those things happen at some future time they are not "proof" of anything other than variations in the elements. You have been saying these things for some 19 months now. A few months to 2 years you said when you first joined this board, so to my reckoning you have until June 2015. Now let me tell you what is going to happen next. June will come and go, as will July, August, September and so on. But will you then admit to being wrong? Of course not. You will do exactly what all the others have been, and are, doing for centuries, simply change your time line. No matter how long we wait it will always be soon. The fact that you can't see that is very telling. Anyone could say soon about anything. It's meaningless. It's not falsifiable. You may not be the sharpest knife in the draw, but think about it.

Hedshaker, I did say that this earthquake that will happen will be the GREATEST earthquake since man has been on Earth. That's the difference. Also, I said the hail would be 70-75 lbs. for each hailstone. That is extremely rare or a first, for all we know. But it hasn't happened at least for 5,000 years or it would have been recorded somewhere as happening.

As I have said, from what I do know, the calamity will happen in 2015. Excuse my necessity, but it may not be until the end of 2015. That is what I stick with. And the Lord will return. From one new moon until the next shall it happen, and from one Sabbath to another. And when He returns, EVERYONE shall get on their knees and bow to Him. And I did not say I was the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I'll remember you for being wrong because I think it unhealthy to harbour false beliefs, though, as I say, you will never admit being wrong, you will just adjust your time line. "Soon" will always be soon for you I'm afraid.

--You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts--

It is okay to harbor true beliefs and I will never admit I'm wrong, but you will, because after it happens, you will admit you're wrong. So that's the difference between us. And I am entitled to my own FACTS!!

If you follow the link below you can listen to some of my tunes now. I only just finished a new track last night. I have a Fender Stratocaster which I've owned since the mid 80's and an Echo Ranger acoustic guitar which I've owned since 1975. I really don't know or care what they're worth I'll keep them regardless. If my daughters want to sell them when I'm gone that's ok but I couldn't bear to part with them while I'm still here. But tbh, I'm somewhat out of practice. I tend not to play much since I've been doing studio work and producing electronic music .

Click here

Yes, I would love to hear your music. I will try to go to this URL, but I have done it before and had trouble going to sites, unless they start with www. So I'll find it somehow hopefully. I will copy and paste it into my browser, but I will add www. first. Sounds like you have some excellent guitars. I'm very proud of you. Awesome.

I am the opposite of you though. I can't barely remember how to play on my keyboard. But if I apply myself some, I should be able to pick it back up soon. Also, I have not played my guitar since the last jam session we had at my home here, when my nephew came over. That was in early October. I should play more, but I am always busy with things and a lot of my spare time I spend on the computer instead of on the guitar. I'll have to try to spend more time on the guitar soon. We're supposed to have a tentative date to get together at my nephew's house tomorrow afternoon/evening. This will happen as long as his health is good. See what happens. I am looking forward to it. We've been trying to arrange it on a weekend, but every weekend we had different schedules or were sick with a cold or flu, and also he has some health problems too.

If you cared Michael you would accept my scepticism, as I accept that you believe what you believe, and quit trying to convince me. I do not buy it. Accept that and move on. I teach my kids and my grand kids to never buy into wild claims from others without evidence. I live by that premise and I ain't gonna change any time soon...... pun intended!

I do care Hedshaker and I thought that, with my last post to you, things were all done with. I wasn't going to tell you any more about it and the same for Alwight. That's why I said I will leave it in God's Hands.

Here's why the "you'll find out soon enough" expression is seen as a threat. When you are none religious you get used to believers telling you about your sin of none belief and how you are going to burn in hell because of it. So when you present scepticism at such notions you often are told.... wait for it: ah, you'll find out soon enough. When you're suffering and burning for all time you'll be sorry! And so on....

Of course we do not believe a word of it but you do. Therefore it really is nasty. So you see Michael, "you'll find out soon enough" is no more than a thinly disguised threat.

All the best.

Hedshaker, I'm sorry if you take it as a threat because I say "you'll find out soon enough." Should I say instead, "you'll discover it soon?" Is that better? What do you want me to say. You're just accepting it as a threat because of the way you feel about it. Now the fire burning is not a threat. It is a fact and a reality, and a promise. Jesus said this actually. It's also found throughout the Bible and some other books also. It is written that a soul in hell shall speak to Lazarus to please put a few drops of water on his tongue, but Jesus said that won't happen. No water. I can believe Jesus because His Life is written of in tons of books. If you can read in a book that there is a Universe and an Earth, and moon, and that some man said that and it was recorded in a book, tell me what's the difference? You read words that a man said in a book. I do the same thing with a book. There is no skepticism intended.

