ECT what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do God's commands matter?

1 Corinthians 7:19 NASB - Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is another verse I came across just now today. I know I have seen it before.

Galatians 5:11 NASB - But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished.

DAN P

1 Cor 7:19 (KJV)

Hi , and there are 2 verbs in 1 Cor 7:19 !

These 2 are " IS / ESTI " both in the Present Tense , and what does this mean ?

It means that in the Dispensation of Grace , Un-circumcision is Nothing and ALSO means that Circumcision also means NOTHING , it is in the Present tense of Continuous action in this AGE of Grace .

This also means a new message of Grace and says that a CHANGE has taken Place .

God's Commandments are those that God revealed in Rom 14:37 !!

dan p

Gurucam

what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God

1 Corinthians 7:19 NASB - Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

Actually what matters is knowing Jesus and being known to Jesus so that Jesus can confess one to God.

1 Corinthians 7 kjv n.t.

19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

This is the commandments of God:

1 Corinthians 7 kjv n.t.

20 Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.

21 Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.

22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.

click the little arrow for the KJV N.T. back up for this claim. This also tells how to be Christ's servant

Gurucam

Why does Paul say the commandments of God are important here?

Without out "keeping of the commandments of God" one cannot be in God' righteousness nor can one be saved and delivered.

The question is what is the commandment of God. The verses which follow revealed this.

1 Corinthians 7 kjv n.t.

19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

This is the commandments of God. It is well beyond, pass, above and higher then being circumcised or uncircumcised. It is about being in Christ.:

1 Corinthians 7 kjv n.t.

21 Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.

22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.

To be Christ's servant is to achieved live personal intuitive communion with Jesus in His Spirit through one's own hearts or spirit and then be led into all of one's works by precisely what His Spirit had in mind for one to know, pray for, say and do as discern privately, individually and intuitively through one's own hearts or spirit like Paul.

click the little arrow for how to be Christ's servant

Fact is no one can be in righteousness with God (i.e. no one can do the will of God) unless he or she achieve live personal intuitive communion with Jesus in His Spirit through his own hearts or spirit and then be led into all of his works by precisely what His Spirit had in mind for him to know, pray for, say and do as discern privately, individually and intuitively through his own hearts or spirit like Paul. There is no other path to doing the will of God and to salvation and deliverance.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Without out "keeping of the commandments of God" one cannot be in God' righteousness not can one be saved and delivered.

The question is what is the commandment of God. The verses which follow revealed this.

1 Corinthians 7 kjv n.t.

This is the commandments of God:

1 Corinthians 7 kjv n.t.

To be Christ's servant is to achieved live personal intuitive communion with Jesus in His Spirit through one's own hearts or spirit and then be led into all of one's works by precisely what His Spirit had in mind for one to know, pray for, say and do as discern privately, individually and intuitively through one's own hearts or spirit like Paul.

We are not to be self-fulfilled. That is not the goal. We are to find our meaning and significance in God.

Your calling may involve circumcision or it may not. But a person cannot say "I am not circumcised so I don't need to keep God's commands".

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Here is another verse I came across just now today. I know I have seen it before.

Galatians 5:11 NASB - But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished.

He was being persecuted because he taught that the law of Moses was abolished.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

That is exactly why the 613 Commandments were rendered inoperative. Because it was not enough to be born Jewish, one had to keep all 613 without failing. - impossible.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is exactly why the 613 Commandments were rendered inoperative. Because it was not enough to be born Jewish, one had to keep all 613 without failing. - impossible.
Incorrect. God's commands are God's commands and we do not have God's permission to transgress His law.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Incorrect. God's commands are God's commands and we do not have God's permission to transgress His law.

You have erred into thinking that the universal laws of God are one in the same as the Mosaic law. This is an argument that you would easily lose if you tried to prove this notion of one law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is a lie. Paul was a law breaker. He says that to subject ones self back under the law is to fall from grace.
No, he said that we are not under law but under grace. There is a difference between law and grace and there is a difference between works or the works of the law and grace.

But once Paul became a believer in Jesus he ceased being a law breaker. As for my reference to the book of Acts in the last post, do you know it? If he himself walked orderly keeping the law, even to include sacrifice, why would you say Paul was a lawbreaker? That is speaking against Paul and false witness, but I don't know why you are blind to it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have erred into thinking that the universal laws of God are one in the same as the Mosaic law. This is an argument that you would easily lose if you tried to prove this notion of one law.
One law for all the people of the land.

Torah has 613 commands. The New Testament writings have 1050.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

The law of Moses did not provide power to sanctify the believer. It only caused more sin more sacrifice. Our law, the Perfect Law of Liberty, the Law of Christ does what the Law of Moses failed to do, it provides divine enablement to keep God's commands (which are not the 613 of Moses) and does perform sanctification, something the Law of Moses failed to accomplish.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law of Moses did not provide power to sanctify the believer.
True.
It only caused more sin more sacrifice.
False.
Our law, the Perfect Law of Liberty, the Law of Christ does what the Law of Moses failed to do, it provides divine enablement to keep God's commands (which are not the 613 of Moses) and does perform sanctification, something the Law of Moses failed to accomplish.
Incorrect.

The law of sin and of death is different from the Law of Moses. And the law of the S/spirit of life in Christ Jesus is different from the law of Christ. The law of Christ is to bear one another's burdens. Jesus kept the Law and taught it.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
One law for all the people of the land.

Torah has 613 commands. The New Testament writings have 1050.

Again I will accuse you of combining God's universal laws with the Law of Moses and you are teaching false doctrine. The law of Christ is the rule of life for the believer.

Again you refuse to answer this allegation. That is a sign of weakness friend.