The deadly consequences of denying limited atonement !

jsanford108

Said one of the goats...

Oh yeah?! Well your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

How do you know I am a "goat?" How do you know I am anything? How do you know I am even existing in flesh? How do you know I am not a sentient program existing solely in cyberspace?

You seem to enjoy judging and casting stones. Which is interesting as that goes against the teachings of Christ.

And lastly, you say that goats can't become lambs; then you say that you were never a goat. All your labels are predicated on your own version of religion, which is in essence, what Truster says is fact. You have made your own version of God, and made yourself its highest priest.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Oh yeah?! Well your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

How do you know I am a "goat?" How do you know I am anything? How do you know I am even existing in flesh? How do you know I am not a sentient program existing solely in cyberspace?

You seem to enjoy judging and casting stones. Which is interesting as that goes against the teachings of Christ.

And lastly, you say that goats can't become lambs; then you say that you were never a goat. All your labels are predicated on your own version of religion, which is in essence, what Truster says is fact. You have made your own version of God, and made yourself its highest priest.

Jsan... that deserves a BOOM! As in Boom... that... just... happened.

Yup!

Eagles Wings

I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I speak as I find and I recognise the spirits at work in people by the fruit of their words. This what I am called to do and I shall do so until the day that I die.
If you think you have special insight into the state of another's eternal destiny, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Nope. No way.

beloved57

You're mistaking the verb pisteuo for the noun pistis. Faith is not believing. That's a verb.

This is what English speakers do continuously; substituting verbs for their corresponding nouns, and misunderstanding the most common Greek verb for "doing" as being predicated upon its base as an interrogative relative pronoun indicating a specific quality of action AS the act.

Faith (the noun) is the precise means by which God accomplishes the salvation of mankind according to His own eternal mind and will.

There is no sequence of time for the timeless God.
You reject the truth!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You reject the truth!

Not at all. I just don't project lapsed chronological time upon the timeless God and confuse durative sequentiality for monergistic sovereignty.

Unlimited Atonement and Limited Atonement are both silly terms in the context of Calvinism and Arminianism.

Atonement is Limited. Just as it is Unlimited. Jesus didn't die for some OR all men. Singular anarthrous hamartia.

Epoisses

Not at all. I just don't project lapsed chronological time upon the timeless God and confuse durative sequentiality for monergistic sovereignty.

Unlimited Atonement and Limited Atonement are both silly terms in the context of Calvinism and Arminianism.

Atonement is Limited. Just as it is Unlimited. Jesus didn't die for some OR all men. Singular anarthrous hamartia.

LOL you would make a great used car salesman - this car is top of the line from 1972!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
LOL you would make a great used car salesman - this car is top of the line from 1972!

Anything beats speaking univocally of God and man from one's own arrogance.

There is Unlimited Atonement for singular anarthrous hamartia. There is Limited Atonement in regard to individuals and their granted repentance (the noun).

This isn't hard, except that modern western English speakers are at the mercy of their nominal understanding that excludes what is innate to the Greek language and gets conceptualized into shallow false dichotomies rather than pursuing the ministry of reconciliation that Believers are given in Christ.

Reactions: Lon

jsanford108

You team up with sleazy Christian?

I like EE. I may not always agree with him, but that doesn't mean I can't like him.

Besides, even if he was sleazy (which I have not seen evidence of; nor would I apply such a label unmerited), why would that matter? Christ ate with sinners. He kept company with them. The only people who didn't like it were the Pharisees.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I like EE. I may not always agree with him, but that doesn't mean I can't like him.

Besides, even if he was sleazy (which I have not seen evidence of; nor would I apply such a label unmerited), why would that matter? Christ ate with sinners. He kept company with them. The only people who didn't like it were the Pharisees.

You have no discernment of what is evil or not.

beloved57

You don't believe the truth. Faith plays no part in a sinner being reconciled to God. It occurred while they were enemies and unbelievers hating God Rom 5:10, it was solely by Christ death!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You don't believe the truth. Faith plays no part in a sinner being reconciled to God. It occurred while they were enemies and unbelievers hating God Rom 5:10, it was solely by Christ death!

Says the Secular Determinist...

And you still don't understand faith as a noun, while referring to believing as the verb.

Plus, it really makes no sense for HyperMegaMondoUltraSupraLapsarians to be trying to convince others of anything in this regard if election is sequential.

If I "don't believe the truth", it shouldn't matter. I'm either elect or not, so my believing is irrelevant; yet that's your entire focus.

Truster

He liked some of them. I believe He loved them all. :e4e:

If He loved them all then He was loving the sons of Satan. John 8:44

You cannot accept that most are vessels fitted for destruction and that many go in at the wide gate.

beloved57

Says the Secular Determinist...

And you still don't understand faith as a noun, while referring to believing as the verb.

Plus, it really makes no sense for HyperMegaMondoUltraSupraLapsarians to be trying to convince others of anything in this regard if election is sequential.

If I "don't believe the truth", it shouldn't matter. I'm either elect or not, so my believing is irrelevant; yet that's your entire focus.

Look at you, still being hostile to the Truth !

popsthebuilder

It is so very sad to witness people arguing so vehemently, yet still missing the point.
None know who is elect for sure but GOD, but everyone wants to claim they are and everyone else is dead. Then people are actually rejoicing in the flawed opinion that many are fitted for destruction, still missing the point.

So; anybody; tell me what the elect were actually chosen for prior to the formation of the earth if salvation is available to all? I'll give you a hint; it isn't to condemn any.

Sad

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Last edited: