climate change

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NOAA/NASA have a little problem.

NOAA/NASA changed their data from the 1930's, but the EPA forgot to change their data from the 1930's

high-low-temps-figure1-2014.png

rexlunae

Don't you realize how ridiculous you sound?

I'm aware how easy it is for people who don't care about the truth to distort, yes. And in your efforts to distort the science, you reveal your own dishonesty.

You're trying to tell us that they took the temperatures from 1934 and somehow "revised" them 70 years later.

They revised how they calculated values. They use a homogenization algorithm to interpret the data, and those algorithms are actually subject to peer review. You can actually download the code (in Fortran) at the link I posted for the different versions.

This is why NOAA is a joke, and everyone who believes in man made global warming is a fool.

No, this is why people who don't have the attention span to read up should just listen to the experts.

PhilipJames

So now you're going to attempt to compare the man made global warming hoax to Geocentrism vs. Heliocentrism?

hi tete! (hope you don't mind the abbreviation ;) )

Actually its not a bad comparison if you equate those who point to solar activity as cause of climate change, with Galileo...

:D
PJ

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Something tells me Orwell wasn't talking about an organization that posts what they do on the Internet.

NOAA/NASA changes historical data.

The charts and graphs found on NOAA today are different than the charts and graphs from 15 years ago.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
NOAA/NASA have a little problem.

NOAA/NASA changed their data from the 1930's, but the EPA forgot to change their data from the 1930's

You've fallen for one of the oldest denier tricks. They showed you U.S. data instead of global data.

When you start thinking for yourself, you'll be a lot harder to fool.

BTW, the climate change in the "Dust Bowl" was man-made. Would you like to learn about that?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Something tells me Orwell wasn't talking about an organization that posts what they do on the Internet.

Do you know that NOAA used to supply a feed to organizations like PBS that showed record highs, lows, rain, & snowfall?

For some reason in 2013 NOAA stopped supplying the feed that showed record lows.

NOAA had no problem providing a map showing record highs, but since 2013 NOAA has a problem providing a map showing record lows.

Why do you think they did this?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And Rocket fell for another bit of denier dishonesty. The faked cover is on the left.
wpid-Photo-Jun-7-2012-1224-PM1.jpg

Here's the real cover:
1101070409_400.jpg

Here's the lowdown:
http://science.time.com/2013/06/06/sorry-a-time-magazine-cover-did-not-predict-a-coming-ice-age/

But the hoax does touch on an important part of climate science — and one that’s often misunderstood by skeptics. Call it the Ice Age Fallacy. Skeptics argue that back in the 1970s both popular media and some scientists were far more worried about global cooling than they were about global warming. For some reason a Newsweek article on the next ice age, published back in 1975, gets a lot of the attention, though TIME did a version of the story, as did a number of other media outlets. The rationale goes this way: the fact that scientists were once supposedly so concerned about global cooling, which didn’t come true, just shows that we shouldn’t worry about the new fears of climate change.

But as John Cook points out over at Skeptical Science, global cooling was much more an invention of the media than it was a real scientific concern. A survey of peer-reviewed scientific papers published between 1965 and 1979 shows that the large majority of research at the time predicted that the earth would warm as carbon-dioxide levels rose — as indeed it has. And some of those global-cooling projections were based on the idea that aerosol levels in the atmosphere — which are a product of air pollution from sources like coal burning and which contribute to cooling by deflecting sunlight in the atmosphere — would keep rising. But thanks to environmental legislation like the Clean Air Acts, global air-pollution levels — not including greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide — peaked in the 1970s and began declining.

Remember: Learn to think for yourself, and you won't be so easy to fool.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You've fallen for one of the oldest denier tricks. They showed you U.S. data instead of global data.

Look at the top of the graph, and notice it says "U.S Temperature"

1998changesannotated.gif

When you start thinking for yourself, you'll be a lot harder to fool.

I'm showing what NOAA showed.

The EPA doesn't show global anything. The EPA is strictly a USA organization.

NOAA changed the historical data of the 1930's USA temperatures. The EPA didn't change theirs.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do you know that NOAA used to supply a feed to organizations like PBS that showed record highs, lows, rain, & snowfall?

For some reason in 2013 NOAA stopped supplying the feed that showed record lows.

NOAA had no problem providing a map showing record highs, but since 2013 NOAA has a problem providing a map showing record lows.

Why do you think they did this?

They still publish that data.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/records

Maybe it's PBS. I don't usually watch it, so hard to say.
(Barbarian checks)

noaa-ncdc-daily-record-cool-min-temps-jan14.png

noaa-ncdc-daily-record-warm-max-temps-jan14.png

Looks like you got snookered once again.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles:

Look at the top of the graph, and notice it says "U.S Temperature"

Yeah, but I was giving you the benefit of a doubt. I assumed someone else misled you into presenting US data when we were talking about global temps.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
And Rocket fell for another bit of denier dishonesty. The faked cover is on the left.

I did, yet it is not dishonest that these same climate experts were propagating a very different lie in the mid seventies. It was National Geographic that wrote on the coming ice age not Time in 1976...my mistake. :e4e:

I have posted some real newspaper clips in the place of the faux Time covers.

As you post dishonest graphs & drivel which are produced from models not reality. You are the fool for continuing to propagate this hoax.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Rocket learns that most climatologists in the 70s, worried about global warming)

(Rocket counters with a newspaper article citing unnamed "scientists.")

Yep. But marginally better than big cartoons, and posting faked magazine covers, I suppose.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I don't really care about the opinion of people who are mostly of atheists.

Most of these people and organizations that you speak of deny that God created the earth.
************************************************************************************************************

Genesis 1:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Psalm 93:1 King James Version (KJV)
93 The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

Psalm 96:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

Psalm 104:5 New International Version (NIV)
5 He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.

1 Chronicles 16:30King James Version (KJV)
30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Ecclesiastes 1:5 King James Version (KJ21)
5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteneth to his place where he arose.

Isaiah 11:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Ezekiel 1:22–26 King James Version (KJV)
22 The likeness of the firmament above the heads of the living creatures was like the color of an awesome crystal, stretched out over their heads.
23 And under the firmament their wings spread out straight, one toward another. Each one had two which covered one side, and each one had two which covered the other side of the body.

24 When they went, I heard the noise of their wings, flike the noise of many waters, like gthe voice of the Almighty, a tumult like the noise of an army; and when they stood still, they let down their wings.
25 A voice came from above the firmament that was over their heads; whenever they stood, they let down their wings.
26 And above the firmament over their heads was the likeness of a throne, iin appearance like a sapphire stone; on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of a man high above jit.

Daniel 4:10-11 New International Version (NIV)
10 These are the visions I saw while lying in bed: I looked, and there before me stood a tree in the middle of the land. Its height was enormous.
11 The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.

Matthew 4:8King James Version (KJV)
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Revelation 1:7 King James Bible
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei
Based on a literal interpretation of the Bible, both the Vatican and Martin Luther concluded that a "geocentric" view of the universe was the Biblically correct interpretation.

Given that Galileo was condemned as a heretic, shouldn't "tetelestai" be of the opinion that the earth is flat and the universe "geocentric" - the "heliocentric" view should be dismissed because it was forwarded by "atheistic" scientists?"

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Rocket posts a faked denier magazine cover)

Barbarian suggests:

As you post dishonest graphs & drivel

Feel free to call me out on any you think are wrong. We'll talk about it one more time. But don't expect it to turn out differently this time. The evidence is still there.

which are produced from models not reality.

I've shown you actual GISS data. C'mon. Do you think no one noticed?

You are the fool for continuing to propagate this hoax.

Right now, you should be very subdued when the word "hoax" comes up. You know what I mean?