ECT Attention! Everyone who doesn't like MAD!

Attention! Everyone who doesn't like MAD!

• It denies water baptism.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It denies the place of the Law in the life of the believer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doom

the bottom line is still the same, basically. You guys have no respect for Jesus' teachings.

You put Paul on the pedestal.
Paul's teachings are Jesus' teachings.

Gal 1:11-12 "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."

musterion

It's funny that Meshak has stopped giving out her blessings willy-nilly, the way she used to for everyone who disagreed with her. I wonder what that could mean.

No, not really. Couldn't care less.

rainee

Hi Y'all
Good to see you all.

But first let's cover something, please?
To call JohnW's hair a
...pseudo-mullet...
almost caused me to get upset and I really would like to NOT be upset as we come in to new year - even if it is mostly a type representing an idea.

So please leave that lovely hair alone and maybe we can get along. Please.

rainee

Hi Musterion :)

I didn't know Waffle House did that? Maybe their good coffee will wash that away?

Now then, what are my concerns about MAD?

They are only the fear of crossing over from being "special" and "unique" and "better" as so many "new" denoms advertize themselves as being to becoming a cult in the truest sense. You may NOT become a cult.

Why?

Because first of all: The Holy Spirit really was with us before you came a long. Oh yes, it is true. And it always has been.

IF Anything is revealed now that was not revealed back then it is only because The Holy Spirit did it that way.

I say that as a Calvie.

The Jews will be able to say that as well.

Next: I agree with you, Peter may have said Paul was hard to understand because what he said was NOT how Israel may have pictured the unfolding of prophecy to go.

But I bet the same can be said about you. I bet you do not know how the unfolding of prophecy is going to go. So welcome to our world - the world of believers.

However, Peter and ALL who wrote the New Testament were on THE SAME PAGE by the time we see their writing it down. Yes, they were.

True they didn't know when they walked with the Lord on this earth.. so??

They did by the time you read them. So if you like Paul's baby talk to you better than you like James's buck up and get right talk - please remember both come from the Lord for the New Testament. There is a balance please find it.

You know I was told that Martin Luther had a problem with James also.
But he only did because he was showing believers are not perfect, no matter how gifted he was or useful to God he was. So learn from him. He was wrong.

Now about Israel, prophecy is going to take care of things you do not know it can take care of, I think. So forget about whatever big stand on the Law you think you are making, please, in regards to Israel. James IOW is not talking from the position of a Law Keeper, for example, but a Law Understanding Believing Jew who is a Keeper- in- liner and Appealer over some having trouble (I think?).

And Rahab did what she did out of faith, so says your Bible, yes? Ok then. The whole blessing thing is a bit too far, I fear, I'm sorry.

If I am wrong and misunderstood y'all I'm sorry about that even more!

And btw great post, very well put forth. I am afraid you are an intellect. I ain't giving any more good stuff cuz you may use it.

...That is, were they saved by a knowledge that the Christ would die for their sins, much less the sins of all the world?

The answer from Scripture appears to be "No, they weren't."

That God would ultimately redeem was not a secret.

The question was HOW it would be done. So as I posted to you last night, Paul said the fact that Christ died for the sins of the whole world without distinction (what he purposely called "his Gospel") was an aspect of Messiah kept secret in God until it was revealed to and through Paul.

Not only did no one before Paul know that the Cross would accomplish all that WE know it did; they also did not know that the Cross would circumvent God's long-prophesied use of a nation of priests (redeemed Israel) to reach the world. Prior to Paul's being told, NOBODY had a clue of all that happened and how it happened...they'd probably have punched in the mouth or stoned to death anyone who dared suggest it. That, I believe, is why Peter said Paul's revelation contained things "hard to be understood." It makes perfect sense for Peter to say that in light of the revelation of the mystery and God's complete deactivation of Israel and her Kingdom gospel. You and others can deny or ignore it all you want. You can attempt to make Peter out to have known something that God's Word says he DID NOT and COULD NOT have known. Have fun with that.

MAD simply takes the Scriptures as they're found and, in so doing, honor and glorify God and His Word. If you want to fault us for that, feel free. We'll see you at the Bema...

...They just didn't know it, despite our NOW being able to see it foreshadowed throughout the O.T. Hence the caution you received against backfilling later revelation into periods before it was ever given: that is a form of the wresting of God's Word that Peter warned against.

What is "backfilling later revelation", may I ask? And what form of "wresting"?

musterion

What is "backfilling later revelation", may I ask?

Reading into the minds and words of Bible writers of past dispensations things that were only revealed later through Paul...iow, assuming they fully knew what Paul was given (they all preached the same Gospel, they all knew the Mystery, the Mystery was an 'open secret' [an ex-pastor laid that one one me], etc).

And what form of "wresting"?
De-contextualizing for the purpose of misapplication, which invariably creates confusion and seeming contradictions.

musterion

We are witnessing spiritual anarchy on TOL, just as we are witnessing liberal, cultural anarchy on the streets of the USA, every day.

God help us all . . .

He's not going to save the wreck. He is saving people from the wreck. The wreck will continue to burn. Then He'll fix it good.