CONGRATULATIONS!

Truster

Why didn't Pharaoh exercise his free will and let the people go?

YAH VEH instructed Moses, "When you go back to Egypt, make sure you do all the wonders before Pharaoh that I have put within your power. But I will harden his heart so that he won't let the people go.

There seems to have been a Greater Will at work than the free will of Pharaoh.

Truster

"Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"​

Is this Almighty will that does in heaven then subject to the free will of man on earth? Or is the will of man subject to sin and Satan? "The prince of the power of the air. The spirit that now works in the children of disobedience".

Is Satan going to allow the captive to go free? Or is salvation from sin and from the power of Satan? How does free will overcome Satan?

daqq

Why didn't the population of the world during the days of Noah just build their own Arks and save themselves. Why didn't free will help them? Rhetorical?

Why didn't the population of Jericho simply agree to surrender themselves and in so doing save themselves as Rehab did. Surely they had free will. Or did someone with a greater will decide to destroy them I wonder.

Why didn't Pharaoh exercise his free will and let the people go?

YAH VEH instructed Moses, "When you go back to Egypt, make sure you do all the wonders before Pharaoh that I have put within your power. But I will harden his heart so that he won't let the people go.

There seems to have been a Greater Will at work than the free will of Pharaoh.

Because the carnal "old man" Esau-nature does not repent:
He must die so that the new you can live in Messiah.

Two vessels of spirit from the selfsame lump of clay: you are the lump of clay, O man.
Will you say to the Potter, Why have you made me twain? :chuckle:

Too bad you do not read my posts, O Esau-man . . .

Truster

Because the carnal "old man" Esau-nature does not repent:
He must die so that the new you can live in Messiah.

Two vessels of spirit from the selfsame lump of clay: you are the lump of clay, O man.
Will you say to the Potter, Why have you made me twain? :chuckle:

Too bad you do not read my posts, O Esau-man . . .

New age garbage.

daqq

New age garbage.

Nope, that is what is taught in the overall doctrine of the scripture: Isaac -vs- Ishmael, Jacob -vs- Esau, Moses -vs- Pharaoh, Sarah -vs- Hagar, (which is Egypt, "great of flesh", Eze 16:26 KJV, and spiritual Sodom, Rev 11:8), and Jerusalem of above, (Horeb), -vs- Jerusalem of below, (Sinai), and so on, and so on, all of these things representing the Spirit -vs- the Flesh in typology. But the natural man cannot perceive such things of Elohim because, like Esau, he sees all things according to the eyes and mind of the flesh, and walks according to his belly of the flesh, even as the serpent was cursed to do from the very beginning. Esau-man would sell his birthright for a bowl of soup to feed his belly, (metaphor), and therefore his belly is his god, (metaphor, similitude). It is yet another allegory, your old man nature is destined for destruction, a vessel of spirit fitted for destruction: and he is likened to a twin goat, (an atonement and prophetic analogy-allegory), just as Esau himself was also called an hairy man, (that is sa`iyr, in Gen 27:11, which is the same word used for the two goats in Lev 16, and the shaggy he-goat of Yavan-Greece in Dan 8:21, and in many other places). Thus you, a natural man, call the true doctrines of the scripture, "new age garbage", because you have no clue what the scripture actually teaches. These things I first began to learn from the Testimony of Messiah in the Gospel accounts. Perhaps you should start with the Parable of the Sower: the unclean fowls of the air, (there are twenty one names given in the Torah, (ten toes and eleven horns in Daniel)), have three rulers which are the Wicked One, (Matthew 13:19), the Devil, (Luke 8:12), and the Satan, (Mark 4:15).

Take heed that one of those does not come and steal what was just said to you . . . :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
CONGRATULATIONS ALL YE THAT PRACTICE THE FREE WILL OF MAN IN SALVATION

You are so smart of mind in exercising such great and abundant rationality in choosing Messiah as a saviour. How wonderful the view must be from where you imagine yourself to be.
Looking down at those who were not so smart, not so rational. I imagine you think it's their fault that they lack the intellectual capacity that you obviously possess. What silly, stupid and ignorant people those around you are.

Yah Veh hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
Romans 10:17 KJV -

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Why didn't the population of the world during the days of Noah just build their own Arks and save themselves. Why didn't free will help them? Rhetorical?
Asking why people didn't do something, and then asking why free will didn't do something, is the same stupid question, you stupid moron.

Truster

Romans 10:17 KJV -

In verse 20 Paul goes on to quote Isaiah, " I was found of them that sought Me not; I was manifest unto them that asked not after me". Not, I was found by those that were so wise and rational and so clever.

I was hiking out on the mountains a few weeks ago and I spent the day wondering how long the incorruptible seed of the word had laid dormant in me, before Elohim gave increase. Not, before I gave increase. 1 Peter 1:23 KJV 1 Corinthians 3:6 KJV

To the praise of the glory of His grace and not to anything I possess.

