Theology Club: MIA: Where are they?

Nimrod

The question was for heir, to get her to think about her position.

If someone had a question about her beliefs, I was hoping she could explain it. Instead, I get silence

So it certainly shows a division of something

Please tell us what that is you are dividing? And how exactly do you know where to divide?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Am I correct that you do understand that covenant theology interprets this passage different than a dispensationalist?
It doesn't matter to me how someone "interprets" what the Bible says. They ought to do so the approved unto God's way.

You take the literal meaning by actually dividing the word into sections (Dispensations). Very strange indeed.
"The word" is already divided exactly the way God wants it. And have you ever noticed that Paul's thirteen epistles are all neatly packed into one part of the Bible.
Could you explain to us how one is to divide the word into dispensations?
We rightly divide the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). It's all for us (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not all to us or about us. Paul's epistles are written directly to us; that's Romans through Philemon. Consider what Paul says and the Lord give thee understanding in all things (2 Timothy 2:7 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber

If someone had a question about her beliefs, I was hoping she could explain it. Instead, I get silence
I just saw your post just a moment ago and replied the minute I did. :)

Right Divider

Body part
<cut>
Please tell us what that is you are dividing? And how exactly do you know where to divide?
There are a few places that show clear division. I look there. Here is one example that has far reaching implications.
Eph 1:1-12 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: (2) Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. (3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: (4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: (5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, (6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. (7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; (8) Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; (9) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: (10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: (11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
So in a future dispensing, God will gather TWO things (both) into ONE.

It is the MAD position that God's choice of Israel as His earthly people and God's choice of the Body of Christ as His heavenly people. These two make up the things that will be gathered together in the fulness of times.

Perhaps the church which is His body is to restore heaven from the fall of the angels with Satan. See 1Co 6:3
1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
Israel was never told that they would judge angels and they received the law "by the disposition of angels".
Act 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
MAD understands that there is CURRENTLY no difference between Jews and Gentiles, but that there will be a time when God restores Israel to its place above other nations. This does not make us Zionists or racists any more than it makes God a racist for choosing Israel over the other nations by His choice of them long ago.

This also explains the Book of Revelation which describes the saved nations coming in the New Jerusalem.
Rev 21:22-27 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. (24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
</cut>

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You misquoted her, and I pointed it out for you to comment or re-question. Instead, we got silence.

She said the word of truth. Define it according to the Bible. Paul is very explicit about it. Then we can all move forward.

Lon

Where are the men and women who are "MAD" who once contended for the faith on TOL?
Just thinking out loud...

I'm not MAD, but seems like there are still plenty ▲▲▲

And this IS a MAD owned board (JTOL too).

Who did you have in mind? Most of my favorite MADists are still here. If you were talking about Hilston, I miss him too :)

Danoh

The Mid-Acts Label

The Mid-Acts Label

Thought I’d share the following with my fellow Acts 9ers…

I refer to Acts 9 Dispensationalism as the Mid-Acts Perspective in remembrance of J.C. O’Hair; who was Acts 13, and therefore, Mid-Acts; which is how the Mid-Acts label partly came in to being.

I did some research on him some years ago, and was greatly impressed with finding out that no matter who might come along to point out an inconsistency in his views, off he’d go into his Bible to re-study things; which had been how he had eventually come to hold to a Mid-Acts Perspective.

Thus, while I am well aware that Acts 9; the position I hold without any hesitation whatsoever, as I have long since solved for any questions I had; while I am well aware it is not the middle of Acts; that would be Acts 14; I like referring to Acts 9 as the Mid-Acts Perspective simply in memory of not only a much loved brother in the Lord, but one very important in our legacy.

Here is a great little read about O'Hair:

http://ggfusa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/OHair-Into-the-1930s-web.pdf

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks Danoh!

I've read some articles by JC O'Hair and I know some of the history but this appears to be a thorough treatment.

Danoh

Thanks Danoh!

I've read some articles by JC O'Hair and I know some of the history but this appears to be a thorough treatment.

A great read it is!

And reading that, man o man, does all that sound too familiar - close to 100 years ago and its still the same old ignorance and lies out there - by "brethren" - against anyone who stands for the Mystery.

By the way, don't forget to read the notes at the end; some of them have some valuable additional info.

musterion

Since becoming MAD, which has led to other not necessarily MAD-related questions being satisfactorily answered for me, I have concluded that opposition to dispensationalism in general, and to MAD in particular, has two basic root causes: works righteousness (strongly denied but simply proved nonetheless) or/and a refusal to acknowledge God's having absolutely severed the believer from his old crucified flesh nature. Both of these, in turn, result from denying, either actively or through ignorance, the Gospel given to Paul, which is exactly what he said would happen as the end drew near.

Make of me what you will for this but I'm now convinced the prophetic warning of 2 Timothy 3 does not simply apply to the religious unbelievers of Christendom as I (even relatively recently) assumed. I was in error when I limited it that way. The truth of that warning is far scarier and "closer to home." Hence these truly perilous times.

Those of you who know what I'm saying...and are inclined to do so...may fire when ready.
bow.gif

Good thread, btw. We really need more like this one.

Danoh

Lol, "Musterion."

That word - when I first began looking at the Mystery a "friend" went off and typed a fourteen page study on the word, "musterion."

All sorts of history, and "the Greek this," and "the Greek that."

And this secret Greek society and that one...

We meet up... 'Not a passage of Scripture in the entire document,' I say.

"What do you mean?," he asks.

'Just that Paul identifies what he means by that word in 2 Corinthians 2:7's "the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom," which he later elaborates in Eph. 3:9 means it was "hid in God."

I lost him at that point. He was really disappointed I'd not been impressed with how smart he was. This was clearly the case.

That too is an issue behind why the Mystery is opposed - men love the praise of men that comes when another agrees with them - they just love to glory in another's flesh in that way.

Nothing like a Th.D., and all that, behind one's name.

It has its "necessary uses," but that's about it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Since becoming MAD, which has led to other not necessarily MAD-related questions being satisfactorily answered for me, I have concluded that opposition to dispensationalism in general, and to MAD in particular, has two basic root causes: works righteousness (strongly denied but simply proved nonetheless) or/and a refusal to acknowledge God's having absolutely severed the believer from his old crucified flesh nature. Both of these, in turn, result from denying, either actively or through ignorance, the Gospel given to Paul, which is exactly what he said would happen as the end drew near.

Make of me what you will for this but I'm now convinced the prophetic warning of 2 Timothy 3 does not simply apply to the religious unbelievers of Christendom as I (even relatively recently) assumed. I was in error when I limited it that way. The truth of that warning is far scarier and "closer to home." Hence these truly perilous times.

Those of you who know what I'm saying...and are inclined to do so...may fire when ready.
bow.gif

Good thread, btw. We really need more like this one.

I agree!