His Elect !

Nanja

nanja

Yes, since Paul writes and makes clear that the Purpose of Election was determined before the children had not yet been born, that makes it clear that God did not consider their actions of good or evil, simply because we cannot of ourselves do any actions before we are born, am i right ? Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

Yes, of course!

I didn't reference that verse (Rom. 9:11) 'cause the post of yours I responded to had already referenced it 4 times! ☺

~~~~~

beloved57

Save thy Elect !

Save thy Elect !

Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Salvation is promised to and only provided for in Christ, God's Elect, Israel !

The Salvation that is in Christ Jesus, even Christ Jesus the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Is a Salvation not for all mankind, but for God's own Elect 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

This is that also that David prayed for Ps 106:4-5

4 Remember me, O Lord, with the favour that thou bearest unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation;

5 That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance.

beloved57

The Elect The Salvation !

The Elect The Salvation !

Salvation is and always has been and will be only for God's Elect, The Israel of God, which has nothing to do with ethnicity 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Notice THAT THEY may obtain the Salvation which is in Christ Jesus ! There isnt Salvation for anyone Else in Christ Jesus but that of the Elect , for this is a clear cut connotation !

And the Salvation here Paul is referring to 2 Tim 2:10 which is about the Church of the Eklect Gentiles, could be no other than the Salvation Promised here for God's Elect Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

The words The Elect are in the original with the definite article indicating that the Elect Paul is speaking of is the one and only Elect of God, yet they do include Gentiles !

διὰ τοῦτο πάντα ὑπομένω διὰ τοὺς ἐκλεκτούς ἵνα καὶ αὐτοὶ σωτηρίας τύχωσιν τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ μετὰ δόξης αἰωνίου

Nanja

Salvation is and always has been and will be only for God's Elect, The Israel of God, which has nothing to do with ethnicity 2 Tim 2:10

Notice THAT THEY may obtain the Salvation which is in Christ Jesus ! There isnt Salvation for anyone Else in Christ Jesus but that of the Elect , for this is a clear cut connotation !

And the Salvation here Paul is referring to 2 Tim 2:10 which is about the Church of the Eklect Gentiles, could be no other than the Salvation Promised here for God's Elect Isa 45:17

The words The Elect are in the original with the definite article indicating that the Elect Paul is speaking of is the one and only Elect of God, yet they do include Gentiles !

διὰ τοῦτο πάντα ὑπομένω διὰ τοὺς ἐκλεκτούς ἵνα καὶ αὐτοὶ σωτηρίας τύχωσιν τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ μετὰ δόξης αἰωνίου

Yes, it is. Christ gave His Life for His Elect Church Eph. 5:25 : ISRAEL Is. 45:17 . That's it!

~~~~~

Nanja

Amen, Thats the World He so Loved ! Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

That's True. And God's love and hate wasn't determined
by anything either of them had done or not done Rom. 9:11,
but was strictly according to His Perfect Will and Purpose.

Jacob represents all the Elect World that God so loved; the Israel of God Ps. 22:23 KJV;
while Esau represents all the non-elect which God hated. His hating of them, speaks
of their being deprived of the love that God had exclusively for His Elect, who were
chosen in Christ before the foundation:

Eph. 1:4, 7
v.4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before him in love
v.7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
according to the riches of his grace

~~~~~

beloved57

That's True. And God's love and hate wasn't determined
by anything either of them had done or not done Rom. 9:11,
but was strictly according to His Perfect Will and Purpose.

Jacob represents all the Elect World that God so loved; the Israel of God Ps. 22:23 KJV;
while Esau represents all the non-elect which God hated. His hating of them, speaks
of their being deprived of the love that God had exclusively for His Elect, who were
chosen in Christ before the foundation:

Eph. 1:4, 7
v.4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before him in love
v.7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
according to the riches of his grace

~~~~~

You have spoken words of wisdom !

beloved57

Election in Christ Essential to the forgiveness of sins !

Election in Christ Essential to the forgiveness of sins !

Election in Christ Essential to the forgiveness of sins , for when we read the passage Eph 1:3-8

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

Its plain from these sacred words that Redemption through His Blood with the Forgiveness of sins has for its foundation Election Vs 4, Yes having been Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation, results in the bestowing of the Spiritual Blessings, of which one of many is Forgiveness of sins .

Therefore its quite appropriate that when preaching the Forgiveness of sins as Per Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission/forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 13:38

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Acts 26:18

8 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

They did not neglect the foundation of this forgiveness of sins, having been Chosen in Christ for it Eph 1:3-4,7 !

Nanja

Election in Christ Essential to the forgiveness of sins , for when we read the passage Eph 1:3-8

Its plain from these sacred words that Redemption through His Blood with the Forgiveness of sins has for its foundation Election Vs 4, Yes having been Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation, results in the bestowing of the Spiritual Blessings, of which one of many is Forgiveness of sins .

Therefore its quite appropriate that when preaching the Forgiveness of sins as Per Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission/forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 13:38

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Acts 26:18

8 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

They did not neglect the foundation of this forgiveness of sins, having been Chosen in Christ for it Eph 1:3-4,7 !

Amen!

Forgiveness / remission of sins is not an offer, or made available, to all of mankind.
But the prerequisite is that one must have been Chosen in Christ before the foundation.
And so forgiveness of sins must be preached so that the Elect of God can be informed
that the Blood of Christ has Saved them Eph. 1:13 !

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

Forgiveness / remission of sins is not an offer, or made available, to all of mankind.
But the prerequisite is that one must have been Chosen in Christ before the foundation.
And so forgiveness of sins must be preached so that the Elect of God can be informed
that the Blood of Christ has Saved them Eph. 1:13 !

~~~~~

Amen, stated very well !

beloved57

Is Election Salvation ?

Is Election Salvation ?

I hear many times people say that Election, in and of itself, or Election itself is not Salvation, but that its merely unto Salvation, based upon a scripture here 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Now understand something, that verse does not say that Election is not Salvation, but its speaking of the fruit of Salvation in time, inbelieving the Truth, resulting from Sanctification of the Spirit. In a real sense, being able to believe the Truth is a Saving or Salvation [from error]. Thats what Paul means here 1 Cor 1:21

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

For preaching does not save anyone from hell or the penalty of sin, Christ's Death alone done that !

Again here to Timothy 1 Tim 4:16

Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Doctrine does not actually save anyone from the penalty of sin, but it does save from the delusions of sin and false gospels and doctrines , to belief of the Truth !

The Truth however is that ELECTION is ones Salvation from the Eternal Perspective, in the Eternal Realm, wherein from Eternity Past, the Elect ones, Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world as Per Eph 1:4, are by that Divine choice, saved in the purpose of God from the penalty of sin 2 Tim 1:9, and so that shall result in time, a Salvation wrought by the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13, which is but the fruit of Salvation they already had in the Eternal Purpose of God, which is Election Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
)

These Two purposes being the same , here in Rom 9:11 and 2 Tim 1:9, God's Purpose of Election in Christ,

So its concluded, it is not biblically correct to say Election is not Salvation, without clarification of the same !

beloved57

Is Election Salvation ? 2

Is Election Salvation ? 2

All who have been Chosen to Salvation in Eternity Past, or from the beginning , shall in time be called by the Gospel to believe the Truth 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Vs 14 being called by the Gospel, is precipitated by the Work of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth , which is the Gospel !

The Calling of the Gospel in Time reveals who was Elected before Time, so we come to know in time of our election before time by our calling, and thats what Peter means here 2 Pet 1:10

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Calling will always result from Election, and so its an evidence in time of election before time !

So in the scheme of Salvation, there is a Calling restricted to the Election, which of course cannot be the same that are called here without being of the election Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

FYI, this called refers to the natural seed of Abraham in the formulation of the Covenant Nation of Israel, However within that Nation resided only a very small remnant of the Election of Grace !

Nanja

All who have been Chosen to Salvation in Eternity Past, or from the beginning , shall in time be called by the Gospel to believe the Truth 2 Thess 2:13-14

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Vs 14 being called by the Gospel, is precipitated by the Work of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth , which is the Gospel !

The Calling of the Gospel in Time reveals who was Elected before Time, so we come to know in time of our election before time by our calling, and thats what Peter means here 2 Pet 1:10

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Calling will always result from Election, and so its an evidence in time of election before time !

So in the scheme of Salvation, there is a Calling restricted to the Election, which of course cannot be the same that are called here without being of the election Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

FYI, this called refers to the natural seed of Abraham in the formulation of the Covenant Nation of Israel, However within that Nation resided only a very small remnant of the Election of Grace !

Many are confused on this issue of "Is Election Salvation?".

Parts 1 and 2 provide excellent clarification for those who have ears to hear.

~~~~~

beloved57

Why man hates the Gospel Truth of Election !

Why man hates the Gospel Truth of Election !

1 Cor 1:29

That no flesh should glory/boast in his presence.

That word glory is also translated boast as in Eph 2:9 !

Now, we as men by nature hate Election because it gives us no reason to boast about our so called freewill; Thats right, we cannot boast that I chose to believe with my own freewill and so God saved me because of it, and you didn't so God has not saved you ! Thats boasting whether we say it like that or not, but if in the final analysis one can say i am saved as a result of my freewill to believe, and since you didn't use that same opportunity of freewill afforded you, you are still lost, thats boasting or a cause to boast.

But the Pure Doctrine of Election takes that boast away, so the natural man hates that Doctrine !

Nanja

1 Cor 1:29

That no flesh should glory/boast in his presence.

That word glory is also translated boast as in Eph 2:9 !

Now, we as men by nature hate Election because it gives us no reason to boast about our so called freewill; Thats right, we cannot boast that I chose to believe with my own freewill and so God saved me because of it, and you didn't so God has not saved you ! Thats boasting whether we say it like that or not, but if in the final analysis one can say i am saved as a result of my freewill to believe, and since you didn't use that same opportunity of freewill afforded you, you are still lost, thats boasting or a cause to boast.

Exactly stated!

It's boasting in what they did: "I chose, because I am more wise than that other guy, who let his opportunity slip away".

But the Pure Doctrine of Election takes that boast away, so the natural man hates that Doctrine !

Amen! Because God's Election is the determining factor in Salvation, not any action of man,
It leaves no room for boasting. But only Praise to God for the riches of His Grace!

Eph.1:6-7 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

It's boasting in what they did: "I chose, because I am more wise than that other guy, who let his opportunity slip away".

Right On !

Amen! Because God's Election is the determining factor in Salvation, not any action of man,
It leaves no room for boasting. But only Praise to God for the riches of His Grace!

Eph.1:6-7 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

There you go !

beloved57

Why man hates the Gospel Truth of Election ! 2

Why man hates the Gospel Truth of Election ! 2

Let me illustrate this freewill boasting concept and how Election puts a stop to it ! Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Now whats makes the difference between those who receive Christ and those who dont ?

The one who is a boaster will say that it was his own freewill that made the difference, but the ones who believe in Election says God's Election made the difference.

See Election points to God making the Difference, but boasting points to their freewill making the difference in saved and lost, or who receives Christ or not.

So thats why Election to Salvation is so hated by the natural man, for then he cannot find cause to boast about what he had done to win God's approval over the other guy !

Nanja

Let me illustrate this freewill boasting concept and how Election puts a stop to it ! Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Now whats makes the difference between those who receive Christ and those who dont ?

The one who is a boaster will say that it was his own freewill that made the difference, but the ones who believe in Election says God's Election made the difference.

See Election points to God making the Difference, but boasting points to their freewill making the difference in saved and lost, or who receives Christ or not.

So thats why Election to Salvation is so hated by the natural man, for then he cannot find cause to boast about what he had done to win God's approval over the other guy !

Also with Election, the natural man can't boast, because according to Scripture,
he doesn't even have the ability to receive Christ.

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~