unfinished business

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Gal. 1:8,9

The 'kingdom gospel' is accursed.
Romans 11:28 KJV
(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The new Jerusalem is in heaven during the millennium and the earth is desolated and is the prison home of Satan and his angels. But according to the all wise John Darby the saints will be slicing the throats of animals in some millennial temple. If the new Jerusalem is in heaven during the 1000 years it stands to reason the saints will be there as well. Do you people have any clue how absurd your beliefs really are? The millennial temple in particular is really out there in LaLa land.

SDA bunk.

musterion

Anyone who believes a woman who had a thing about pants was a modern day prophet and that worshiping on a particular day of the week is, or will be, the Mark of the Beast, then yeah, that person is in a cult.

Interplanner

I don't care much for call out threads, but LA keeps interrupting conversations by closing threads so I opened this one. Nang wrote the following after I cited a verse to GM that answered his question concerning her and what I thought suited her quite well (shown below).

2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Over and over, Nang is shown scripture that is contrary to what she is saying and she resists the truth.

We can see from Nang's quote below that she completely missed the point of what I was trying to convey and the point of the passage. She put the focus on what Moses taught which is not the point, but about those that resist the truth. Here's the quote and here I can respond to Nang without interference from LA.

Nang writes:
Nang, there is no such thing as "one, true Gospel of Jesus Christ". There are many gospels in the Bible and they are all true. To which gospel are you referring? Since you believe that Moses, as you say, "proclaimed the one, true Gospel of Jesus Christ too", please show us all by the scriptures where Moses preached the righteousness of God without the law, even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) that is revealed in the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16-17 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as Paul preached?

And as to my telling you that the gospel of your salvation is not found in Luke, or Matthew, Mark, John for that matter! It was a mystery until revealed to and though the apostle Paul (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) you replied with nothing, but the same ole emotional upheaval we are all so used to

The gospel that is the power of God to save was given to the apostle Paul by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). That does not make it the same gospel that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. Paul explained why it was a mystery as I showed you by the scripture, but again you resist the truth.

You also said:

to which I responded, "Disagreeing with you is NOT to declare God a liar, just you!" and here you come again,

The gospel the Lord preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is the gospel of the kingdom (Matthew 4:23 KJV). It is not the gospel of our salvation and we aren't the "His people" there (Matthew 15:24 KJV, John 4:22 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV). Here we are then, in time past (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). So what is the gospel of your salvation?

While it is true that there are several good announcements (the best known from OT times would be the decree to return to Israel from Babylon), there is only one Gospel in the arena of salvation.

When you see what Paul is saying in Gal 3 about the "two men" and their covenant (God and Christ), you realize that this one Gospel has indeed been out there that far back. If it weren't, the Bible would have a serious unity problem.

It sounds like there is also a serious misunderstanding of the mystery. You think the Gospel of justification is a mystery not known during the ministry of Christ, and that such passages as Eph 3, Rom 16, I Cor 2 are about that.

I could go into the grammar, but I guess you have not noticed the thread on Eph 3 that says that both the grammar and the sense cannot support what you are saying. Even if the grammar did not say that the Gospel was HOW the benefits were shared, the point of 3:6 is that they WERE and were intended to. So nothing was injected, interposed, interrupted. But the fact that this came true through the Gospel is a mystery, to be sure, but not the kind you are thinking.

In all these cases, the kind of mystery Paul had in mind was that the passage was normally read 'veiled' and read so often that way, that the previous generations could not see that Christ was meant. This is why Lk 24 (the quote in issue above) is such a sharp distinction. All of it is about Christ. (Your response there was pretty poor, even if she was defensive). It was all too easy for those in Israel to read nothing but Israel and especially the Law in the post-exilic period when Israel had to be more careful than ever, they thought. They did that because they didn't quite grasp Dan 9 or Is 53.

Dan 9 and Is 53 both destroy the idea that Christ was absent in the OT, but it took courage and a moral challenge to see it. In Dan 9 the prayer for Israel assumes that the 'answer' is going to be a thriving and prospering Israel. Through forgiveness. But the vision is not so. There is forgiveness through atonement in Messiah, but the city and temple are destroyed. Very eye-opening.

As for Is 53, I'm sure you know that most of Israel read that as being about their exile. But that does miss a lot, both in ordinary language in Is 40-66 as well as some extended analogies like the one used in Gal 4, Sarah and Hagar.

One translation problem has stuck out in Rom 16, which is the phrase about the previous times in 25. If translated 'since creation' you might have a point. But it is simply 'for long ages past' because unfortunately the Law does that. There was so much involved in practicing it that it was easy to forget it was only a shadow of the Reality.

The NT opens by cracking through that veil with 'Behold the Lamb of God.' It would be hard to miss the meaning of this in Judaism, and it begins (precedes!) the ministry of Christ, whose first miracle was to cross-prove the authority to forgive sins. It is therefore extrememly difficult to show 'other gospels' in the NT.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hint: No one has been saved by anything Paul said or did.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Anyone, anywhere can be saved by what Paul declared above. Get saved by trusting the Lord believing IT!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul's message to the Galatians was the same as his message to everyone: "Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ who gave Himself for our sins that He might deliver us from this present evil age according to the will of our God and Father to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen." (Galatians 1:3-5)

Paul went on to explain that is the one and only true gospel message that he received from his Savior.
You made the bolded part up. WHere did Paul say that?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Eppie is SDA? Well that explains everything.

So, that accounts for his "Non-Acceptance" of the Grace Gospel.

Ayup. Sure would.

He's basically a cult member then.

Anyone who believes a woman who had a thing about pants was a modern day prophet and that worshiping on a particular day of the week is, or will be, the Mark of the Beast, then yeah, that person is in a cult.

I don't know that Epoi is SDA.

All I was saying is that the idea that Satan's confinement to a desolated earth during the millennium is an SDA teaching.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The NT opens by cracking through that veil with 'Behold the Lamb of God.' It would be hard to miss the meaning of this in Judaism, and it begins (precedes!) the ministry of Christ, whose first miracle was to cross-prove the authority to forgive sins. It is therefore extrememly difficult to show 'other gospels' in the NT.
Your whole theological outlook is contained in just a handful of scriptures - you need to learn so much more

heir

TOL Subscriber
There's only one gospel and it ain't the 'Kingdom gospel' aka the Judaizing heresy.
As I told you before,
You're wrong. Your failure to rightly divide the word of truth is the problem! The gospel of the kingdom was a very real gospel. The Lord Himself preached it (Matthew 4:23 KJV).
The kingdom gospel is not the gospel of YOUR salvation. What is?