Is God one being, or two beings or three?

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Prophet

For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. 1 Cor 8:6

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Doesn't anyone ever read the bible?

Was Jesus lying when He was praying to the Father and said the Father is the only true God.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

Was Jesus lying when He said that we have the very same God and very same Father that He does.

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

Was Paul lying when He said for us there is only one God the Father.

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

Over and over and over it says God is the Father.

Eph 4:6
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(NKJ)

Even the demons know there is only one God.

James 2:19
19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-- and tremble!
(NKJ)

God's Truth

Was Jesus lying when He was praying to the Father and said the Father is the only true God.

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

Was Jesus lying when He said that we have the very same God and very same Father that He does.

17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-- and tremble!
(NKJ)
God did not pretend to come as a Man He really did come as a Man.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
God did not pretend to come as a Man He really did come as a Man.

I said
So you cant confess that it was Jesus who came in the flesh and not God.

I Jn 4:3
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
(NKJ)

God's Truth

I said
So you cant confess that it was Jesus who came in the flesh and not God.

I Jn 4:3
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
(NKJ)

I am doing no such thing.

God came as a Man named Jesus Christ.

eddie17

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

may i add when tempted by satan to worship him,jesus explicity replied "worship the Lord your God and serve only him"

And when he was adrdressed as "Good teacher",he is recalled as replying "Why do you call me good? no one is good but God alone"

or take another example in several passages Paul also speaks of God as " the God.....of our Lord jesus christ"

Also worthy of notice are the first two peitions with which jesus began the prayer that he taught to his disciples.The first "Hallowed be your name".Basic to the idea of "holiness",of the adjective "holy" and the verb "hallow"is the thought of otherness,set apartness from everyday usage.

And the second petition "may your kingdom come"

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 John 5:7 Modern English Version (MEV)

7 There are three who testify in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and the three are one.

j4jesus09

God meaning Elohim? Seems there are more Elohim then Yahweh and Jesus Christ. Angels are included in the term.

Psalm 8:5 says You have made him a little lower than angels(elohim). That was the hebrew word used but our translations say angels. So God(Elohim) can obviously be one, two, three, and many more. Just interesting how the bible breaks this word down. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.