İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
God is righteous, so he will not ignore justice, but He love us enough to price the for us. What an awesome God!

What is more satanic is thinking you can earn paradise, when you are not perfect as God is perfect.

He had a plan. Christ's crucifixion occurred when it did because there were things He wanted to establish before that. Read the bible!

:D

It boils down to this.

God has no higher authority. He sets down the rules. The rule is clear. To remove the consequence and punishment for sin all you have to do is to repent. A human judge is not a lawmaker. God is a lawmaker. I don't see why God needs to kill us for our sins if we repent to him. That's ungodly.

What is more satanic is to limit God's forgiveness and to obstacle it with a threat of death. God is the most forgiven and it is by His forgiveness and nothing else that we earn Paradise.

God does not change His ways - more so the key to salvation! The key to forgiveness was, is and always will be the same. REPENTANCE

:)

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
"islam jihad", "muslim terrorist" - beautiful tags for an ugly thread, I'll have to lie!

Ok, I'm off and I'll be back. Just shoot me in the head here. I'll try to reply.

Thank you all for keeping me busy and have a blessed weekend!

TIPlatypus

Hello :)

Calvinists get asked the same question a lot:

Allah is all powerful and all knowing etc. How is this logically justified?
What with the idea that if Allah knows everything, then he knows the future to the tiniest detail, therefore, he is powerless to change the future.
You are clearly intellectual. It would be very anti-intellectual to say "Allah is above logic."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Hello and Salam!

The age may not be accurate and there is scholarly dispute over it but even so Aisha was a woman grown and flowered when the marriage was consummated. She went on to become the greatest female scholar in all Islam.

It is God who is on the Throne so let Him judge. You might also be interested in the marriage of Isaac and Rebecca.

And one more thing. Jesus never started any conversation on a negative tone.

He married her when she was 6, not 9, and "deflowered" her at 9.

The majority of traditional hadith sources state that Aisha was married to Muhammad at the age of six or seven, but she stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine, or ten according to Ibn Hisham,[6] when the marriage was consummated with Muhammad, then 53, in Medina;[7][8][9]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

Do tell how 9 years old is a grown woman.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Religion unchecked by common sense is a very dangerous thing.
Very interesting.

İve been thinking about it. There are 2 parts to religion

1) Believing
2) Doing the commandments

By commandments İ mean all the divine commands.

İ agree we should use common sense and human reasoning for 1) but after we have acknowledged God's existence and that He owns the throne its best for us to listen and obey without question. Any criticism should be only limited to 1) because after that we realise that life is a test and God is the boss and He knows best what is good for us.

For example Adam shouldnt have used his logic to question God's instruction for not eating from the tree. Satan should not have questioned God when God asked him to prostrate to Adam etc

So any reasons to dismiss religion should be solely based on 1)

TIPlatypus

Freed from the law? That's blasphemy! That's what Satan wants us to do!

I do know the gospels in and out. I do know what the good news is. What is unacceptable is that it comes with bad news. The concept of original sin is blasphemous and unacceptable.

We Christians just love to argue about these very things.

I hope that most of us adhere to these two principles:
Love the Lord your God and Love your neighbour as yourself.

If you were subject to any kind of law or rulebook, then living by those things is impossible. Rules don't fit every situation. That doesn't mean they are bad, just that they are not always good.

That is what being freed from the law is. You do not need to follow the law if you are a good person.

I agree with you on original sin, although, seriously mate, it isn't blasphemy, but it depends who you speak to.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Hello :)

Calvinists get asked the same question a lot:

Allah is all powerful and all knowing etc. How is this logically justified?
What with the idea that if Allah knows everything, then he knows the future to the tiniest detail, therefore, he is powerless to change the future.
You are clearly intellectual. It would be very anti-intellectual to say "Allah is above logic."
Hello!

Yeah İ was asked a similar question here yesterday or the day before and this was my response:

These are my beliefs (the beliefs of the majority of Islam, Sunni and Shia):

Allah has no needs or wants. He has an Divine Essence and He has many attributes for His One Essence and also for His actions. He is Wise, Just, Merciful, All-Knowing etc. All His actions are the consequences of His Essence and not means to satisfy any needs or wants.

To Allah belongs the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. Nothing happens except through His Will and His Knowledge. His Will is not bound by time so His Will is timeless. So He has predetermined everything that has occurred, is occurring and would occur. You cannot do anything except if Allah has willed it.

Still we have a degree of freewill, natural freedom of choice.