God Be With Your Thoughts And Heart,

Michael

:wave:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael,

The fulfillment of unfulfilled Bible prophecy may require a thousand years or more..

Passages like those at the end of the Book of Zechariah (Zechariah 14:16-21) seem to speak of and extended time when Jesus the Messiah will rule and reign on earth from Jerusalem.

Near the end of the Book of Isaiah is this verse that also sounds like Christ ruling from an earthly Jerusalem for at least several months.

Dear nodelink,

Of course, that's true. But Armageddon and Jesus' Second Coming will not take 1,000 years from now to be accomplished. But I do understand that Jesus, and those chosen, will rule the Earth with a rod of iron. Whether this be from actually being on Earth or from Heaven, I don't know. I tend to think He will reign in Heaven, for He shall raise His elect from off of the ground to go with Him to be in Heaven. But you never know. We can't know everything.

And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. - Isaiah 66:23

Near the end of the Bible, the Book of Revelation has this passage that speaks of a one thousand year reign:

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:6

Some things can be taken literally in the Bible but others work more as a type or representation of something that is real. I haven't worked out a position on whether the thousand years are literal or representative / typological but I believe that they mean something.

I do believe it will be a literal 1,000 years, and the rest of the dead shall given another chance at life to learn that which they did not before. It's not a typographical error. I've been a typesetter and editor, and writer (technical manuals and my book) for a long time.

When we study our Bibles, we can find reference to two resurrections, two births and two deaths. It is best to be part of the first resurrection (and avoid the second resurrection). The second birth (new birth) is wonderful but a second death that the Bible describes would be miserable.

We don't know everything. We don't need to know everything but it is good to have relationship and respond to the One who does know everything.

We do well to be humble and faithful in the here and now and to use the limited knowledge and understanding that we do possess.

Yes, nodelink, Jesus said that the second death is worse than the first, as it is written, and that we are blessed to instead be part of the first resurrection. Yes, remain humble, for puffing up and exalting oneself is undesirable and not desired.

Thanks again for all of your input and pertinent knowledge!! I am asking you to be Friends on my Wall. You sound like a good friend.

With God's Blessings, Go Far Indeed!!

Michael

:wave:

Hedshaker

It is okay to harbor true beliefs and I will never admit I'm wrong, but you will, because after it happens, you will admit you're wrong. So that's the difference between us. And I am entitled to my own FACTS!!

This is the problem Michael. No one is entitled to their own personal FACTS, don't be ridiculous! Even when you are shown to be wrong you will never admit it. Like a spoiled child you will stamp your foot and say, I'm not wrong I'm not wrong, I was just, mistaken about the time line, but it will still happen, soon. Any one could say that about anything. It means nothing, as you'll find out when you fall into that bath of custard, which will be soon by the way..

But now we have to wait until the end of this year to see if you get your weather predictions right, even though it has been pointed out that there is nothing magical about extreme inclement weather and other natural occurrences. If we wait long enough you could well be right...... any one could, about anything because even if it doesn't happen at all it will still be soon. Soon means nothing. Why you can't see this is beyond me.

Therefore there is nothing more to discussed. You will just have to stick with your fantasy. The real world suits me just fine. Even talking about it adds unmerited credence to it.

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is the problem Michael. No one is entitled to their own personal FACTS, don't be ridiculous! Even when you are shown to be wrong you will never admit it. Like a spoiled child you will stamp your foot and say, I'm not wrong I'm not wrong, I was just, mistaken about the time line, but it will still happen, soon. Any one could say that about anything. It means nothing, as you'll find out when you fall into that bath of custard, which will be soon by the way..

I will not be shown to be wrong. It WILL HAPPEN!! Give it a chance to happen. Oh, are you gonna be amazed! You don't know what is really going on!

But now we have to wait until the end of this year to see if you get your weather predictions right, even though it has been pointed out that there is nothing magical about extreme inclement weather and other natural occurrences. If we wait long enough you could well be right...... any one could, about anything because even if it doesn't happen at all it will still be soon. Soon means nothing. Why you can't see this is beyond me.

Therefore there is nothing more to discussed. You will just have to stick with your fantasy. The real world suits me just fine. Even talking about it adds unmerited credence to it.

