New find on Majorana fermion, and what it means to me.

JosephR

Here are a few sources for the new research on the Majorana fermion,and as predicted in 2001 they have verified it is anti matter that makes the ultimate stop code in the universe.

Here are a few sources that I have read.
http://phys.org/news/2014-10-majorana-fermion-physicists-elusive-particle.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majorana_fermion

,it answers the age old question of if you can ever cut something in half to nothing,and why would you ? lol is what this seems to say.It is like a ending point for something physical,cleaned up real neatly and sharp.I think it is architecture of course , and with the start and stop codes to build anything, they are now saying this.

"Although the quasiparticle could not exist outside the superconductor, the finding may be useful for constructing quantum computers."

I am sure it is very useful to know how the code to reality starts and stops :) I cant wait to see whats next.

http://wn.com/majorana_fermion

WE should be able to make simulated worlds now made of matter and particles just like what we call reality and use the same architecture. There are now more then a handful of AI chatbots that can pass the turing test.

http://www.personalityforge.com/
http://www.cleverbot.com/

The paradox of the AI existing in a simulated universe created by humans who live in a digital simulated universe is quite appealing to curious people such as myself.

JosephR

Well I think it is the starting and ending point they have been looking for, we know it's a code but now we have a starting and stopping point, and information in the middle. What the anti particle does is end a series of codes...
The implications seem to be enormous, we should be able reproduce the architecture and start to build artificial or man made matter.we have been able to change some things in modern physics and alchemy but this is a whole new level. Before we were re arranging information in a allready made code, now we should be able to write a new one all on our own.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well I think it is the starting and ending point they have been looking for, we know it's a code but now we have a starting and stopping point, and information in the middle. What the anti particle does is end a series of codes...
The implications seem to be enormous, we should be able reproduce the architecture and start to build artificial or man made matter.we have been able to change some things in modern physics and alchemy but this is a whole new level. Before we were re arranging information in a allready made code, now we should be able to write a new one all on our own.
Sounds cool and all, but again, what would YOU do with it?

JosephR

New find on Majorana fermion, and what it means to me.

Sounds cool and all, but again, what would YOU do with it?

Me personally? What would I do? I would use the info just like I said and the researchers plan to do with quantum computers and so on. I would immediately start to reproduce the particle artificially, like they are, and start to experiment in writing code,matter, In between them and see how stable the new matter is. There is so much to do and they are just getting started, seems pretty exciting to me :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Me personally? What would I do? I would use the info just like I said and the researchers plan to do with quantum computers and so on. I would immediately start to reproduce the particle artificially, like they are, and start to experiment in writing code,matter, In between them and see how stable the new matter is. There is so much to do and they are just getting started, seems pretty exciting to me :)
Oh.

JosephR

So in your opinion; If some knowledge is useless for your immediate purposes than no one should understand it. ?

well Her question is valid because, what do these new findings that take place every week EVER gona have to do with regular people.. I get that.

its like asking a guy writing code for super mario brothers in the 70's,
what good is that to us...
not much right now,but later it will consume millions of human hours/energy.... hehe ;)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah thats what I said, now this is how He made it.just a small portion of His word or will.

A word to the scientists, and not a bad thing. Just a thought.

Job 38

4 “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.

noguru

well Her question is valid because, what do these new findings that take place every week EVER gona have to do with regular people.. I get that.

its like asking a guy writing code for super mario brothers in the 70's,
what good is that to us...
not much right now,but later it will consume millions of human hours/energy.... hehe ;)

I can't agree. I think accurate knowledge is important simply because it helps us see things more accurately. If I, or someone else, find a practical application for that then that is just icing on the cake. But the programmers who wrote code for Mario Brothers would still be worthless to someone who has no use for video games, based on the perspective Tambora has and you seem to be endorsing.

JosephR

I can't agree. I think accurate knowledge is important simply because it helps us see things more accurately. If I, or someone else, find a practical application for that then that is just icing on the cake. But the programmers who wrote code for Mario Brothers would still be worthless to someone who has no use for video games, based on the perspective Tambora has and you seem to be endorsing.

Well I just try to view all things thru other perspectives. In that I think I give myself a broader look at any givin subject.

noguru

Well I just try to view all things thru other perspectives. In that I think I give myself a broader look at any givin subject.

I think that is the best way to maximize our objectivity.

But the attitude I see from Tambora and so many others is the same attitude I see with ghetto people who are opposed to learning new things. They like to say;

I'm keepin it real. Or as Chris Rock says; "Real stupid".

or

Talk to the hand cause the face ain't listening.

when confronted with things their preconceived bias tells them are worthless. And in doing so they again confirm their bias. This attitude is not limited to poor neighborhoods, it exists in all walks of life.

JosephR

I think that is the best way to maximize our objectivity.

But the attitude I see from Tambora and so many others is the same attitude I see with ghetto people who are opposed to learning new things. They like to say;

I'm keepin it real. Or as Chris Rock says; "Real stupid".

or

Talk to the hand cause the face ain't listening.

when confronted with things their preconceived bias tells them are worthless. And in doing so they again confirm their bias. This attitude is not limited to poor neighborhoods, it exists in all walks of life.

well we are very well aware of the notion of people who like to contemplate new ideas are few and far between and have to suffer the world in likes of people who deem our efforts useless.but that shouldn't bother us to much.after all the lonely ones often do not wish their burdens on others.

And I respect the practicality and reality check that Tambora gave me.It actually made me dig deeper into the subject I proposed , haha.. so in that I took a step further then even Me "the enthusiast" had not taken. kinda made me motivated and challenged to educate myself more or even aspire to contribute to the research if possible.

still the point , in my opinion , of the implications of the find is MIND BLOWING.... kinda sad to not share that with anyone however.

JosephR

A word to the scientists, and not a bad thing. Just a thought.

Job 38

4 “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.

Do not uncover the Fathers nakedness.

I heard a sermon about that teaching from Noah to modern science to Job.. was very enlightening.

He takes great joy when men praise Him for Creation, and has wrath for men who deny Him as specifically Creator.

The scriptures say the Sons of God shouted for joy at Creation and praised God, maybe we should have a Creation day celebration.?