ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Act 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Act 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
Act 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Act 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Act 8:25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.
Act 8:26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.
Act 8:27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
Act 8:28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
Act 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
Act 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
Act 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
Act 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
Act 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Act 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

LA

thanks for the copy/paste. yet, that was all WRITTEN AFTER Paul. some perhaps concurrently. but AFTER speaking to, or hearing from PAUL - :patrol:

Right Divider

Body part
<cut>
Only the brave are willing to admit where they are mistaken. By their doing so, the brave will then be able to stand on the rock, which is Christ. Hallelujah.
If you can't understand the difference between "spoken....since the world began" and "kept secret since the world began", then there's no hope for discussing anything with you.

You're not the only one here with that problem.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
thanks for the copy/paste. yet, that was all WRITTEN AFTER Paul. some perhaps concurrently. but AFTER speaking to, or hearing from PAUL - :patrol:

Written "after Paul" what?

Acts 8:25 was written before Paul even converted. So was Acts 8:35.

The former refers to the Gospel being preached and the latter verse names who was being preached . . Jesus Christ.

Acts 8:36 reveals the result: The eunuch believed the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ with all his heart, and confessed Jesus Christ to be the Son of God.

Such IS the one True Gospel of Jesus Christ that was actively being preached prior to Paul being saved.

(Paul came along and was actively killing Christians like this eunuch, for their faith, "concurrently" . . .)

This is a blind denial of the Holy Scriptures on your part.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Act 8:25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

that says they preached the Word of the Lord. God. Not The Gospel Of Christ Given/Dispensed to Paul. Acts 8:25 was just after Stephen was stoned and Saul was not yet saved by Grace. you seem to be hunting and searching for ANY Scripture that may possibly come close to trumping Paul's Gospel FROM JESUS CHRIST - GOD. and none exists. - :patrol:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Written "after Paul" what?

Acts 8:25 was written before Paul even converted. So was Acts 8:35.

The former refers to the Gospel being preached and the latter verse names who was being preached . . Jesus Christ.

Acts 8:36 reveals the result: The eunuch believed the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ with all his heart, and confessed Jesus Christ to be the Son of God.

Such IS the one True Gospel of Jesus Christ that was actively being preached prior to Paul being saved.

(Paul came along and was actively killing Christians like this eunuch, for their faith, "concurrently" . . .)

This is a blind denial of the Holy Scriptures on your part.

nice try. i'm sure you've pulled that scripture before. The Gospel of Christ was a different message BEFORE PAUL'S DISPENSATION. see ? read it from the Beginning. maybe you get sleepy after the first 8 chapters - :patrol:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
that says they preached the Word of the Lord. God. Not The Gospel Of Christ Given/Dispensed to Paul. Acts 8:25 was just after Stephen was stoned and Saul was not yet saved by Grace. you seem to be hunting and searching for ANY Scripture that may possibly come close to trumping Paul's Gospel FROM JESUS CHRIST - GOD. and none exists. - :patrol:

"The Word of the Lord" and the "Gospel" are the same thing; both of which have always concerned Jesus Christ. Luke 24:44

I believe Paul preached this same Gospel of Jesus Christ . . later, after the events described in Acts 8. There is no difference between what Peter first taught, and what Paul later taught. There is only One Gospel of Jesus Christ, and ALL the Apostles taught the same Truth of salvation by Godly Grace, alone.

MADists are forever claiming those of us who believe there is only One Gospel Truth in Scripture, must deny the One Gospel Truth as recorded in I Corinthians 15:1-4 . . which is just a juvenile straw-man argument.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
nice try. i'm sure you've pulled that scripture before. The Gospel of Christ was a different message BEFORE PAUL'S DISPENSATION. see ? read it from the Beginning. maybe you get sleepy after the first 8 chapters - :patrol:

You are just plain wrong, and don't have enough sense to admit it.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
After nearly 900 responses I don't think we will find a resolution to this question.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
After nearly 900 responses I don't think we will find a resolution to this question.

yeah, but i'm just gettin' started. perhaps, i must go through the same process as many before me, to see if maybe, we can help them see. i don't get anything out of this, except the sad state of affairs of some stubborn Christians - how have you been BR ? - :patrol:

Levolor

If you can't understand the difference between "spoken....since the world began" and "kept secret since the world began", then there's no hope for discussing anything with you.

You're not the only one here with that problem.

When was spoken brought up? Doesn't matter anyhow... the scriptures were spoken by the prophet and a scribe wrote them down. And, before that happened, the words of scripture were passed down orally and spoken over and over to each new generation.

Surely the Lord God does nothing,
Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.
Amos 3:7

^ Spoken, over and over again.

It is difficult discussing with you. It's just like your thread called "Enduring to the End", and it didn't because you closed it due to not being able to contest/reconcile.

God bless you, anyway.

Salvation isn't based on all this anyway. What matters is how well we have loved one another. While I may wish that you had the courtesy to discuss what another has said, I have to accept that, that is not the case.

Later. :)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, those of the new covenant all preached the same gospel.

There is only one gospel of Jesus Christ.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No .It was the same message as evidenced by Paul in Acts 19 being the same as Acts 2.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"The Word of the Lord" and the "Gospel" are the same thing; both of which have always concerned Jesus Christ. Luke 24:44

I believe Paul preached this same Gospel of Jesus Christ . . later, after the events described in Acts 8. There is no difference between what Peter first taught, and what Paul later taught. There is only One Gospel of Jesus Christ, and ALL the Apostles taught the same Truth of salvation by Godly Grace, alone.

MADists are forever claiming those of us who believe there is only One Gospel Truth in Scripture, must deny the One Gospel Truth as recorded in I Corinthians 15:1-4 . . which is just a juvenile straw-man argument.

You see it right. They are overtaken by a fault.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Show where the 12 preached 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the good news in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John when they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom!

heir

TOL Subscriber

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

It's the same testimony Peter gave in Matthew 16

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

The WHO of Jesus Christ is not the gospel by which man is saved today.

Status
Not open for further replies.