I'm not predicting the weather, dude! I'm just saying that things that you never had any idea of, will happen. Aren't you gonna have egg on your face. Hey, I do care about you, but I can't dilute what's going to happen. You will be amazed beyond belief, that's all I can say. It will kick your a**. See what happens!!

Hedshaker

I will not be shown to be wrong. It WILL HAPPEN!! Give it a chance to happen. Oh, are you gonna be amazed! You don't know what is really going on!

I'm not predicting the weather, dude! I'm just saying that things that you never had any idea of, will happen. Aren't you gonna have egg on your face. Hey, I do care about you, but I can't dilute what's going to happen. You will be amazed beyond belief, that's all I can say. It will kick your a**. See what happens!!

I could say exactly the same to you but then I would be doing what you do. I could easily say, oh won't you have egg on your face when it doesn't happen. But you give yourself the advantage of not saying when. So each day, month, year your sky friend doesn't return through the clouds, and he won't, because it's ridiculous, you'll just say..... Oh but he will, soon, and then you'll have egg on your face. This is exactly what so called seers have been doing for centuries. Their predictions have always been 100% wrong but their time lines can change. It's always, always a future event. And your predictions are exactly the same so there is no reason to see them as any different.

Of course, if you could put a time limit on it we might have something to work with. But there lies your second get-out-of-gaol-free card. Only God knows When.

And there you have it all sown up. You don't know when, but soon, and you extend the time line when ever you want because only God knows when. You must think we all came down the Thames on a wee wee pot.

It would be foolproof if it wasn't so bat poo crazy. :cloud9:

nodelink

Deep in the landfills are many copies of books like Harold Camping's "1994" or the one with a title like "88 Reasons why Jesus must return in 1988". They were buried deep in the landfills or were incinerated long ago as they deserved to be.

Matthew 24:14 tells us that "..this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

The alliterated Greek word for nations here is "ethnisi" as in ethnic groups. The Joshua Project lists thousands of ethnic groups as "unreached peoples" with no churches or even any Christians among them. Many ethnic groups and language groups on earth are not religiously diverse. Christianity has certainly not reached them.

Christians believe in the eventual triumph of the kingdom of Jesus Christ on earth but this triumph may yet take time. All ethnic nations have certainly not been reached.

Christianity has been advancing for many centuries but not without a pattern of tribulations and persecutions. We shouldn't expect the pattern to change.

Marvelous prophecies remain to be fulfilled.

And he shall judge among many people,
And rebuke strong nations afar off;
And they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
And their spears into pruninghooks:
Nation shall not lift up a sword against nation,
Neither shall they learn war any more. - Micah 4:3

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. -Isaiah 65:25

For approximately 2700 years, people have been waiting for these prophecies to be fulfilled. Isaiah and Micah were contemporaries, alive at the same time. I don't expect to see these prophecies to happen necessarily while I'm still around.

Jesus is still gathering new disciples with a message that includes: "Come, follow Me."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Live as though He was coming back tomorrow, and everything else will take care of itself.

The people who won't believe that no man knows when this will happen only degrade the faith of those who listen to them. And yes, "it's coming soon" is just a dodge.

nodelink

If Jesus did return sooner rather than later, then I would rather humbly lament and mourn for those who were unprepared than to say proudly: "I told you so."

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. - Isaiah 11:9

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I could say exactly the same to you but then I would be doing what you do. I could easily say, oh won't you have egg on your face when it doesn't happen. But you give yourself the advantage of not saying when. So each day, month, year your sky friend doesn't return through the clouds, and he won't, because it's ridiculous, you'll just say..... Oh but he will, soon, and then you'll have egg on your face. This is exactly what so called seers have been doing for centuries. Their predictions have always been 100% wrong but their time lines can change. It's always, always a future event. And your predictions are exactly the same so there is no reason to see them as any different.

Of course, if you could put a time limit on it we might have something to work with. But there lies your second get-out-of-gaol-free card. Only God knows When.

And there you have it all sown up. You don't know when, but soon, and you extend the time line when ever you want because only God knows when. You must think we all came down the Thames on a wee wee pot.

It would be foolproof if it wasn't so bat poo crazy. :cloud9:

Dear Hedshaker,

You want a time? Hedshaker, it will be this year before November 2015. I don't know which day or hour it will be, but I know which year. You asked for a time; I'm giving it to you the best I can. Now are you going to repent before April, so you will be prepared for it? Make peace with God and Jesus while you can.

Cheerio,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.