Allah's orders and Allah's will are two different things. Allah always orders what is compatible with His Essence (and as He created us in His image it would be compatible with our original souls too in the absence of corruption and outside forces). Allah wills may or may not be what He "likes" or what is best according to His Essence. That is Allah may Will things He dislikes!

For example Allah ordered Satan (Iblis) to prostrate to Adam but He willed that Satan wouldn't. Allah ordered Adam not to eat from the tree but He willed that He would.

Allah's Will has a higher authority and that is His Knowledge. He knows everything there is to be known even the inner dimensions of all souls. His then wills accordingly and even though Allah has no higher authority by His Perfection what He wills would be Perfect. That is how and why the heavens and the earth have their laws of physics etc. This is God's mathematics.

When you are in the process of intending to do something there are many factors involved that would ultimately decide whether you would do it or not. All of these factors are constrained by the environment and its laws except your freewill which is the consequence of what YOU have done with your soul. But nothing happens without the will of Allah. It is He who does it for you. He has the knowledge of all these factors including your freewill and thus He knows what to Will.

oatmeal

Have you confessed with your mouth the lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead?

If you wish to receive eternal life that is how you do it.

oatmeal

TIPlatypus

Very interesting.

İve been thinking about it. There are 2 parts to religion

1) Believing
2) Doing the commandments

It sounds to me like you are putting your faith into a box. If you do that, someone will always find something you cannot answer.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Define Taqiyya.
According to Sunni İslam Taqiyya is the allowance given to an individual to lie about himself (about his faith) if his life is in danger if he doesn't.

According to Shia İslam it means lying about the faith to propagate it.

90%+ Muslims are Sunni which means they share the same aqidah or beliefs but differ in jurisprudence.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
According to Sunni İslam Taqiyya is the allowance given to an individual to lie about himself (about his faith) if his life is in danger if he doesn't.

According to Shia İslam it means lying about the faith to propagate it.

90%+ Muslims are Sunni which means they share the same aqidah or beliefs but differ in jurisprudence.

You left off the other reasons. Like lying to those who not muslim in order to gain ones end.

For those interested, see this:

Taqiyya (lit. ‘caution’) denotes the deceit or dissimulation used by Shiites, who may lie and even commit blasphemous acts to conceal their religion when they are under threat of persecution from majority Sunnis. It has long been used in its other manifestation, as an integral part of Muslim military strategy, employing trickery and deceit to mislead the enemy (for a detailed discussion see John Esposito’s The Oxford Dictionary of Islam, Oxford University Press, 2003).

The Qur’an in a variety of verses (2:225, 3:28, 3:54, 9:3, 16:106, 40:28, and 66:2) establishes the religious legitimacy of breaking oaths, lying, unilaterally violating treaties, and generally scheming against non-Muslims. Allah Himself is described as “the best of schemers” (3:54, 8:30, 10:21), and Muhammad declared, as a justification for murdering unarmed prisoners after offering them safe passage, “war is deceit” (see the Hadith collection of Bukhari, vol. 4, book 52, nos. 268-271).

Example: So during the negotiations of Oslo I and II, Arafat’s willingness to acquiesce to Israeli demands was merely his acting as a good Muslim warrior, using taqiyya, deceit in warfare, to put his enemy at a disadvantage.
http://sheikyermami.com/taqiyya-holy-deception-quran-532/

Verses on this:

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (52:269) - "The Prophet said, 'War is deceit.'" The context of this is thought to be the murder of Usayr ibn Zarim and his thirty unarmed men by Muhammad's men after he "guaranteed" them safe passage (see Additional Notes below).

Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar." Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.

Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permissible in order to deceive an "enemy."

Muslim (32:6303) - "...he did not hear that exemption was granted in anything what the people speak as lie but in three cases: in battle, for bringing reconciliation amongst persons and the narration of the words of the husband to his wife, and the narration of the words of a wife to her husband (in a twisted form in order to bring reconciliation between them)."

Bukhari (50:369) - Recounts the murder of a poet, Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, at Muhammad's insistence. The men who volunteered for the assassination used dishonesty to gain Ka'b's trust, pretending that they had turned against Muhammad. This drew the victim out of his fortress, whereupon he was brutally slaughtered despite putting up a ferocious struggle for his life.

Islamists interpret their scripture to say that they are allowed to lie about the nature of Islam in order to further their political goals.

Islamists also interpret taqiyya to permit lying about the nature of Islam to non-Muslims in order to convert them to Islam

Is that what you are doing here?