The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
People of the talking donkey, unicorns and child rape challenge veracity......:rotfl:

A donkey never exhibited logos. Fail.

Unicorns are singular-horned animals, similar to oxen or a species of oxen. Fail.

Child rape accusations are bogus like much else. Fail.

And any lack of veracity of scripture would STILL leave the UB as merely a fictional novel series. It can't even be scrutinized beyond opinion at the simple reading level. Fail.

Your problem, besides delusion, is the high-context English language and its sub-cognitive influence for vague conceptualization.

And you don't and can't even know what I'm referring to, unfortunately.

You can't substantiate the Urantia Book as anything more than imagination and revisionism. You always side-step that in favor of bare assertion and declarative presumption, just like freelight.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You guys seem to think that you're exempt from any standard form of actual apologetics and hermeneutics, yet you insist on holding others to those things.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
A donkey never exhibited logos. Fail.

Unicorns are singular-horned animals, similar to oxen or a species of oxen. Fail.

Child rape accusations are bogus like much else. Fail.

And any lack of veracity of scripture would STILL leave the UB as merely a fictional novel series. It can't even be scrutinized beyond opinion at the simple reading level. Fail.

Your problem, besides delusion, is the high-context English language and its sub-cognitive influence for vague conceptualization.

And you don't and can't even know what I'm referring to, unfortunately.

You can't substantiate the Urantia Book as anything more than imagination and revisionism. You always side-step that in favor of bare assertion and declarative presumption, just like freelight.

Read the book then get back to us about what it is that you don't agree with. I once asked you if you had read the Jesus papers, you said that you had not, so why even come to this thread, isn't their a thread for the quibbling orthodox?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You guys seem to think that you're exempt from any standard form of actual apologetics and hermeneutics, yet you insist on holding others to those things.

Read the book first and I will explain it to you where it pricks your established historical worldview brought to you by the people who rejected Jesus (based on their sealed books of wisdom) then killed him and STILL reject him after 2000 yeas to review their records.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Read the book then get back to us about what it is that you don't agree with. I once asked you if you had read the Jesus papers, you said that you had not, so why even come to this thread, isn't their a thread for the quibbling orthodox?

You must have mistaken me for someone else or misunderstood. I've read the first 12 Papers, and have skimmed portions of the rest to varying degrees.

I've also read a great bulk of all the many writings that freelight posts as links (but long before he posted them).

You're just accustomed to being able to scam others into not saying anything and forcing the conversation to be reading-comprehension-based as your standard. That doesn't work with me.

You stil have to establish apologetics FOR the content, and the UB is no different than any number of general fictional writings throughout the ages. You can't prove otherwise, and that's the point of your evasion and freelight's.

You want to declare a default of veracity. Even if NO other writing in history of any kind had ANY veracity, that comparison doesn't validate the UB.

You want a status of validity for content that has no scrutiny whatsoever. You demand a face-value acceptance or you become beligerant and sarcastic in defense.

You have no formal apologetics to support anything about the UB, so you attack with fallacies of content to claim superiority. It's a specific technique that is a socio-political employment of semantical leverage.

You're the ones being provocational by your means of assertion without apologetics. You can only defend by bare declaration and attacking with fallacies, etc.

All the invasive and oppressive regimes throughout history have done the same to displace truth. You're no different.

The UB is a giant fictional library book. And you have no apologetics otherwise. Just tantrums after your bare assertions and presumptions and misrepresentations are challenged.

You're a fraud, just as the UB is a fraud.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Read the book first and I will explain it to you where it pricks your established historical worldview brought to you by the people who rejected Jesus (based on their sealed books of wisdom) then killed him and STILL reject him after 2000 yeas to review their records.

I've read far too much of the Urantia Papers already.

It's revisionist drivel. And you have no means of establishing any valid apologetics.

Reading content is irrelevant. The literature must be qualified for validity apart from its content.

That's your high-context sub-cognitive programming from the English language itself. And you can't even know it.

None of this has anything to do with Caiaphas or Pharisees. I'm not in the mainstream lame-duck schism of diluted Christianity. That should be obvious.

rainee

It's revisionist drivel. And you have no means of establishing any valid apologetics.

Reading content is irrelevant. The literature must be qualified for validity apart from its content.

That's your high-context sub-cognitive programming from the English language itself. And you can't even know it.

None of this has anything to do with Caiaphas or Pharisees. I'm not in the mainstream lame-duck schism of diluted Christianity. That should be obvious.

Do you have to pick on the English Language?
Even when you are right on another thing -- you try to drag poor English through the mud, sigh

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Do you have to pick on the English Language?
Even when you are right on another thing -- you try to drag poor English through the mud, sigh

It's not just English. It's all high-context languages, and it's about their inherent passive structural functionality to pattern the heart and mind.

Once that's exposed and dealt with over a period of time, the English language is fine. But only amongst those who have identified and compensated for its influence on their hearts.

If you knew how high-context language has violated you, you'd be incensed. Your very substance (hypostasis) has been changed, along with your person (prosopon).

I'm just identifying the perpetrator and his devices. And I have the solution, but few online listen to anything but themselves.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
terms......

terms......

It's not just English. It's all high-context languages, and it's about their inherent passive structural functionality to pattern the heart and mind.

Once that's exposed and dealt with over a period of time, the English language is fine. But only amongst those who have identified and compensated for its influence on their hearts.

If you knew how high-context language has violated you, you'd be incensed. Your very substance (hypostasis) has been changed, along with your person (prosopon)..

Careful rainee.....those 'context' issues could put your panties in a pinch :crackup: also have to keep close tabs on hypostasis and prosopon issues....they can be tricky.

I'm just identifying the perpetrator and his devices. And I have the solution, but few online listen to anything but themselves.

Pot meet kettle.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
addressing the subject

addressing the subject

Go back and review my posts.....they stand. Provide your proofs per my statements beyond assertion, belief, opinion and personal preference. Is that possible? If you make a truth or falsehood claim....how can it be proved? Specify what is false besides a sweeping blanket statement or assumption to support your view. Show what is false on the papers commentary on God's nature, character and attributes. How about start there? The first 3 papers cover this here.

Let all readers of the first 3 papers honestly evaluate their content. The subject of God is the most essential/fundamental subject upon which all else rests. Is what is revealed true?

pj

Zeke

So, every new generation of scripture authors were all just adding to the allegory?

The historic generations don't manifest in the manner scripture portrays, even scholars in Israel say the history doesn't support the claims being made.

Astrotheology clears up the need for a literal outward Christ, the inward Christ is the only one that matters to me, you disagree and believe in a literal Jesus, I just don't see the need anymore.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

If there is something in the first 12 papers that you want discuss have at it, but the UB doesn't derive it's authority from the current bible book list any more than Jesus derived his authority from the OT scripture, or John etc.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The historic generations don't manifest in the manner scripture portrays, even scholars in Israel say the history doesn't support the claims being made.

Astrotheology clears up the need for a literal outward Christ, the inward Christ is the only one that matters to me, you disagree and believe in a literal Jesus, I just don't see the need anymore.

I agree with the inconsistent history of the Hebrews but I was trying to understand how you see all of if as allegory.

Zeke

I agree with the inconsistent history of the Hebrews but I was trying to understand how you see all of if as allegory.

Allegory is just how I take the teachings, but I know there are diverse methods used in the scripture, symbolic, Figurative, poetic, similtudes, types, shadows, etc..........but they can also come under the term allegory.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
'literal' and beyond.......

'literal' and beyond.......

We could say that truth is not 'literal', but only literally depicted :) Reality is prior to words, thoughts, concepts. It is the very heart of the Self...The inherent truth that is being....The light innate within consciousness. Nothing exists outside of consciousness but the unknowable. All else is in the domain of light in-formation.....which is space-time creation. All else is relative, but The One is Absolute. Relating includes the dual play of light, movement, perception....where any relativity exists....a knowing 'subject' perceiving objects.

Explanations fall back to conceptual-frames. See here. The fun is discovering the reality that lies behind the veil of words, but thought structures have their place. Substance and forms......relating.

As far as Jesus goes, we relate to him personally, figuratively, conceptually or otherwise ...in whatever essence or form we engage. While his actual physical being is non-present....there is only the figurative, mindal or spiritual means of relating...until/unless he should materialise :)

pj

Letsargue

Hi Guys, I hope you don't mind me placing this.
If there is Any Division of you and any other - So "Called Christian", you must Prove yourself, that You are not Divided from Christ. - Division is from Christ, not from any other lost person. All Lost, are Divided from Christ, and All saved are Not Divided from Christ. There is only one Division, - all the lost from all the saved with Christ!!

(( 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV )) -- 10- "Now I beseech you, brethren, ( by the "Name of our Lord Jesus Christ" ), that ( ye ALL speak the same thing ), and ((( that there be no Divisions among you ))); but ( that ye be perfectly joined together in the (( SAME "MIND" )) and in the same judgment )". --//-----

(( 1 Corinthians 2:16 KJV )) -- 16- "For who hath known the (( MIND of the Lord )), that HE may instruct him? ((( But we have the MIND of Christ ))). --//-----

To be in the same "Mind" is to be IN The "Mind" of Christ!!

You either have the Mind of Christ and not divided from any other Christian, or you are Lost and IN HELL Already. -- The Christian's Only Duty is to: - ((( Jude 1:23 KJV ))) -- 23- "And (( others SAVE with fear )), ((( Pulling them OUT OF THE FIRE ))); hating even the garment spotted by the flesh". --//-----

Which of any two of you so called "christians", who want to cause trouble, are NOT Divided in Some doctrine taught by Christ??

((( Romans 3:10-12 KJV ))) --&--- ((( Psalms 14:2-3 KJV ))) --//-----

Paul, David -- 081514

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hi Guys, I hope you don't mind me placing this.
If there is Any Division of you and any other - So "Called Christian", you must Prove yourself, that You are not Divided from Christ. - Division is from Christ, not from any other lost person. All Lost, are Divided from Christ, and All saved are Not Divided from Christ. There is only one Division, - all the lost from all the saved with Christ!!

(( 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV )) -- 10- "Now I beseech you, brethren, ( by the "Name of our Lord Jesus Christ" ), that ( ye ALL speak the same thing ), and ((( that there be no Divisions among you ))); but ( that ye be perfectly joined together in the (( SAME "MIND" )) and in the same judgment )". --//-----

(( 1 Corinthians 2:16 KJV )) -- 16- "For who hath known the (( MIND of the Lord )), that HE may instruct him? ((( But we have the MIND of Christ ))). --//-----

To be in the same "Mind" is to be IN The "Mind" of Christ!!

You either have the Mind of Christ and not divided from any other Christian, or you are Lost and IN HELL Already. -- The Christian's Only Duty is to: - ((( Jude 1:23 KJV ))) -- 23- "And (( others SAVE with fear )), ((( Pulling them OUT OF THE FIRE ))); hating even the garment spotted by the flesh". --//-----

Which of any two of you so called "christians", who want to cause trouble, are NOT Divided in Some doctrine taught by Christ??

((( Romans 3:10-12 KJV ))) --&--- ((( Psalms 14:2-3 KJV ))) --//-----

Paul, David -- 081514

But Jesus said to him, "Do not hinder him; for he who is not against you is for you."

Status
Not open for further replies.