You enjoy your free-will and I will rejoice in the Sovereign Might that saved me, upholds and maintains me...Halalu Yah and amen.

Truster

I left school at the age of 13 years without any qualifications and no educational abilities. I spent the next thirty years pursuing enjoyment through drugs, alcohol and the pleasures of the flesh and senses. The idea that I could be clever, wise or act in a rational manner was absurd to say the least.

How blessed I was to discover:

But Elohim hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and Elohim hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath Elohim chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.​

Truster

I left school at the age of 13 years without any qualifications and no educational abilities. I spent the next thirty years pursuing enjoyment through drugs, alcohol and the pleasures of the flesh and senses. The idea that I could be clever, wise or act in a rational manner was absurd to say the least.

How blessed I was to discover:

But Elohim hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and Elohim hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath Elohim chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.​

A couple of years after my conversion a man I've known for many years approached me and said that after my conversion he had expected me to go into rehab to get me straight. This man was a preacher, but he didn't comprehend the power of the evangelism to free a man from sin and remove the addictions sent as judgements.

A Bible reading preacher who had not entered by the gate, but gone in via free-will and was in the broadway.

Truster

Paul attributes the salvation of man to Elohim alone in the potter and the clay. This is the part of scripture most hated and attacked by those that demand the freedom of the will of man to choose Messiah.

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,Even us, whom he hath called*, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

*whom he hath called

I am so pleased that I was dragged, kicking and screaming, out of darkness, because left to mine own devices, I would never have come, even if I had power to do so. Because of this act of Sovereign grace there is no doubt, because there is no room for doubt.

Truster

After my conversion, most of my friends, neighbours and acquaintances turned on me. I wasn't worried about this because I expected to have new friends in the denomination I was visiting. I was soon to discover that they too would turn on me.

The problem they had was accepting the manner in which I was saved. I hadn't been in a church, I hadn't been listening to a sermon, I hadn't gone forward in a meeting and I hadn't said a sinners prayer.

Truster

John 3:3 Yah Shua answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of Elohim.
3:5 Yah Shua answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of Elohim.
3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

According to free-will Yah Shua would have said in verse 3: Except a man exercise free-will, he cannot see the kingdom of Elohim.

In verse 5: Except a man rationalise what is on offer and accept it, he cannot enter into the kingdom of Elohim.

In verse 6: That which is born of the flesh is perfectly capable of making up his own mind as to whether he wants to be saved or not.

Messiah Yah Shua did not say these things, so why do free-will conformists insist that Free-will is the way, free-will is the truth and free-will is the life? Rhetorical?

Truster

Sect. 153 of The Bondage of the Will. Martin Luther.

—As to myself, I must confess, I am more than astonished, that, when Paul so
often uses those universally applying words "all," "none," "not," "not one," "without," thus, "they
are all gone out of the way, there is none that doeth good, no not one;" all are sinners and
condemned by the one sin of Adam; we are justified by faith "without" the law; "without" the
works of the law; so that, if any one wished to speak otherwise so as to be more intelligible, he
could not speak in words more clear and more plain;—I am more than a astonished, I say, how it
is, that words and sentences, contrary and contradictory to these universally applying words and
sentences, have gained so much ground; which say,—Some are not gone out of the way, are not
unrighteous, are not evil, are not sinners, are not condemned: there is something in man which
is good and which endeavours after good: as though that man, whoever he be, who endeavours
after good, were not comprehended in this one word "all," or "none," or "not."

I could find nothing, even if I wished it, to advance against Paul, or to reply in
contradiction to him: but should be compelled to acknowledge that the power of my "Free-will,"
together with its endeavours, is comprehended in those "alls," and "nones," of whom Paul here
speaks; if, that is, no new kind of grammar or new manner of speech were introduced.
Moreover, if Paul had used this mode of expression once, or in one place only, there might
have been room for imagining a trope, or for taking hold of and twisting some detached terms.
Whereas, he uses it perpetually both in the affirmative and in the negative: and so expresses his
sentiments by his argument and by his distinctive division, in every place and in all parts, that
not the nature of his words only and the current of his language, but that which follows and that
which precedes, the circumstances, the scope, and the very body of the whole disputation, all
compel us to conclude, according to common sense, that the meaning of Paul is,—that out of the
faith of Christ there is nothing but sin and damnation.

It was thus that we promised we would refute "Free-will," so that all our adversaries
should not be able to resist: which, I presume, I have effected, even though they shall not so far
acknowledge themselves vanquished, as to come over to my opinion, or to be silent: for that is
not in my power: that is the gift of the Spirit of God!

Truster

You did it Truster, good job !!!

I'm fully aware of the fact that you believe that. You believe/hope that this is the case, because the truth is terrifying.
The truth is that you have believed a lie, entered at the wide gate and are in the broadway that leads to destruction.

Enjoy and have as much fun as you can, because you are fast approaching the end of the road...

2 Corinthians 4:3
But if our evangelism be veiled
it is veiled among them that are lost: