The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

TweetyBird

Tweety needs to get off her perch and start reading and studying the entire Bible.

Peter said he was sent to the Gentiles, in the very book which MAD states is for the Jews.

All of the apostles were sent to the Gentiles, as Jesus commanded them, in the very books which MAD states are for the Jews.

The OT states that Jesus will be a light to the Gentiles and Jesus quoted from Isaiah to confirm it.

Matt 12
14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him. 15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; 16 and charged them that they should not make him known: 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. 19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets. 20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. 21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Isa 42
I the Lord have called thee in righteousness,
and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee,
and give thee for a covenant of the people,
for a light of the Gentiles;
to open the blind eyes,
to bring out the prisoners from the prison,
and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

That is why Jesus said:

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Isaiah also prophesied:

Isaiah 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isaiah 60:3
And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

Simeon reiterated the prophecy:

Luke 2
25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. 26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. 27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, 28 then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace,
according to thy word:
for mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
a light to lighten the Gentiles,
and the glory of thy people Israel.

Paul also quoted this passage:

Acts 13
46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. 49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.

And again, Paul speaks of Christ showing light to the Gentiles.

Acts 26
22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: 23 that Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Hawkins

The message of salvation itself is not complicated. However, the theology behind it is not that simple or else Paul needs not to be called. Paul has theologically clarified what the New Covenant is.

A religion becomes the only mean for such a theology in bulk to be conveyed to today's humans.

To put it another way, even though the message of salvation is not difficult to get such that everyone can be saved disregarding his IQ level. However, it's never easy to understand the Bible as a whole.

Robert Pate

Banned
The message of salvation itself is not complicated. However, the theology behind it is not that simple or else Paul needs not to be called. Paul has theologically clarified what the New Covenant is.

A religion becomes the only mean for such a theology in bulk to be conveyed to today's humans.

To put it another way, even though the message of salvation is not difficult to get such that everyone can be saved disregarding his IQ level. However, it's never easy to understand the Bible as a whole.

Once one understands the Gospel and justification by faith, the Bible becomes very easy to understand.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter said he was sent to the Gentiles, in the very book which MAD states is for the Jews.

All of the apostles were sent to the Gentiles, as Jesus commanded them, in the very books which MAD states are for the Jews.

The OT states that Jesus will be a light to the Gentiles and Jesus quoted from Isaiah to confirm it.

Matt 12
14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him. 15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; 16 and charged them that they should not make him known: 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. 19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets. 20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. 21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Isa 42
I the Lord have called thee in righteousness,
and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee,
and give thee for a covenant of the people,
for a light of the Gentiles;
to open the blind eyes,
to bring out the prisoners from the prison,
and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

That is why Jesus said:

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Isaiah also prophesied:

Isaiah 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isaiah 60:3
And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

Simeon reiterated the prophecy:

Luke 2
25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. 26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. 27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, 28 then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace,
according to thy word:
for mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
a light to lighten the Gentiles,
and the glory of thy people Israel.

Paul also quoted this passage:

Acts 13
46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. 49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.

And again, Paul speaks of Christ showing light to the Gentiles.

Acts 26
22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: 23 that Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Very true and good work.

LA

God's Truth

Yeah what was Peter doing eating with all those Gentiles if he didn't speak a word to them about Jesus and the message that saves?

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Peter

It was Peter who was sent to Cornelius' house to give him the message that SAVES.

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.

The MADists teach that Peter did not preach the one and only gospel that saves, but Peter did preach it, and even taught it to Gentiles.

God's Truth

It is not that hard to understand. False teachers made it harder than it is.

God's Truth

TB, I'm afraid you're completely incorrigible. I tried but, obviously, you have some sort of defense mechanism set up in your brain that won't allow truth to enter.

Maybe you are the one who doesn't let the truth enter. Tell me what Peter was doing eating with Gentiles. When the Apostles would go to house to house preaching the gospel, they would be invited to eat.

So explain to me how Peter did not preach to the Gentiles the gospel message that saves, yet he went in their homes and ate with them.

Acts 5:42
Every day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they did not stop teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Maybe you are the one who doesn't let the truth enter. Tell me what Peter was doing eating with Gentiles. When the Apostles would go to house to house preaching the gospel, they would be invited to eat.

So explain to me how Peter did not preach to the Gentiles the gospel message that saves, yet he went in their homes and ate with them.

Acts 5:42
Every day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they did not stop teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.

Perhaps he enjoyed their company? Peter was only preaching "The Kingdom Message" and that Message didn't pertain to the Gentiles anyway.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul's "Grace Gospel" didn't come about until after Paul met "The Ascended Jesus Christ" on the road to Damascus. "The Grace Message" was for the Gentiles.

God's Truth

Paul's "Grace Gospel" didn't come about until after Paul met "The Ascended Jesus Christ" on the road to Damascus. "The Grace Message" was for the Gentiles.

No, Paul himself did not get to hear the grace gospel ALREADY preached way before until he met the ascended Christ on the road to Damascus.

Last edited: