ECT The Bema

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The Bema Seat is not the Great White Throne.

This is just my take on the Bema Seat - only for those saved during the age of grace ............
It will be instantaneous upon your death or rapture (whichever comes first).
Not a mass gathering and judging, but on an individual basis.

I believe it will be the time when God will reveal everything you did right, and everything you did wrong. (The gold and silver will remain, but the hay and stubble will be burned).
And this will prepare you as a judge of others.

Thats what i think also.

OCTOBER23

THE RAPTURE - There are 2 Raptures - one of the Philidelphian Church

just before Satan is cast down and one for the Laodicean Church

just After Satan takes charge of Jerusalem and Tempts and Tests if

People will become Muslims or loose their heads.

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;

I will make them to come and worship before thy feet,

I also will keep you from the time of temptation, which shall come to try them upon earth.

Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;

16 So, because thou art lukewarm, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
------------------------==============================-------------------

A PLACE PREPARED BY JESUS / GOD

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
========================================
The Bema Seat is the Judgement Seat of Jesus to Judge the Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ6C1aRzMkU

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi and no one mentioned 2 Cor 5:10 , It is necessary for all of us to made manifest in FRONT of the BEMA SEAT ( called the Judgment Seat ) of Christ in order that each ONE may receive back the things ( done ) by the Body , according to what things H e PRACTISED , whether Good or Bad !

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Many miss that it's, "that every one may receive the things done in His Body", as in the church which is His Body.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi , and Departure is the word to use , very good !!

I am always amazed how many dispensationalist like that word Rapture !

dan p
It's just a loose term used today. It's not in the KJB, but the event of being caught up certainly is.

musterion

Hi and no one mentioned 2 Cor 5:10 , It is necessary for all of us to made manifest in FRONT of the BEMA SEAT ( called the Judgment Seat ) of Christ in order that each ONE may receive back the things ( done ) by the Body, according to what things He PRACTISED, whether Good or Bad!
Dan, did you mean to capitalize He? That makes it look like what Christ has done in/through His Body, none of which can be "bad," only good.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Many miss that it's, "that every one may receive the things done in His Body", as in the church which is His Body.

That's the way I've always understood it...we receive or lose rewards based on how we've served as His members, sin no longer being relevant.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's the way I've always understood it...we receive or lose rewards based on how we've served as His members, sin no longer being relevant.
All the entanglements/affairs of this life/causes that we get wrapped up in instead of the spiritual warfare we are in are going to go up in smoke! Paul tells us to endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ/don't get entangled!

2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

musterion

All the entanglements/affairs of this life/causes that we get wrapped up in instead of the spiritual warfare we are in are going to go up in smoke! Paul tells us to endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ/don't get entangled!

2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Exactly why I've begun trying to modify my comportment and engagements here on TOL.

Sheila B

The Bema Seat is not the Great White Throne.

It will be instantaneous upon your death
Not a mass gathering and judging, but on an individual basis.

I believe it will be the time when God will reveal everything you did right, and everything you did wrong. (The gold and silver will remain, but the hay and stubble will be burned).
And this will prepare you as a judge of others.

ditto

with a slight alteration ( I am not a rapture believer)

Sheila B

Right.
Sin is already dealt with, so there will be no judgement of sin.

My personal opinion is that your deeds will be shown which were good and which were bad.
And this will prepare you to be a judge of other's deeds.
Sorta ties in with the theme when we're are told that those with little will be over little, and those with much will be over much.
In other words, I don't believe I will be a judge over anyone that doesn't fall into my category.

agreed.

I think this is what Jesus meant when he said: "You will be over 5 cities." or "10 cities"
cities - being a metaphor for the "category" as you say, that we were involved with during this life.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Are you worried of the terror of the Lord at this judgment?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you worried of the terror of the Lord at this judgment?
No, but I know it

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, but I know it

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

As you know, the letters did not have chapters and verses, nor those headings. Read it as a letter, and he is trying to persuade men to be reconciled. That is what I see

journey

ditto

with a slight alteration ( I am not a rapture believer)

The Rapture (raised, caught up) is a Bible fact:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 KJV 13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Derivation of the word "Rapture"

Latin - "Rapturo"

Greek - "Harpazo"

English - "Caught Up"

SaulToPaul 2

I think this is what Jesus meant when he said: "You will be over 5 cities." or "10 cities"
cities - being a metaphor for the "category" as you say, that we were involved with during this life.

Yikes...

why can't it mean cities, as he said it, to the people he said it to.

See what you have to do to the Holy Bible when you force it to all be about you...today.

john w

Hall of Fame
Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
Mat 25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
Mat 25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Mat 25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Mat 25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
Mat 25:20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Mat 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Mat 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Mat 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Mat 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

=all scripture is written specifically to me, LALaw, is about me, and is for my obedience.

Thanks for, once again, contributing NADA to a thread, Col. Klink-ette, Frau D. Poser.

musterion

As you know, the letters did not have chapters and verses, nor those headings. Read it as a letter, and he is trying to persuade men to be reconciled. That is what I see

I've always wondered why Paul drops that appeal to be reconciled to God right in the middle of his talk to the Corinthians, who already were. I am open to further light on it.

DAN P

agreed.

Hi , and that is a reward for those from Israel , only !!~

Is never for the Body of Christ !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber

I do read Paul's letters not as chapter and verse but letters as a whole and anyone who does can see that there was a mixed bag in Corinth (1 Corinthians 1:12 KJV). Take Apollos for example. He was eloquent, mighty in the scriptures, and instructed in the way of the Lord and knowing only the baptism of John (Acts 18:24-25 KJV) before the word of God was expounded unto him more perfectly by Aquila and Priscilla (Acts 18:26 KJV) and obviously the fornicators/idolaters. Not all were saved, but Paul declared the gospel by which the ones who were, are saved (just as we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

And through all of that, I still come out believing that we will receive a reward for how we built upon the foundation that a wise master builder Paul laid (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV).