Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear gcthomas and Hedshaker,

Check out my Post above. It will help you to feel hopeful. I didn't want to tell you earlier because I was hoping that you would change your beliefs without saying it. Yes, it looks like you will all go somewhere, to hell or a waiting place as dust in the grave. But your soul shall be alive. You shall be a new person and not know of your previous lifetime. See the scripture that I mentioned to Ty. It is even written in Rev. 20:13KJV that even those in Hell will be given up and judged according to their works and whether they are written of in the Book of Life. I'm not here trying to save lost souls for nothing, and that is the same as 6days, Rosenritter, patrick jane, Cross Reference, Interplanner, Lon, etc. We care about those who are fallen. And we try to convince you of another fourth dimension that you don't yet know about. You will find out soon enough though.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

Last edited:

Tyrathca

But you are saying that God is not Who He should be. In essence, you are sounding like you're naming that a God exists, but you think His ways are wrong for an omnipotent god to think.
It's a hypothetical. Much like critiquing a novel based on unrealistic actions taken by a character.
You've got to understand that God doesn't care about your good works as much as He cares about you even believing that He exists.
I understand the claim. I just find it odd that a god would care so much about a thing. It sounds more like something a petty and vain human would think, which makes me tend to think that the bible was merely the creation of petty and vain humans who let these thoughts seep into their beliefs and writings (ever notice that almost everyone thinks God agrees with them regardless of which god and which time period?)
How do you expect God to be nice to you when you don't even believe He exists.
Ummmmm.... I'm nice to people even when they don't know I exist (and may never know I exist). Does that make me a better "person" than god? :chuckle:
Shall He give you the same reward to you as He would give to someone who believed in Him and loved Him, and adored Him??
The real question is should he be giving out rewards based on that in the first place and that's not even getting onto the whole you should be punished if you fail to know something.
He is so easy to love because He is not so unfair as you think.
The idea I should suffer a fate worse than death, a fate we humans don't even inflict on even our most hated enemies, just because I didn't know to pander to his ego does not seem "fair".

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's a hypothetical. Much like critiquing a novel based on unrealistic actions taken by a character.
I understand the claim. I just find it odd that a god would care so much about a thing. It sounds more like something a petty and vain human would think, which makes me tend to think that the bible was merely the creation of petty and vain humans who let these thoughts seep into their beliefs and writings (ever notice that almost everyone thinks God agrees with them regardless of which god and which time period?)
Ummmmm.... I'm nice to people even when they don't know I exist (and may never know I exist). Does that make me a better "person" than god? :chuckle:
The real question is should he be giving out rewards based on that in the first place and that's not even getting onto the whole you should be punished if you fail to know something.
The idea I should suffer a fate worse than death, a fate we humans don't even inflict on even our most hated enemies, just because I didn't know to pander to his ego does not seem "fair".

Dear Ty,

I will have to get back to you tomorrow to answer this. I'm overwhelmingly tired/sleepy and have no choice. It is 3a.m. here, but I'm beat. Thanks, Brother!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It's not like that at all. It isn't fiction, for one thing! You just don't get it.

dear Tyrathca, I have already prayed to my God for you a number of times, including some others on this TOL site. I believe you will all go to Heaven in the end. God answers prayer, and I know this, so I intercede. I'm not talking to you atheists for nothing. I am a fisher of men, teaching them things that will happen in the future, and how to react to them. But you still remain ignorant of certain things, which I try to tell you about. God Loves You, I love you. Love is God and of God. There would be no Love, except for God and given by Him. You don't know a lot of things yet, Ty. God forgives your lack of real knowledge because I ask Him to save you because you don't know what you are doing. But by the end of all of this, you will know, and thus, do just fine indeed. So, I guess I don't have to answer the rest of your post. I've told you things you didn't realize and have answered your questions. I could go on, but that's for another time. Let this all sink in first.

I've told God that you haven't learned about Him properly when you were growing up and it is unfair for you to not go to Heaven, because you didn't have the same "medicine" that I had growing up and believing in Him. Someone in your past didn't teach you correctly and so you have rebelled. I've asked Him to forgive you for that and to please help you to learn what is going on. You're doing just fine by sharing with us. It means you care, to be honest!! God Sees That!! I am a man, but I can forgive others by my choice, and so I have forgiven you of all of your shortcomings. God answers prayer and does not give you a stone if you ask for a piece of bread. You're going to be just fine. Man is allowed to forgive one another. It is written and it is so. Because you have an interest to learn about God, even though you say you don't want to, He sees your actions and your rebellion, and He knows how you came to feel this way. He is not an ogre. You have done nothing wrong to even speak of. Are you a member of ISIS. Now, they are going to hell. But not you. You don't have the same sins as they do. Though you may not acknowledge that you want God, He is there for you nevertheless, because He knows your stubbornness and so do I. Many Blessings From Your Father In Heaven,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're not on a timer, you can take as long (or as short) as you want. Why you're even up at 3am mystifies me (unless you do night shifts)

Dear Tyrathca,

Yes, I am a night owl. I am up until 3a.m. or more sometimes, and I get up around 10 a.m. or noon. I prefer it. I've always been this way with all of my jobs. Me having God is better at night. God finds more time for me then, when so many others are asleep here. Yes, I know that He also takes care of the people that are still awake around the world, but I do know of what I speak. I favor these hours. Always have. The early bird gets the worm. I don't want a worm. I want God to have a man's soul. That is my desire.

Much Love And God Bless!!

Michael

Tyrathca

It's not like that at all. It isn't fiction, for one thing! You just don't get it.
I am aware that it is not intended as a work of fiction. However given I don't believe the book is factual then from my point of view it appears fictional.
I've told you things you didn't realize and have answered your questions. I could go on, but that's for another time. Let this all sink in first.
Ummm.... Michael you have told me nothing that I haven't heard from numerous people before you and answered none of my questions......
I've told God that you haven't learned about Him properly when you were growing up and it is unfair for you to not go to Heaven, because you didn't have the same "medicine" that I had growing up and believing in Him.
While it is true I never grew up believing I did learn about Christianity, I just didn't believe any of it.
Someone in your past didn't teach you correctly and so you have rebelled.
If that's what you think.... To me I don't see how I could rebel against something I never believed in.
You're doing just fine by sharing with us. It means you care, to be honest!! God Sees That!!
Actually it means I am bored, that's why I come to TOL :chuckle:
You have done nothing wrong to even speak of. Are you a member of ISIS. Now, they are going to hell. But not you. You don't have the same sins as they do.
There are many Christians who would disagree with you on that.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am aware that it is not intended as a work of fiction. However given I don't believe the book is factual then from my point of view it appears fictional.
Ummm.... Michael you have told me nothing that I haven't heard from numerous people before you and answered none of my questions......
While it is true I never grew up believing I did learn about Christianity, I just didn't believe any of it.
If that's what you think.... To me I don't see how I could rebel against something I never believed in.
Actually it means I am bored, that's why I come to TOL :chuckle:
There are many Christians who would disagree with you on that.

Dear Tyrathca,

Sorry it took so long to eat my Corned Beef on Rye, with Tomato and Romaine Lettuce, and Mayo. Yummmm!! The corned beef was fresh cooked from a whole one. I cooked it for 3 hours.

Hey Ty, it doesn't matter to me if some Christians won't believe. I will show you something. I and God tries to scare you all to believe in Him so you don't burn. If you got to the point that you were pure evil, then you would burn. But for you simple atheists, your sin is not that severe, even though you've been told otherwise. We've been trying to scare you into believing. But that didn't work.

The real fact is that, as you might notice in Rev. 20:12-13KJV, "and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to THEIR WORKS." Your works are hardly enough that you should burn forever. "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and HELL DELIVERED UP the dead which were in them; and they were judged every man according to their works."

I know that those in Hell shall be judged according to their works. Many of those who are in Hell have paid their dues and their sins are hardly as bad as our sins during these times. So many in Hell will make it to Heaven. God is not mean or unfair. It is written that the only ones going into the lake of fire are the false prophet {Jean-Pierre Girard} and the beast {antichrist, Uri Geller}, and those 666 who had the mark of the beast in their foreheads to do 'miracles.' Ha, some miracles. They weren't hardly like Jesus' miracles. Also Satan will be cast in the lake of fire. And some will go there too, like Hitler, Mussolini, etc. Not many will be going, as you might notice by all that I have just said. Your sins won't keep you out of Heaven. Your works are not THAT BAD!! If you were an ISIS member decapitating Christian heads off their bodies, then you might have to worry!! We've tried to lead you away from Satan. He is the one who tries to make you an atheist. You are just following the wrong example. No big whoop! Anyway, Ty, I could say more, but I hope this will do for now. Check out the verses I've mentioned and some of them close by and you'll see what I mean. The lake of fire is our 'sun.' It is very hot there. Well, I will close for now.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

Yes, I know you don't understand or want to.

Me

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, Ty, I love you as a person, as I am taught by Jesus to love my fellow man because we are all related from Adam and Eve, and Noah and his family. I know what Love is. You take care for now. It's 6 a.m. here, so I need to go to bed. God Bless Your Soul And The Energy/Spirit Within It!!

Michael

Rosenritter

So apart from belief or disbelief, you are analyzing to see if the character and claims are consistent. Seems fair enough.

The bible has quite a few instances where God did not agree with the "protagonists" or even the authors of the record. A few examples that come to mind include Job, Jonah, and John. Job was rebuked by God, Jonah ... (well, read Jonah, it's only four chapters), and John was among the disciples that fled when Jesus was taken and did not fully believe until after he had risen.

I am going to disagree with Michael here and say that I think there is something to be said for good works and love to fellow man that might matter a little more than simply believing that God exists. The parable of the "sheep and the goats" comes to mind.

Mat 25:34-40 KJV
(34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
(37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
(38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
(39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Notice that he does not say "you failed to believe I exist" but "You didn't realize it but when you did this to your fellow brethren in need you did this unto me."

The real question is should he be giving out rewards based on that in the first place and that's not even getting onto the whole you should be punished if you fail to know something. The idea I should suffer a fate worse than death, a fate we humans don't even inflict on even our most hated enemies, just because I didn't know to pander to his ego does not seem "fair".

I will also disagree here and say that God doesn't reserve fates worse than death for anyone. Death is the ultimate worst fate and final punishment.

Rom 6:23 KJV
(23) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Notice that it does not say "the wages of sin are never ending torment" but "the wages of sin is death" and contrasts this against its opposite "eternal life."

If you are judging whether God is consistent with himself, I would like to make a case that the God of the Bible have a fair chance in this competition as well. That is, God should be judged by what he's said and written, not just what people say or the traditions they have about him.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So apart from belief or disbelief, you are analyzing to see if the character and claims are consistent. Seems fair enough.

The bible has quite a few instances where God did not agree with the "protagonists" or even the authors of the record. A few examples that come to mind include Job, Jonah, and John. Job was rebuked by God, Jonah ... (well, read Jonah, it's only four chapters), and John was among the disciples that fled when Jesus was taken and did not fully believe until after he had risen.

I am going to disagree with Michael here and say that I think there is something to be said for good works and love to fellow man that might matter a little more than simply believing that God exists. The parable of the "sheep and the goats" comes to mind.

Mat 25:34-40 KJV
(34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
(37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
(38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
(39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Notice that he does not say "you failed to believe I exist" but "You didn't realize it but when you did this to your fellow brethren in need you did this unto me."

I will also disagree here and say that God doesn't reserve fates worse than death for anyone. Death is the ultimate worst fate and final punishment.

Rom 6:23 KJV
(23) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Notice that it does not say "the wages of sin are never ending torment" but "the wages of sin is death" and contrasts this against its opposite "eternal life."

If you are judging whether God is consistent with himself, I would like to make a case that the God of the Bible have a fair chance in this competition as well. That is, God should be judged by what he's said and written, not just what people say or the traditions they have about him.
Great post Rosenritter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AntQuick

Creationism is ridiculous and embarrassing. The ancient church never took genesis in a dumbed down and literal way. Read the confessions of st. Augustine , the last chapter. And read an over looked work by mr. Drummond called The Ascent of man to see a true scientific mind and Christian thought on evolution.

6days

AntQuick said:
Creationism is ridiculous and embarrassing.
Jesus wasn't embarassed God's Word... why are you?
AntQuick said:
The ancient church never took genesis in a dumbed down and literal way.
For the most part, the early church fathers accepted God's Word at face value. They did not try dumb it down or compromise it with secular ideas.
AntQuick said:
Read the confessions of st. Augustine , the last chapter.
Or.... read the Bible, the first chapter.

Augustine was a good theologian but not a Hebrew scholar. He used his latin Bible to come to the incorrect conclusion God created in an instant. (Not billions of years) *Augustine did however understand the Gospel and the significance the geneologies connecting first Adam to the last Adam ( young earth)
AntQuick said:
And read an over looked work by mr. Drummond called The Ascent of man to see a true scientific mind and Christian thought on evolution.
Or... read the Bible.*
If Drummond suggests death, pain, suffering existed before Adam sinned, then he does not understand the Gospel and the purpose of Christs physical death.*

Rosenritter

Creationism is ridiculous and embarrassing. The ancient church never took genesis in a dumbed down and literal way. Read the confessions of st. Augustine , the last chapter. And read an over looked work by mr. Drummond called The Ascent of man to see a true scientific mind and Christian thought on evolution.

Jesus took Genesis in a literal way.

Matthew 19:3-4 KJV
(3) The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
(4) And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Mark 10:5-6 KJV
(5) And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
(6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

If it's good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus took Genesis in a literal way.

Matthew 19:3-4 KJV
(3) The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
(4) And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Mark 10:5-6 KJV
(5) And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
(6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

If it's good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me.

Dear Brethren,

I'm sorry that I cannot post to anyone's post until 2morrow. I have to get to bed early 2nite because I have a dental appt. 2morrow. I don't want to oversleep and miss it. But I will say that Jesus put forth a parable about the rich man burning in Hell for his sins and asking if Lazarus could give him a drop of water. So, if a rich man burns in Hell, I'm sure he's not alone. So the wages of sin are sometimes more severe than just death. Otherwise, Jesus would not have put forth this parable. More later. God Bless Each Of You For Your Caring And Compassion!!

Michael

Rosenritter

Dear Brethren,

I'm sorry that I cannot post to anyone's post until 2morrow. I have to get to bed early 2nite because I have a dental appt. 2morrow. I don't want to oversleep and miss it. But I will say that Jesus put forth a parable about the rich man burning in Hell for his sins and asking if Lazarus could give him a drop of water. So, if a rich man burns in Hell, I'm sure he's not alone. So the wages of sin are sometimes more severe than just death. Otherwise, Jesus would not have put forth this parable. More later. God Bless Each Of You For Your Caring And Compassion!!

Michael

He was alone in the parable. A parable, mind you, that invoked the Greek Hades. Look to your Greek, the word was Hades. Read classical Greek literature if you are unfamiliar with what the heathen realm of Hades was like. Sort of interesting that the Jew winds up in the Greek Hades, don't you think?

If you are interested in what else God has said about death, hell, which shares the word hades in Greek, it is death, described as darkness, silence, the grave, and agrees with the Old Testament which further describes it as a state without knowledge, hatred, love, or envy.

I can tell a joke about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny at the North Pole without affirming a teaching in any of those elements as doctrine. Most people wouldn't mistake it as such. They'd look for the meaning contained within, rather than mistaking the obviously fictional elements as a geography lesson.

redfern

… God should be judged by what he's said and written, not just what people say or the traditions they have about him.

I am not aware that we really know much of what God said or wrote. Did He write anything Himself beyond the Ten Commandments in stone? And as to what He said, that is what people said He said, and even that was committed to writing often many years after it was supposedly spoken.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He was alone in the parable. A parable, mind you, that invoked the Greek Hades. Look to your Greek, the word was Hades. Read classical Greek literature if you are unfamiliar with what the heathen realm of Hades was like. Sort of interesting that the Jew winds up in the Greek Hades, don't you think?

If you are interested in what else God has said about death, hell, which shares the word hades in Greek, it is death, described as darkness, silence, the grave, and agrees with the Old Testament which further describes it as a state without knowledge, hatred, love, or envy.

I can tell a joke about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny at the North Pole without affirming a teaching in any of those elements as doctrine. Most people wouldn't mistake it as such. They'd look for the meaning contained within, rather than mistaking the obviously fictional elements as a geography lesson.

Dear Rosenritter,

Hey!! It doesn't really matter to me if it says Hades or Hell. The fact is that the rich man, not necessarily a Jew, said he was "tormented in this flame." And that Abraham might let Lazarus dip his finger in some water and give the rich man a drop of water. See Luke 16:23-24KJV. I don't know what you are trying to tell me, Rosen. It says the rich man died and found himself cast into hell. So that we can discern that entering death could actually be entering hell also. Depending on what God decides. Hell is a temporary place for men's souls to go to. Being cast into the lake of fire is tons worse. It's final. For it is written that hell shall give up the dead in her and they shall then be judged by their works. But, when it mentions the lake of fire in the Bible, it always says 'forever' or 'eternally.' See Rev. 19:20KJV and Rev. 20:13KJV. Study the Bible a bit. It is less than a parable rather than a statement of fact. Also, Jesus quoted from Isaiah when He started His mission. So He must have felt the Bible held truth, not falsehoods. That's also the reason why I think that when Jesus came, He knew what was written in the Bible so far and did not disagree with it, and not Genesis either. I believe Jesus had all of the books of the Old Testament, and Jesus didn't mention Genesis saying Moses had written things in error. When God wants something written, it usually gets done. Well, will close for now. Hope this helps, rather than not.

Praise Jesus!!

Michael

Rosenritter

I am not aware that we really know much of what God said or wrote. Did He write anything Himself beyond the Ten Commandments in stone? And as to what He said, that is what people said He said, and even that was committed to writing often many years after it was supposedly spoken.

For purposes of discussion, count God as the director and ultimate author of the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV
(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
(17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Peter 1:20-21 KJV
(20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
(21) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Surely Genesis through Revelation would be sufficient without adding on a couple thousand years of human added-on traditions and philosophies? As men are prone to do, to remake God in their own image. The scripture should be sufficient.

Matthew 15:9 KJV
(9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

So, if you want to see if the God of the bible is a consistent character, let's be careful to stick with what the bible says and not to assume what people have added on after the fact.

Rosenritter

Dear Rosenritter,

Hey!! It doesn't really matter to me if it says Hades or Hell. The fact is that the rich man, not necessarily a Jew, said he was "tormented in this flame." And that Abraham might let Lazarus dip his finger in some water and give the rich man a drop of water. See Luke 16:23-24KJV. I don't know what you are trying to tell me, Rosen. It says the rich man died and found himself cast into hell. So that we can discern that entering death could actually be entering hell also. Depending on what God decides. Hell is a temporary place for men's souls to go to. Being cast into the lake of fire is tons worse. It's final. For it is written that hell shall give up the dead in her and they shall then be judged by their works. But, when it mentions the lake of fire in the Bible, it always says 'forever' or 'eternally.' See Rev. 19:20KJV and Rev. 20:13KJV. Study the Bible a bit. It is less than a parable rather than a statement of fact. Also, Jesus quoted from Isaiah when He started His mission. So He must have felt the Bible held truth, not falsehoods. That's also the reason why I think that when Jesus came, He knew what was written in the Bible so far and did not disagree with it, and not Genesis either. I believe Jesus had all of the books of the Old Testament, and Jesus didn't mention Genesis saying Moses had written things in error. When God wants something written, it usually gets done. Well, will close for now. Hope this helps, rather than not.

Praise Jesus!!

Michael

Michael, if you were in the middle of fire, would you be able to have a coherent conversation, and would you ask for a drop of water for someone else to bring for you? The setting is obviously satirical. Yes, it does make a difference whether Jesus is speaking of the prophesied hell fire (gehenna) or the mythological hell of the Greeks and Roman gentiles (Hades). When Jesus speaks of the fire of judgment he doesn't use hades.

Mark 9:47 GNT-TR
(47) και εαν ο οφθαλμος σου σκανδαλιζη σε εκβαλε αυτον καλον σοι εστιν μονοφθαλμον εισελθειν εις την βασιλειαν του θεου η δυο οφθαλμους εχοντα βληθηναι εις την γεενναν του πυρος

That's the word for hell (the fiery type) above in red. That's not a term that can be possibly used with satirical or mythological reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.