The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In the UB an archangel is an archangel.

In the Bible not all Michaels are archangels. Michael of the Book of Revelation wasn't an archangel, he was Michael, Christ Michael, aka Jesus that John saw in his vision on Patmos some 50 years after Christ left.

In the UB Christ Michael is a type of "Son of God" known as a "Paradise creator son". Their are many, each a unique creation of the Father, each having roughly 10,000,000 created, inhabited worlds under their rule. They are personifications of the unseen Father. To know a Son is to know the Universal Father of all creation.

John 14

8Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

9Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Don't you feel at least a little silly/embarrassed posting this,
bunch of hooey?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I truly mean this as kindly as I can: What a load of dung!

Now you're really starting to show the strange and incompatible nature of the UB nonsense with what the Bible says. This only ONE Son of God.

It's no wonder that you're always knocking the Word of God.

I can understand your feelings about the new information revealed in the UB concerning the size of the universe and the many creator Sons of God. There is even more incredible stuff revealed in the book. There are many similarly incredible things in the Bible but because we are born into the story of biblical history it's kind of normal for us, we don't see it as strange.

I don't knock the Word of God, the Son is The Word and the Word is living, not dead letters, the Bible says so. The authors of the Bible books never claimed their books were inspired. The priest class made that claim to control and derive ecclesiastical authority. We have to wait all the way until Timothy 2 (which the church converted into the word of God) before someone gives the opinion about the OT scripture as "inspired" and even then that doesn't mean perfect.

UB 1955:

"In the not-distant future, new telescopes will reveal to the wondering gaze of Urantian astronomers no less than 375 million new galaxies in the remote stretches of outer space. At the same time these more powerful telescopes will disclose that many island universes formerly believed to be in outer space are really a part of the galactic system of Orvonton. The seven superuniverses are still growing; the periphery of each is gradually expanding; new nebulae are constantly being stabilized and organized; and some of the nebulae which Urantian astronomers regard as extragalactic are actually on the fringe of Orvonton and are traveling along with us."

Right Divider

Body part
I can understand your feelings about the new information revealed in the UB concerning the size of the universe and the many creator Sons of God. There is even more incredible stuff revealed in the book. There are many similarly incredible things in the Bible but because we are born into the story of biblical history it's kind of normal for us, we don't see it as strange.

I don't knock the Word of God, the Son is The Word and the Word is living, not dead letters, the Bible says so. The authors of the Bible books never claimed their books were inspired. The priest class made that claim to control and derive ecclesiastical authority. We have to wait all the way until Timothy 2 (which the church converted into the word of God) before someone gives the opinion about the OT scripture as "inspired" and even then that doesn't mean perfect.
Nonsense....

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I can understand your feelings about the
new information revealed in the UB concerning the size of the universe.
You see, the universe is actually smaller than an Ants toenail. This is
in accordance with what the UB has espoused for many years! We
earthlings (Urantians) are of average size and weight however, in
order for our universe to make room for all of us, it must be relatively
small.

We are all reincarnated from one another. In other words; You used
to be me and I used to be you, and so on and so forth. That's why
we're all alike in many ways! The great "Straghtmus" who is in
charge of the southern plane of the 'right-angle' placing of the
universe once said; "We who are not, are as though we were
never been and will always be!" This kind of wisdom cannot be
matched in human terms. Our 'Cosmic leadership' realizes, not
all will trust in this 'unstructured ultra defined parallel reasoning'
therefore, they rightfully gave this information to only a few
earthlings (Urantians) which are those whose mental advancement
is far beyond their peers!

I changed your post in order for it to make more sense!

Letsargue

UB 1955:

"In the not-distant future, new telescopes will reveal to the wondering gaze of Urantian astronomers no less than 375 million new galaxies in the remote stretches of outer space. At the same time these more powerful telescopes will disclose that many island universes formerly believed to be in outer space are really a part of the galactic system of Orvonton. The seven superuniverses are still growing; the periphery of each is gradually expanding; new nebulae are constantly being stabilized and organized; and some of the nebulae which Urantian astronomers regard as extragalactic are actually on the fringe of Orvonton and are traveling along with us."

If You'll Notice in the Picture of the Galaxies, -- ALL the Galaxies are Tilted in "Different Directions", - ALL of Them!!

Galaxies Rotate, or functions the same as a "Gyroscope". The Rotations in Different Directions ( "PROVE" ) That the Galaxies Are Traveling in (( ALL Different Directions )), Not just in an "Expanding Direction"!! - This also ((( Proves ))) that the Universe Is Not Expanding, but just traveling Around among Itself!!

If all the Galaxies were tilted and rotating in the Same direction, then they would be traveling in the Same Direction, BUT They Are NOT!!

Today's Scientists are as foolish as today's so-called "christians!!

Also! - The images of the Galaxies are nothing, or anywhere it appears they Are!!

Paul

Letsargue

Caino, how many 'beings' have you reincarnated from in the last billion
years or so?

(((( HOW Is It (( "Possible" )) that You Continue to Troll AND Disrupt other people, and their Threads - ALL The TIME!!! )))), AND GET Away with IT?????
That's Impossible for Others!!! -- ((( Just WHO Are YOU )))????
You can't be one of US; - WE ALL get BANNED For the slightest thing that You DO!!!

See; - I can't EVEN Report your Trolling, or I'd get Banned for it, and Likely will Just for THIS, after looking at your Constant nonsense and Trolling and Disrupting here on ( THEIR ) Thread, NOT YOURS!!
Just How Anyone Can Put Up With It - Is Beyond ME!!!

And THANKS For "MORE" Of Your Neg. REPS GM!!!

((( Your Time -- IS Coming )))!! -- (((( WATCH THE NEWS!! ))))!!!

NO!! - One!!!!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If You'll Notice in the Picture of the Galaxies, -- ALL the Galaxies are Tilted in "Different Directions", - ALL of Them!!

Galaxies Rotate, or functions the same as a "Gyroscope". The Rotations in Different Directions ( "PROVE" ) That the Galaxies Are Traveling in (( ALL Different Directions )), Not just in an "Expanding Direction"!! - This also ((( Proves ))) that the Universe Is Not Expanding, but just traveling Around among Itself!!

If all the Galaxies were tilted and rotating in the Same direction, then they would be traveling in the Same Direction, BUT They Are NOT!!

Today's Scientists are as foolish as today's so-called "christians!!

Also! - The images of the Galaxies are nothing, or anywhere it appears they Are!!

Paul

The UB explains that the universe expands and contracts on 1 billion year cycles.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
gnosticism and astrology............

gnosticism and astrology............

The Urantia foundation has some telling remarks found in the Consideration of Some Criticism section, and saves one from having to read the whole thing, I have been kinda neutral on them until I read what is said about Gnosticism and Astrology.

So seeing I don't buy the literal motif and have a more mystic view I have to give to them a :down:.

Hi Zeke,

Nothing is hidden in the UB as far as its opinion about anything, so whatever it says about 'astrology' or 'gnosticism' is clearly stated.

Consideration of Some Criticisms of the UB

I still enjoy being a gnostic of sorts, and still open to explore various aspects of 'astrology' as well...because truth, knowledge, information is dynamic and relational,....no one book can contain a finality of revelation, any more than one can contain all of space in a glass jar.

The issue against Gnosticism is the UB's emphasis on 'faith' (rather than just 'gnosis') as the saving principle active in the soul uniting with the divine spirit within to effect a genuine salvation. It is by this 'faith' that we are spirit-born and made to realize our sonship with God, being made conscious of the kingdom of heaven.

The papers regard the more primitive forms of 'astrology' as just that, mostly superstition. It assumes earlier forms led the way into the science of astronomy (a valid science), but discounts the fortune-telling antics of astrology as having any effect on human conditions or destiny. We might note this does not necessarily discredit studies in 'astro-theology' since aspects of that study touch different points and correlations within various concept-frames outside of the context of 'horoscopes'. - noting this I don't see how this might be against astrology as a whole, unless we are defining such in the same way.

