İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

Huckleberry

Freed from the law? That's blasphemy! That's what Satan wants us to do!
No, Satan wants us to be rebels and be outlaws, violating and breaking the law. God wants us to be bought and paid for, free from the price of sin. That is what it means to be free from the law.

Criminals are not free from the law. Those for whom that price has been paid are. God loved us enough to pay that price for us.

I do know the gospels in and out. I do know what the good news is. What is unacceptable is that it comes with bad news. The concept of original sin is blasphemous and unacceptable.
Why do you sin then, if not because you are corrupt and less perfect than God?

The concept of a lamb of sacrifice to cleanse sins is also blasphemous.
I'll agree that it was good for nothing more than a symbol of what was to come: the Christ. No literal lamb ever paid for anyone's sins, but someone had to. If not you yourself, then who? Justice must be done, after all. There is a price for sin that must be paid. Jesus paid that price.

You must understand it makes no sense to a Muslim or to a Jew today.
I don't see how that's supposed to convince me of anything. Humans are human. We're almost always wrong. :chuckle:

God does not need blood to be spilled to forgive! God only needs a repenting heart. :jump::jump:
True, because the price has been paid. Christ paid it. Now all that is needed is to accept forgiveness, because only now, with the price for sin paid, is it possible.

By the way - Welcome to TOL! It's a rough place, I know, but rough in a "tough love" sort of way. We wouldn't beat you up so much if we didn't care! :thumb:

bybee

İ'm bored. Fire me on some questions and İ'll be glad to answer! :)

Yeah it should have be an "an".

Did you know that 72 virgins are not waiting for you in Paradise?
It is, I am told, a lie.
Actually there is one 72 year old virgin skilled in orchiectomies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
muslim5.bmp

bybee

Freed from the law? That's blasphemy! That's what Satan wants us to do!

I do know the gospels in and out. I do know what the good news is. What is unacceptable is that it comes with bad news. The concept of original sin is blasphemous and unacceptable. The concept of a lamb of sacrifice to cleanse sins is also blasphemous. You must understand it makes no sense to a Muslim or to a Jew today. God does not need blood to be spilled to forgive! God only needs a repenting heart. :jump::jump:

So, all you Muslims with repentant hearts are just spilling blood for the fun of it?

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
So what reason do we have to doubt the "greatest female scholar of all Islam", who said she was nine years old when Mohammed consummated their marriage? And you still haven't explained how we can accept your claim that she was sexually mature at nine years old.

Then explain to me why the Jews and the polytheists, who always were looking for routes to defame the Prophet and to attack his character, missed this golden opportunity? Why didn't they bring up this issue?

Then also explain to me why the Prophet married only a single wife from the age of 25 and lived with her until she passed away? And that too 15 years his senior? If something was wrong with him surely he would have taken more wives at this time as was the custom? Why marry a woman of 40 at the age of 25. Why didn't he take part in the various social abominations that were taking place all over the place before Islam?

"But do you mean to tell me that the man who in the full flush of youthful vigour, a young man of four and twenty (24), married a woman much his senior, and remained faithful to her for six and twenty years (26), at fifty years of age when the passions are dying married for lust and sexual passion? Not thus are men's lives to be judged. And you look at the women whom he married, you will find that by every one of them an alliance was made for his people, or something was gained for his followers, or the woman was in sore need of protection." - - Dr Annie Besant (Dr Annie Besant in 'The Life and Teachings of Mohammad,' Madras, 1932)

A noted British author has observed: "No great religious leader has been so maligned as Prophet Mohammed. Attacked in the past as a heretic, an impostor, or a sensualist, it is still possible to find him referred to as "the false prophet." A modern German writer accuses Prophet Mohammed of sensuality, surrounding himself with young women. This man was not married until he was twenty-five years of age, then he and his wife lived in happiness and fidelity for twenty-four years, until her death when he was fourty-nine. Only between the age of fifty and his death at sixty-two did Prophet Mohammed take other wives, only one of whom was a virgin, and most of them were taken for dynastic and political reasons. Certainly the Prophet's record was better than the head of the Church of England, Henry VIII." Geoffrey Parrinder, Mysticism in the World's Religions (New York: Oxford University Press, 1976, pg. 121)

Aisha did show PMS before:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234:

Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

Anyways this same Aisha said this:

Sahih Al-Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:

Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:

(on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start fondling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."

Sahih Muslim

Book 006, Number 2439:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used to kiss (his wives) while fasting and embraced (them) while fasting; but he had the greatest mastery over his desire among you.

Furthermore there is a famous incident regarding Aisha. She was accused of adultery but God himself set down revelation proving her innocence.

Verily those who brought forth the slander (against ‘Aishah) are a group among you. Consider it not a bad thing for you. Nay, it is good for you. Unto every man among them will be paid that which he had earned of the sin, and as for him among them who had the greater share therein, his will be a great torment.
(11).
Why then, did not the believers, men and women, when you heard it (the slander), think good of their own people and say: "This (charge) is an obvious lie ?"
(12)
Why did they not produce four witnesses? Since they (the slanderers) have not produced witnesses! Then with Allah they are the liars.
(13)
Had it not been for the Grace of Allah and His Mercy unto you in this world and in the Hereafter, a great torment would have touched you for that whereof you had spoken.
(14)
When you were propagating it with your tongues, and uttering with your mouths that whereof you had no knowledge, you counted it a little thing, while with Allah it was very great.
(15)
And why did you not, when you heard it, say: "It is not right for us to speak of this. Glory be to You (O Allah)! This is a great lie."
(16)
Allah forbids you from it and warns you not to repeat the like of it forever, if you are believers.
(17)
And Allah makes the Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) plain to you, and Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.
(18)
Verily, those who like that (the crime of) illegal sexual intercourse should be propagated among those who believe, they will have a painful torment in this world and in the Hereafter. And Allah knows and you know not.
(19)
And had it not been for the Grace of Allah and His Mercy on you, (Allah would have hastened the punishment upon you). And that Allah is full of Kindness, Most Merciful.
(20)
O you who believe! Follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). And whosoever follows the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan), then, verily he commands Al-Fahsha’ [i.e. to commit indecency (illegal sexual intercourse)], and Al-Munkar [disbelief and polytheism (i.e. to do evil and wicked deeds; and to speak or to do what is forbidden in Islam)]. And had it not been for the Grace of Allah and His Mercy on you, not one of you would ever have been pure from sins. But Allah purifies (guides to Islam) whom He wills, and Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. (21)

(Quran, Sura An-Noor:11-21).

6days

Repentance said:
6days said:
Why do Muslims claim the the Injil, Torah and Psalms have been corrupted when the Qu'ran seems to say the opposite?
The Qu'ran says the people of the book have been corrupted, but Allah won't allow his words to be corrupted.
And... Welcome here to ToL. Happy to see a Muslim posting here!!

When Allah says that His words would never be corrupted and that He himself would protect them, He was specifically talking about the Quran and not the previous scriptures.

Do you have anything from the Qu'ran that says that? What I see is that is that Moses, Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon and the Gospel writers were provided inspiration to write what they did... and that Allah protects his words.

Repentance said:
Anyways we believe that the Torah and the Gospel of today and of Muhammad's time does contain God's words but they are not completely God's words. The Bible does contain the word of God but it also contain the word of eye-witnesses and commentary and interpretation (and some other weird stuff). In Islam we have the Word of God (the Koran) separate from the word of eye-witnesses (ahadith) which is in turn separate from commentary and interpretation (tafsir).

We have thousands of ancient manuscripts that existed long before Mohammads time. And The Qu'ran says...

Of the Gospel "And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah," 5:46

Of the Torah "We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers," Surah 2:79

Of the Psalms "We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms," 4:163
Repentance said:
Therefore woe be unto those who write the Book with their hands and then say, "This is from Allah," that they may purchase a small gain therewith. Woe unto them for that their hands have written, and woe unto them for that they earn thereby.

Yes... I think there are several other similar verses you could refer to. But, essentially they all are condemnations of corrupt Christians. You can also refer to verses where some changed the words.

The Qu'ran only has praise for the Torah, Psalms and Injil.

Surely, Muslims would have preserved scripture from Allah that is praised in the Qu'ran?

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Did you know that 72 virgins are not waiting for you in Paradise?
It is, I am told, a lie.
Actually there is one 72 year old virgin skilled in orchiectomies.

I know my religion better than you do mine. The Koran gives no hint of that. Its only in the ahadith. And that too is not for everyone. Learn better.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Do you have anything from the Qu'ran that says that? What I see is that is that Moses, Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon and the Gospel writers were provided inspiration to write what they did... and that Allah protects his words.

We have thousands of ancient manuscripts that existed long before Mohammads time. And The Qu'ran says...

Of the Gospel "And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah," 5:46

Of the Torah "We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers," Surah 2:79

Of the Psalms "We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms," 4:163

Yes... I think there are several other similar verses you could refer to. But, essentially they all are condemnations of corrupt Christians. You can also refer to verses where some changed the words.

Surely, Muslims would have preserved scripture from Allah that is praised in the Qu'ran?

Agreed. But that doesn't mean the rabis and the scribes couldn't add entire books or works into it or separate them into portions that were then hidden away or lost in the sense not shown to people. The word of God is indeed present in the Torah and the Gospels (when God speaks) but it is now difficult to discern them.

Yes but notice the past tense in the verse where God speaks of guidance and light!

Yes that is why I read the Bible daily. I admit Muslims should take God's words in the Torah and the NT too more seriously.

6days

Welcome, repentance. In my opinion, we need more Muslims posting here just for diversity's sake. You will be poked at so be patient and don't flame out too soon.

:e4e:
YES!! I agree. I wish there were more Muslims posting here. Many are sincerely wanting to serve the true God. As Christians, we can show love as we point them to the Savior.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
No, Satan wants us to be rebels and be outlaws, violating and breaking the law. God wants us to be bought and paid for, free from the price of sin. That is what it means to be free from the law.

Criminals are not free from the law. Those for whom that price has been paid are. God loved us enough to pay that price for us.

Why do you sin then, if not because you are corrupt and less perfect than God?

I'll agree that it was good for nothing more than a symbol of what was to come: the Christ. No literal lamb ever paid for anyone's sins, but someone had to. If not you yourself, then who? Justice must be done, after all. There is a price for sin that must be paid. Jesus paid that price.

I don't see how that's supposed to convince me of anything. Humans are human. We're almost always wrong. :chuckle:

True, because the price has been paid. Christ paid it. Now all that is needed is to accept forgiveness, because only now, with the price for sin paid, is it possible.

By the way - Welcome to TOL! It's a rough place, I know, but rough in a "tough love" sort of way. We wouldn't beat you up so much if we didn't care! :thumb:

No, Huck, it doesn't make sense...

God needs only repentance to response with forgiveness. He never looks for spilling of blood. It's absurd :(

So if repentance is still needed after Jesus Christ then does it mean that Jesus only died to take away blood sacrifices?

If Satan wants us to be rebels and outlaws the easiest way for him to do it is to influence the notion that the law is no more. See Christianity takes away the law and brings about a sacrifice. Islam takes away the sacrifice and brings back the law. What is more unsatanic?

You know I've thought about this deeply but I rejected it. Why didn't God murder Jesus in the beginning of creation and thus make it fair for everyone? God doesn't change His way :)

Thank you!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Do you think you know Christianity better than some Christians?

Yes. Then again, I have a unique perspective. Most Christians barely know their own faith, let alone the other two Abrahamic ones.

6days

Agreed. But that doesn't mean the rabis and the scribes couldn't add entire books or works into it or separate them into portions that were then hidden away or lost in the sense not shown to people. The word of God is indeed present in the Torah and the Gospels (when God speaks) but it is now difficult to discern them.
haha... yes... In fact many tried writing their own 'gospels'. But the Bibles we have now are the same as early Christians used. We can compare to manuscripts that existed in early Christianity. Other 'gospels' such as that of Thomas were written much later... never considered as part of the Bible... and are contradictory to God's Word.

Yes that is why I read the Bible daily. I admit Muslims should take God's words in the Torah and the NT too more seriously.
I'm impressed! Good for you. Are you really just 18? Its too bad that most 18 year old 'christians' don't take as much interest in what they believe as you do.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Sure, it's just that easy; tell violent, murderous fanatics to just "ignore" what's most precious to them. How do you think they'd treat a guy like you given half a chance?

Yes they are fanatics. ISIS is just another manifestation of the Khawariz sect.

The biggest enemy of the truth is falsehood and of the true religion is false teaching. Its true they are fulfilling loads and loads of End Times prophecies but its kinda shocking that they don't realise that they are in the wrong side :sigh:

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
haha... yes... In fact many tried writing their own 'gospels'. But the Bibles we have now are the same as early Christians used. We can compare to manuscripts that existed in early Christianity. Other 'gospels' such as that of Thomas were written much later... never considered as part of the Bible... and are contradictory to God's Word.

But still its bound to interpretation. The Injil may not be these gospels in the original form but an earlier document which they use as a source. All the abstract concepts that were not mere events (like the Son of God doctrine, original sin, lamb of sacrifice) couldn't be verified firsthand from witnesses because these are mere concepts and not events.

I'm impressed! Good for you. Are you really just 18? Its too bad that most 18 year old 'christians' don't take as much interest in what they believe as you do.

Yes I've been interested in religion from young age :)

But yeah, Muslims take religion much more seriously than Christians. That's a fact. Specially kids :lol: My cousin (18) , for example, is a hafiz - memorized the entire Koran

Huckleberry

Then explain to me why the Jews and the polytheists, who always were looking for routes to defame the Prophet and to attack his character, missed this golden opportunity? Why didn't they bring up this issue?
Beats me. I don't know them. What's that got to do with anything? If the question is relevant now, then it's relevant now.

Then also explain to me why the Prophet married only a single wife from the age of 25 and lived with her until she passed away? And that too 15 years his senior? If something was wrong with him surely he would have taken more wives at this time as was the custom? Why marry a woman of 40 at the age of 25. Why didn't he take part in the various social abominations that were taking place all over the place before Islam?

Aisha did show PMS before:

Anyways this same Aisha said this:

Furthermore there is a famous incident regarding Aisha. She was accused of adultery but God himself set down revelation proving her innocence.
So can you paint the picture for us clearly?

Was Aisha nine years old? What she sexually mature? Once we've got a clear picture here that we both agree on, then we can settle the question of morality. So can you state this clearly or not?

If she was nine years old, then I will categorically reject any insistence that she was sexually mature. If she was older, then I'll need an explanation for Aisha herself saying she was nine years old. :idunno:

Huckleberry

No, Huck, it doesn't make sense...

God needs only repentance to response with forgiveness. He never looks for spilling of blood. It's absurd :(
Not at all.

If you commit a crime and are brought before a judge, then you confess and repent...will the judge let you go free or will he, despite your repentance, throw you in jail? Of course you still go to jail, whether you repent or not. Because the law demands it. Justice demands it.

So where does that leave God? You sin and repent...but justice still demands death! To save you and me, God paid that price Himself. Otherwise you and I would be lost to hell for our sins.

God is righteous, so he will not ignore justice, but He love us enough to price the for us. What an awesome God!
So if repentance is still needed after Jesus Christ then does it mean that Jesus only died to take away blood sacrifices?
He is good enough to allow you the option of refusing and going to hell. Consider that most people do just that. How many will be saved from hell in the end? Not many. So He offers to cover your sins with His blood. You can always refuse.

If Satan wants us to be rebels and outlaws the easiest way for him to do it is to influence the notion that the law is no more.
The law is still there for unbelievers.

See Christianity takes away the law and brings about a sacrifice. Islam takes away the sacrifice and brings back the law. What is more unsatanic?
What is more satanic is thinking you can earn paradise, when you are not perfect as God is perfect.

You know I've thought about this deeply but I rejected it. Why didn't God murder Jesus in the beginning of creation and thus make it fair for everyone? God doesn't change His way :)
He had a plan. Christ's crucifixion occurred when it did because there were things He wanted to establish before that. Read the bible!

Thank you!
:D

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Beats me. I don't know them. What's that got to do with anything? If the question is relevant now, then it's relevant now.

So can you paint the picture for us clearly?

Was Aisha nine years old? What she sexually mature? Once we've got a clear picture here that we both agree on, then we can settle the question of morality. So can you state this clearly or not?

If she was nine years old, then I will categorically reject any insistence that she was sexually mature. If she was older, then I'll need an explanation for Aisha herself saying she was nine years old. :idunno:

I know I've asked to shoot me questions but at the end of the day does it matter? What was the age of Virgin Mary when she married Joseph, do you know? The age of Rebecca when she married Isaac? Do you know. The traditions doesn't give us good picture - oh no, they don't. It's the same here. These are traditions and think for a moment - in Arabia, birthdays were not celebrated at all.

The fact of the matter is - in Islam it is unanimously agreed that only matured men and women could consummate their marriages. And it is also a fact - law - that the bride's permission has to be asked and for that she should be of an age of consent.

Aisha could have been 9. It's naught to me. She was sexually matured.

I have no obligation in answering questions. You see I'm doing you a favor.

What if I ask you - why did the LORD command His people to rape the women they captured in the OT?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes they are fanatics. ISIS is just another manifestation of the Khawariz sect.

The biggest enemy of the truth is falsehood and of the true religion is false teaching. Its true they are fulfilling loads and loads of End Times prophecies but its kinda shocking that they don't realise that they are in the wrong side :sigh:

Since when does a zealot ever for a second consider the possibility they're in the wrong?