ECT Desire spiritual gifts.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1Co 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
(every man in the Body of Christ)

1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

Looks like not many members of the Body here.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
1Co 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

LA

Gaze into the nearest mirror, and you won't find one there either!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Gaze into the nearest mirror, and you won't find one there either!

i have attended a small Pentecostal Church several times and witnessed a Body of believers follow Acts and Corinthians 1-2 and all of NT and Old. tongues and interpreters, who am i to say it's not real, just because i don't understand it. i remain intuitivley skeptical, nonetheless :carryon:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
i have attended a small Pentecostal Church several times and witnessed a Body of believers follow Acts and Corinthians 1-2 and all of NT and Old. tongues and interpreters, who am i to say it's not real, just because i don't understand it. i remain intuitivley skeptical, nonetheless :carryon:

I am well aware of the tryhards and pretenders, but that does not mean Jesus lied, or that Paul lied, as you know.

That develops people into --

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

That which is gifted to a few brethren can end up among many brethren.

God is willing, for if a fellowship develops it may spread all over the place through its members.

It can take hold like wildfire, and men try as they may, can not put it out.

LA

Livelystone

Better safe than sorry.

After all, the "tongues" you hear in a church may or may not be from God? However, if all you are witnessing in the way of "gifts of the Spirit" within a Body of Christ never amounts to more than persons speaking in tongues or someone's interpretation of it, (or only gifts that can be "reproduced" by something or someone other than God) I would remain wary.

After all, "tongues" is a way for persons who do not know what to pray for can pray a prayer that is in accordance to the will of God because it is not them praying but instead is the Holy Spirt within them praying and making sounds that are audible to the human ear

When people learn the "mysteries of Godliness," and what His plans are for those who love Him, they will cease from praying in tongues. Then they will begin to pray according to the Will of God in their own native tongue because they have leaned the necessary knowledge and now know what to pray for!

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered

The reason why the above intersessions cannot be "uttered" (spoken) is because they reflect knowledge and a will of God still not understood by the person who is praying

revpete

Thing is I have witnessed so much abuse of spiritual gifts over the years that I am always skeptical when I see them in action now. However, I have also seen the genuine in action and used under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit they are a great boon to the church and a great source of edification.

Pete 👤

john w

Hall of Fame
That develops people into --

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

LA

Since, according to you, all of scripture is written specifically to you/everyone, is about you/everyone, is for your/everyone's obedience, and applies in each dispensation, to you/everyone, here you go:

Matthew 16:20 KJV
Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Luke 18:22 KJV
Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Mark 1:44 KJV
And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Do it.

Watch the wolf-ette's spamming from the bible a few verses, in "response," that craftily punts, dismisses my counter argument. It's called misdirection...deceit...con game....spinning a top...dodge ball...do the hokey pokey, and turn all about...

Watch. Guaranteed.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have served two Pentecostal churches faithfully for several months. And I can say confidently that they were fake and they are the worst kind of Christian churches as far as the witnesses are concerned.

DAN P

LA

Hi and just read verse 7 , as the manifestation of the Spirit IS GIVEN TO EVERY MAN , and this proves you WRONG !!

You fell into a hole on this one , don't you see !!:bang::bang:

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since, according to you, all of scripture is written specifically to you/everyone, is about you/everyone, is for your/everyone's obedience, and applies in each dispensation, to you/everyone, here you go:

Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Do it.

Watch the wolf-ette's spamming from the bible a few verses, in "response," that craftily punts, dismisses my counter argument. It's called misdirection...deceit...con game....spinning a top...dodge ball...do the hokey pokey, and turn all about...

Watch. Guaranteed.

If you hear the Lord speaking to you then you would know.

However all you hear is blasphemies from the pit of hell and that is what you speak.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and just read verse 7 , as the manifestation of the Spirit IS GIVEN TO EVERY MAN , and this proves you WRONG !!

You fell into a hole on this one , don't you see !!:bang::bang:

dan p

Every man in the Body of Christ.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have served two Pentecostal churches faithfully for several months. And I can say confidently that they were fake and they are the worst kind of Christian churches as far as the witnesses are concerned.

You're saying that you are a witness?

DAN P

Thing is I have witnessed so much abuse of spiritual gifts over the years that I am always skeptical when I see them in action now. However, I have also seen the genuine in action and used under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit they are a great boon to the church and a great source of edification.

Pete 👤

Hi , and you are right on , that the FRAUD is perpetrated BECAUSE Mark 16:15-18 is yet in the Future Tense and NOT for today and they want so bad to prove Acts 2 at Pentecost is right .

If Pentecost is true for TODAY there would be NO FRAUD , would there ??

dan p

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You're saying that you are a witness?

I am witness for wicked practice of Pentecostal churches.

I have many Pentecostal church attenders in my neighborhood and they are not such godly Christians.

Like I said they are the worst kind of organized churches.

Aimiel

You know, as well as I or anyone else: Jesus spoke that only to keep His Ministry from being stopped too early and didn't forbid anyone from saying such after His resurrection.
If any of us believed God, we'd do just that, since He said: "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." God doesn't hold back from ANY of His Promises.
I didn't know you were Jewish. Oy vey. The gentiles aren't under Mosaic law.

Aimiel

I am witness for wicked practice of Pentecostal churches.

I have many Pentecostal church attenders in my neighborhood and they are not such godly Christians.

Like I said they are the worst kind of organized churches.

Why is that? Is it because they tell you what a crock of baloney JW is? :duh:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why is that? Is it because they tell you what a crock of baloney JW is? :duh:

We did not discuss JW. I just witnessed their wicked practice. It seems you are too blind to see wicked practice. Isn't that because you are doing the wicked things too?