Beware Evos being funny about Whale Bones…

rainee

They're still just as much of a poster child. Clearly, they aren't used for walking and yet that's clearly their original purpose, that's the point.

Some scientists might say anything used in the reproduction is part of its original purpose, mightn't they?

You understand we are being told now that these small bones are attached to muscles that are attached to primary sex organs, right?

And that these little bones have grown bigger and bigger over time even though the ribs of the same creatures have not grown bigger, right?

IF anything, according to the way some are spinning this discovery, the bones are examples of evolutionary pressure on whale's sex parts - and this has nothing to do with walking or land dwelling - in fact apparently exists because these creatures are competing and reproducing in a watery environment.

(But yes, they ain't letting go of the "vestigial remnants" either.
They would like their modern example of evo and their evidence of deterioration as remains to both survive this.)

Talk about extra miracles. :p

No, not miracles. If He told the creatures to fill the earth after the flood - then He had the means for them to do so.

And it would have been quite natural, I think.

Massive abilities to change would have been built in - just like scientists are finding now regarding tetrapods:

The complex, weight-bearing hips that humans and other walking animals have were once thought to have evolved through a series of complicated processes. Now, though, scientists have discovered that the evolution from the basic hips of fish to these weight-bearing hips may have been a far simpler process.
They found that, surprisingly, the differences between human hip bones and fish hips aren't nearly as great as they first appeared.

In fact, it turns out that most of the key elements that are necessary for the transformation to human hips were already present in our fish ancestors.

"Many of the muscles thought to be 'new' in tetrapods evolved from muscles already present in lungfish," said Catherine Boisvert of the Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute at Monash University in a news release. "We also found evidence of a new, more simple path by which skeletal structures would have evolved."

So exactly how would these bones have evolved?

The researchers discovered that the sitting bones would have evolved by the extension of the already existing pubis. The connection to the vertebral column could have then evolved from an iliac process already present in fish.

From: The Fishy Origins of Human Hips: Evolution from Sea to Land
Science World Report/ First Posted: May 14, 2013 01:54 PM EDT

In other words, we showed the transition from a simple fish hip to that of a complex weight-bearing one could be done in a few developmental steps, and that most of the key elements for the transformation of our hips as we waddled onto land were already present in our fish ancestors.

Dr Catherine Boisvert is a research fellow based at the Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute at Monash University.

From A dip in your hip, a glide in your stride? You have fish to thank
Monash University/5 June 2013

So for me it was already in their make up to have the ability to become land animals - before they ever did. If that is how it went. But in spite of all the ability to change - it happened for a short time after the flood to fill the brave new world and then it stopped. DNA, RNA - everything became more or less stagnant. Portions were dropped, or became damaged, and just plain non functioning for the most part.

See? No miracles. Just nature. (In God's world)

Frogs are amphibians. Amphibians were the first group to branch off from fish ancestors. They still have a lot of fish-like traits. You act as if metamorphosis disproves evolution somehow. That really makes no sense.

They were the first group to branch off? Yet they have only gotten this far in millions of years? That is a stretch for me to accept.
Do you really believe in a theory that tells you that?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Crocodiles have ears, just not external ones so . . .
It was supposed to be "tears." I have fixed it. I missed the 't' while typing and as "ears" is a word my spell check did not catch it. I'm not sure if you've heard the phrase before, as it might be a local idiom.

They must have had land living ancestors.
And this is why I don't accept evolution. Because the arguments boil down to this and no one is willing to accept they might be wrong, or that there are other possibilities.

6days

TracerBullet said:
Angel4Truth said:
They used to claim the appendix and tonsils were vestigal parts, now they know better.

Creationists mistakenly think that vestigial means 'useless'

Silly evolutionists..... it was them who*claimed that our appendix was "useless" and evidence of evolution.

Science proved our appendix has design and function. Now evolutionists claim our functional appendix is evidence of evolution.*

Evolutionism is a belief system where evidence and science don't matter.

6days

Nope. There are levels of certainty and Evolutionary theory is about as certain as you can get in science.
So says evangelical evolutionism.
But God's Word and empirical science say otherwise.
In the beginning, God created...

noguru

Hi there TB,

I appreciate you posting here on my thread. And I appreciate you trying to minimize what this latest discovery has done.

However, didn't you read any of the articles?

Here are some headlines:

Long-forgotten secrets of whale sex revealed – Washington Post
By on September 9, 2014

(Don't you see the term "long-forgotten" is trying to cushion you some, dear? Or if not you - plenty of others.)

Whale sex revealed: 'Useless' hips bones are crucial to reproduction - and size really matters, study finds - By Sarah Griffiths for MailOnline
Published: 05:45 EST, 10 September 2014

(Oh and please do not blame me for so many using the term "useless"
regarding whale hip bones - I certainly had nothing to do with it and have been merely quoting the popular term.)

Why Do Dolphins and Whales Still Have Pelvic Bones? To Please the Ladies
(iflscience) September 10, 2014 | by Janet Fang

(Shouldn't I stop here? Ok, one more!)

Useless? No - Whale Hips Play Sexy Role
By Stephanie Pappas, Live Science Contributor | September 10, 2014 12:10pm ET

Hey Rainee, you are being a weasel here. It is clear that you are confused by your own deceit again.

noguru

I see the usual moronic YEC suspects have lined up to cheer Rainee on her stupid thread. You guys are a joke. None of you have the slightest clue about what you discuss here, but you will never realize this. Because your egos are so over bloated that you can't even see when you are wrong.

noguru

It was supposed to be "tears." I have fixed it. I missed the 't' while typing and as "ears" is a word my spell check did not catch it. I'm not sure if you've heard the phrase before, as it might be a local idiom.

And this is why I don't accept evolution. Because the arguments boil down to this and no one is willing to accept they might be wrong, or that there are other possibilities.

:chuckle:

From the king of morons himself.

Oh the irony is just too much.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

From the king of morons himself.

Oh the irony is just too much.
I don't demand that what I believe is the only possibility, nor do I reject the notion that I could be wrong to the point of never changing my mind.

noguru

I don't demand that what I believe is the only possibility, nor do I reject the notion that I could be wrong to the point of never changing my mind.

:rotfl:

Actions speak louder than words. Who exactly, other than yourself and the other gullible morons with which you share a stagnant theology, do you think you are fooling?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
:rotfl:

Actions speak louder than words. Who exactly, other than yourself and the other gullible morons with which you share a stagnant theology, do you think you are fooling?
The evidence is on this site. I did not join TOL with the same beliefs I hold today. You, on the other hand...

rainee

Hey Rainee, you are being a weasel here. It is clear that you are confused by your own deceit again.

Wait a minute.
You called me a cockroach and now a weasel?

That is like millions and millions of evolutionary changes I must have gone through...

Are you sure it is not you who is confused, Noguru?

I am not deceitful. I'm trying to point out the spin that was put on one rather unusual find - namely that floating bones once used to demonstrate the evolution of whales are growing.

The Washington Post article revealed it has always been known that these bones were being currently used - but this has NEVER been taught anywhere that I can find. NEVER. And the said article claimed this was a little known or shared fact. So I do not stand alone in that claim.

But once these bones were found to be increasing in size rather than diminishing - well - positive evolutionists knew if they tried hard enough they could find an appropriate explanation.

And they did - the male whale penis.

You don't like this turn of events?

Do not blame me.

noguru

But for you I bet we should move on to MAN and his evolution, yes?

It does not matter what you move on to. Either you are being purposely obtuse or you really don't get it. Either way you have demonstrated that your opinion is irrelevant.

noguru

Wait a minute.
You called me a cockroach and now a weasel?

That is like millions and millions of evolutionary changes I must have gone through...

Are you sure it is not you who is confused, Noguru?

I am not deceitful. I'm trying to point out the spin that was put on one rather unusual find - namely that floating bones once used to demonstrate the evolution of whales are growing.

The Washington Post article revealed it has always been known that these bones were being currently used - but this has NEVER been taught anywhere that I can find. NEVER. And the said article claimed this was a little known or shared fact. So I do not stand alone in that claim.

But once these bones were found to be increasing in size rather than diminishing - well - positive evolutionists knew if they tried hard enough they could find an appropriate explanation.

And they did - the male whale penis.

You don't like this turn of events?

Do not blame me.

Again, your analysis of this is incomplete and therefore inaccurate. But it will not matter if the complete story is put right in front of you, because you will continue to parrot the same mindless non sense.

News flash:

Science does not care that Rainee either cannot or will not understand.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What in your belief system has changed and what evidence do you say caused that change?
The open view, eternal security, MAD, God's view of unrepentant sinners... just to name a few. What caused the change was the clear and plain Scripture. For so long I had been told that certain verses didn't really mean what they said, and one day someone pointed out to me that there is no evidence within the text that they could mean anything else. And then there's the fact that many passages were just ignored from the pulpit and other places. For instance, do you know how many presentations of Psalm 139 are out there that ignore verses 19-22?

noguru

The open view, eternal security, MAD, God's view of unrepentant sinners... just to name a few. What caused the change was the clear and plain Scripture. For so long I had been told that certain verses didn't really mean what they said, and one day someone pointed out to me that there is no evidence within the text that they could mean anything else. And then there's the fact that many passages were just ignored from the pulpit and other places. For instance, do you know how many presentations of Psalm 139 are out there that ignore verses 19-22?

Oh well you will have to forgive me for not being impressed that you have decided on an even more twisted and demented philosophy regarding reality. Moving further away from reality is not what I meant. That just demonstrates that you are a poor decision maker.

And please spare me the "clear and plain Scripture" rhetoric. You guys are a bunch of morons. That much is plain and clear and you can't even see that. But you somehow think that entrenching yourself further in folly somehow justifies your horrendous observation skills.