The Simplicity of the Gospel and the Complexity of Religion

j4jesus09

We did nothing to be made sinners! As sinners we produced results of sinners. We did nothing to become righteous. We produce the results of righteousness. Some of the results of righteousness would be first and foremost accepting Jesus Christ for the redemption of sin, loving God, loving people, hmmm, serving God, loving people, reading the bible, loving people. I could go on. Once God makes us righteous by Jesus Christ, the gospel of reconcilation knocking us out for the count by pure love, some suffering, and many more ways God reaches us. This this is a very intricate process that can't be seen by the human eye but the spiritual eye. Accepting Jesus Christ is not a walk up to the altar type of thing and say I accept Jesus and not mean it. This is a turn my life whole life around my do a 180 degree spin thought that hits you that you have NEVER thought before. Your salvation is a bit risky as God is not my author of my faith and salvation but I am.

j4jesus09

Paul was just letting us know that he was a sinner that was struggling with sin.

Every one has the ability to believe on Christ.

If God didn't give us the ability to believe on Christ he would not be just.

Negative!!!!! He said NO GOOD THING IS IN ME! I REPEAT SIR! NO GOOD THING IS IN ME. ONE MORE TIME VERY SLOWLY!!!! NO GOOD THING IS IN ME. Robert no good thing sir! Not one. And it's all good because CHRIST is that one good thing that works in us, the not good thing. Yes, God must GIVE us the ability. The ability must be given. ONce again, it must be given to us. Now Paul says that no good thing is in us? But the ability to want God is a good thing. SO?? Something must be going on here. If I can't walk because my legs are lame, but God gives me the ability to walk I can one not use the ability or two I can use the ability. Now for a person not to use the ability you are calling that the reason people don't get saved. Who is that stupid?

Robert Pate

Banned
We did nothing to be made sinners! As sinners we produced results of sinners. We did nothing to become righteous. We produce the results of righteousness. Some of the results of righteousness would be first and foremost accepting Jesus Christ for the redemption of sin, loving God, loving people, hmmm, serving God, loving people, reading the bible, loving people. I could go on. Once God makes us righteous by Jesus Christ, the gospel of reconcilation knocking us out for the count by pure love, some suffering, and many more ways God reaches us. This this is a very intricate process that can't be seen by the human eye but the spiritual eye. Accepting Jesus Christ is not a walk up to the altar type of thing and say I accept Jesus and not mean it. This is a turn my life whole life around my do a 180 degree spin thought that hits you that you have NEVER thought before. Your salvation is a bit risky as God is not my author of my faith and salvation but I am.

All who come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Just like on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41. They hear the Gospel, they believe the Gospel and they are born again.

The Gospel is not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

We receive what Christ has done for us by faith.

God is always the author of your faith. That is unless you think that you can save yourself.

beloved57

All who come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Just like on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41. They hear the Gospel, they believe the Gospel and they are born again.

God is always the author of your faith. That is unless you think that you can save yourself.

This is Salvation by works, by what the sinner does !

j4jesus09

You see author as he wrote a good book of guidelines for salvation and you thought it was a good choice. I see author as he formed me in the womb before I was born for salvation and then as I grew I heard or I read about God and Jesus and knew this was what has been calling me all my life. No choice involved once I KNEW THE TRUTH. Of course some would said they did or do have a choice, I would question as to what truth they found. Before I knew the truth I thought I had choices. Nope I didn't, just a slave to my sin. Now I'm a slave to God and righteousness. Zero Choice sir! Now I do know my mind may wonder but God has me in His grip. He always has. Don't let your mind deceive you! Think about it.... If God said go straight, why turn left? That is a symptom of evil and our sin which breeds confidence in a choice other than God. Once you are growing in the Spirit there is no option of choice only the WAY!

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
You see author as he wrote a good book of guidelines for salvation and you thought it was a good choice. I see author as he formed me in the womb before I was born for salvation and then as I grew I heard or I read about God and Jesus and knew this was what has been calling me all my life. No choice involved once I KNEW THE TRUTH. Of course some would said they did or do have a choice, I would question as to what truth they found. Before I knew the truth I thought I had choices. Nope I didn't, just a slave to my sin. Now I'm a slave to God and righteousness. Zero Choice sir! Now I do know my mind may wonder but God has me in His grip. He always has. Don't let your mind deceive you! Think about it.... If God said go straight, why turn left? That is a symptom of evil and our sin which breeds confidence in a choice other than God. Once you are growing in the Spirit there is no option of choice only the WAY!

If you were born for salvation then Jesus Christ lived and died in vain.

God did not predestinate anyone around his Son Jesus Christ. if you want to be saved you will have to call on Christ to save you.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

If you don't call on him to save you, you will hear those dreadful words..."Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

God does NOTHING outside of his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:17.

j4jesus09

God did not predestinate anyone around his Son Jesus Christ. if you want to be saved you will have to call on Christ to save you.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

If you don't call on him to save you, you will hear those dreadful words..."Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

Jesus Christ did not live and die in vain because He was born for a purpose we were born for a purpose. He is the greatest of us all.
Whoever calls on the name of the Lord is a true statement. If you know the truth you won't only call on him once, but many more times in life. God does everything through His son Jesus. I was born for salvation and at the right time I was shown His Son who came before me. Apparently you haven't been given insight on God's direct love for you yet. But it will come if you are sincere about loving God and walking in His Spirit. God set Jeremiah apart before he was born. Think about it.

Jeremiah 1:5

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
There are certain historical facts, evidence and data in the Bible. After all Christianity is a historical faith about which several things did actually happen and affected the writing of the gospels.

So you're always going to have a bedrock of true ("factually correct") events and so you are going to have men's theology overlaid on those events. A good example is the concept of Trinity.
It is NOT found in the text, but men later have extracted a triune meaning from the text.

If a Christian student of the Bible wants to fine-tune his or her interpretation of the text, it helps to first of all realize and accept what is actually written there.

Next, it deepens one's faith to resolve to discover what the verse or passage meant to the original author as well as how the ancient audience heard the verse or passage.

And finally, we might also try to relate the meaning of that passage to the world we live in as both a practical guide and a sacred truth to strive for.

To me this is common sense. I have felt for too long that to enter the doorway of most churches in America I am required to leave my brain at the door first. That is not following the truth, as I see, because my faith is the result of my mind as well as my heart.

Cruciform

The Gospel is a very simple message... Catholicism is...so full of do's and dont's that you have to take a course to become a member of the Catholic Church.
Sure, the Christian message is so "simple" that the apostles had to spend three years away from their families in detailed and in-depth study of the Tanach as taught by Jesus of Nazareth in order to properly communicate the Gospel of the Kingdom. While the Gospel CAN be simplified and distilled according to the immediate needs of the situation, it can also take a LIFETIME to adequately and accurately learn its content and implications.

But, once again, Pate takes a single biblical verse out of context and runs with it, failing to account for all of the other biblical data on the same subject. Thus, his methodology is internally corrupt from the start. Caveat emptor.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
There are certain historical facts, evidence and data in the Bible. After all Christianity is a historical faith about which several things did actually happen and affected the writing of the gospels.

So you're always going to have a bedrock of true ("factually correct") events and so you are going to have men's theology overlaid on those events. A good example is the concept of Trinity.
It is NOT found in the text, but men later have extracted a triune meaning from the text.

If a Christian student of the Bible wants to fine-tune his or her interpretation of the text, it helps to first of all realize and accept what is actually written there.

Next, it deepens one's faith to resolve to discover what the verse or passage meant to the original author as well as how the ancient audience heard the verse or passage.

And finally, we might also try to relate the meaning of that passage to the world we live in as both a practical guide and a sacred truth to strive for.

To me this is common sense. I have felt for too long that to enter the doorway of most churches in America I am required to leave my brain at the door first. That is not following the truth, as I see, because my faith is the result of my mind as well as my heart.

The Bible teachs that God is three in one, 1 John 5:7.

beloved57

You dont believe in the Jesus Christ of scripture, you teach that He was a Failure as a Saviour, that millions for whom He Lived and died wind up in Hell for their sins ! What happened ?

Robert Pate

Banned
You dont believe in the Jesus Christ of scripture, you teach that He was a Failure as a Saviour, that millions for whom He Lived and died wind up in Hell for their sins ! What happened ?

Like you they did not have faith in the saving work of Christ.

"But he that does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3:18.

Instead of believing in Christ, you believe in John Calvin.

beloved57

Like you they did not have faith in the saving work of Christ.

"But he that does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3:18.

Instead of believing in Christ, you believe in John Calvin.

You teach that Christ is a failure, that millions He lived and died for end up in Hell lost!

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that Christ is a failure, that millions He lived and died for end up in Hell lost!

Only because like you they don't believe.

"But he that does not believe is condemned already" John 3:18.

If you believed in Christ you would not need your heretic God, John Calvin.

beloved57

Only because like you they don't believe.

"But he that does not believe is condemned already" John 3:18.

If you believed in Christ you would not need your heretic God, John Calvin.

You teach salvation by works, by what a person does! That's a false Gospel that denies Christ!