Jesus on astrology:
150:3.2 Late that evening Jesus gave the united group a memorable talk on “Magic and Superstition.” In those days the appearance of a bright and supposedly new star was regarded as a token indicating that a great man had been born on earth. Such a star having then recently been observed, Andrew asked Jesus if these beliefs were well founded. In the long answer to Andrew’s question the Master entered upon a thoroughgoing discussion of the whole subject of human superstition. The statement which Jesus made at this time may be summarized in modern phraseology as follows:

1. The courses of the stars in the heavens have nothing whatever to do with the events of human life on earth. Astronomy is a proper pursuit of science, but astrology is a mass of superstitious error which has no place in the gospel of the kingdom.

pj

Letsargue

The UB explains that the universe expands and contracts on 1 billion year cycles.

A Billion years wouldn't be a "1,000,000,000,000.000th" of light travel through the Universe!!

Then, does that not say that "Nothing" enters into "everything" and something enters into "NOTHING"? - There can't be anything beyond the Universe. There is on "Place" outside of the Universe for anything to Go TO, or expand ( "TO" ) or to come in ( "FROM" ).

Laws are Laws - BY LAW, / GOD.

If a house is not there, YOU Cannot go into the House, neither can the House protect you from the weather, ( If it ain't there ). There is nothing outside of the Universe, Neither can there be an Outside of the Universe, ( The phrase can't even be stated - "Outside" of the Universe. ) -- That's like saying the Cow actually did jumped over the Moon. No Law!!

Paul - 121014

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
rebirth............

rebirth............

Caino, how many 'beings' have you reincarnated from in the last billion
years or so?

Reincarnation (rebirth) as defined in eastern, western classical or new-age terms is NOT taught in the UB. Souls are generally incarnated once, then progress along after physical death in the 'mansion-worlds', transitioning in the morontial realms until the soul reaches or attains 'spirit-status'. A deeper study into 'rebirth' of aspects of 'soul' or 'spirit' in an individual is complex, and some theories could be supplied that might explain past-life recall, and souls somehow tapping into or assuming the memories of other souls. I used to have my own thread on Reincarnation covering all the various theories, but have assumed presiding over our current thread here (will be adding more soon, as we're covering views on 'rebirth' from different religious schools).

See:

Some thoughts on reincarnation

Don't you believe in reincarnation?

So, while on the face of it and literally, the UB discounts reincarnation of souls, there may be some loopholes or other possibilities how a kind of 'rebirth' of a soul might take place, whether it can 're-personalize' in some way in a material form. This takes a more extensive research into the metaphysics involved in such transformations. The key note here is that no matter how many 'bodies' a soul assumes (or trans-formations), it is still progressing along according to the laws that govern soul-progress, development and destiny. - this inquiry is more about the 'mechanics' of it.

pj

Letsargue

A "Billion Years" of Light Travel is Nothing to the Universe, with the New Scopes, we can see only 25,000,000,000 light Years, and that sure is not the END OF GOD.

Anyhow - this has no real Saving Stuff of Christ, it's Just FUN to think about!!

INJOY!!

Paul -- 121014

Zeke

Hi Zeke,

Nothing is hidden in the UB as far as its opinion about anything, so whatever it says about 'astrology' or 'gnosticism' is clearly stated.

Consideration of Some Criticisms of the UB

I still enjoy being a gnostic of sorts, and still open to explore various aspects of 'astrology' as well...because truth, knowledge, information is dynamic and relational,....no one book can contain a finality of revelation, any more than one can contain all of space in a glass jar.

The issue against Gnosticism is the UB's emphasis on 'faith' (rather than just 'gnosis') as the saving principle active in the soul uniting with the divine spirit within to effect a genuine salvation. It is by this 'faith' that we are spirit-born and made to realize our sonship with God, being made conscious of the kingdom of heaven.

The papers regard the more primitive forms of 'astrology' as just that, mostly superstition. It assumes earlier forms led the way into the science of astronomy (a valid science), but discounts the fortune-telling antics of astrology as having any effect on human conditions or destiny. We might note this does not necessarily discredit studies in 'astro-theology' since aspects of that study touch different points and correlations within various concept-frames outside of the context of 'horoscopes'. - noting this I don't see how this might be against astrology as a whole, unless we are defining such in the same way.

Jesus on astrology:

pj

This is the quote, On every count, the doctrines of Urantia are a refutation of the Gnostic teaching, plus it disowns .............all things astrological.

Doesn't seem like it was really approaching either with much concern for the diverse teachings found in both.

Anyway each to their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.