Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Resources for Homeschoolers

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Karen what a great website....

My son is five and my daughter is seven.
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. by C. S. Lewis

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shalom For Your Post:

theophilus (July 9th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great site for printables and resources. I use a great deal from this site.
    I think I'm hilarious.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FellowServant For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some links I use frequently.

Free reading aptitude test

This site is games for U.S.A. geography along with world | animals | vocabulary | health | science | math | history games.

This site is great for those interested in lapbooking.

This is a neat site giving views of the Great Wall of China. Very interactive. We love this site.

I have many, many more sites but I don't have time right now to put them here. I will add more later. If there is anything anyone is interested in, let me know. If I don't have a site to it, I'm sure I can find someone who does.
    I think I'm hilarious.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FellowServant For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FS - good links!
    Good things come to those who shoot straight.

Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yorzhik For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
    Thanks Karen what a great website....

My son is five and my daughter is seven.
    Shalom,

Is hugging part of the home schooled curriculum? :
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Berean For Your Post:

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answers in Genesis has a kids page

They have an animal of the week and a video of Pilgrim's Progress

12. The Following User Says Thank You to QueenAtHome For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,448 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poly-

I know you posted the list of homeschool links over two years ago, but I'm going to thank you now anyway. Thank you.....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the links. I'm probably misappropriating them given that I'm looking for kitchen chemistry science experiments for my mum who teaches 3rd grade.

She's been struggling to find ideas for practical experiments with scientific explanations. I sent her some of the links already posted but if anyone else has anymore, it'd be appreciated. A lot of the stuff she's found are single use kits that you have to pay for. She's happy to pay for ingredients, but she really wants something practical to get her kids excited about learning that wont drain her back pocket more by making her buy a book or 25 kits...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to johana For Your Post:

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought super bouncy balls were pretty cool.

and the corn starch thing is just creepy cool

18. The Following User Says Thank You to QueenAtHome For Your Post:

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're awesome! Thank you so much!

I told her you homeschooling mummies would have the jump on the messy experiments.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to johana For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a site of links for toddlers and babies to bang on the keyboard with

Baby Gamer

Our fave so far is KneeBouncers. (As long as you don't hit the windows key or Fkeys )
    Help for Universalists

"...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart BR X

~*Bible*~*Support TOL!*~*Dictionary*~*Google*~

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nineveh For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Robinson Curriculum is a great source for homeschooling, used it ourselves. Here is a link:

http://www.robinsoncurriculum.com/?g...FQZfswodvGCOvQ

-Shadow9997

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow9997 For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As am all for teaching your children yourself, probably because I am still young and never liked school, but I can't help but think that homeschooling your children would only hurt them. Children need to interact with people, different from themselves, with different ideas and behaviors. If a child grows up learning only that God made people, and that he doesn't destroy bad people anymore because his son died, then it will be a HUGE shock to thier systems when they hear the idea that people evolved from fish and monkies. Home schooling is for parents who are afriad to let their children think freely, which, according to that bible of yours, says God gave us cuz he wuvs us.

Home schooling children is subjecting them to a lifetime of alienation in the real world. This was made painfully clear to me after a man who went by the name of Phat bowser came into my forum life on an old forum.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexb View Post
    As am all for teaching your children yourself, probably because I am still young and never liked school, but I can't help but think that homeschooling your children would only hurt them. Children need to interact with people, different from themselves, with different ideas and behaviors. If a child grows up learning only that God made people, and that he doesn't destroy bad people anymore because his son died, then it will be a HUGE shock to thier systems when they hear the idea that people evolved from fish and monkies. Home schooling is for parents who are afriad to let their children think freely, which, according to that bible of yours, says God gave us cuz he wuvs us.

Home schooling children is subjecting them to a lifetime of alienation in the real world. This was made painfully clear to me after a man who went by the name of Phat bowser came into my forum life on an old forum.
    Yes, we can all see what public schooling produces.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyon For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This I would state would be quite false. People liken Ben Franklin where homeschooled and many other founding fathers. And I don't know about you or what you know about Ben Franklin, but he was not alienated by the world because he was homeschooled.

Also in school kids, by the majority of their time, only talk to their peers and don't on a usual basis have conversations with people of different ages. In homeschooling on the other hand you speak to people of all ages (usually parent).

As far as thinking freely, what type of free-thinking do you get in public school. Also another note, the lable "free thinker" is actually quite funny and in the most sorrowful way, pathetic. If you read history or study it, the objective of the free thinker is to destroy the free thinker before him.

I would say homeschooling is more like the real world. Because, like what the robinson cirriculum teaches, you have to teach yourself. And now yes in middle and high school you have a teacher right beside you telling you how you should "strive to do better", in college they can care less if you show up, just as long as you pay . That is true alienation of study. Also please note, by no means am I saying that you will not meet alienating people, there are weird people and if you argument is that you might meet one, then I would say it would be more likely at public school.

Also California did a study along with several other states and it was proven that homeschoolers not only do better as far as grade wise in school, but also socially more active within the communitee.

-Shadow9997

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow9997 For Your Post:

Thread Information