Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I concede. You are either a troll having a great laugh on us, or you are the first engineer I have ever seen who is dumber than a doorknob.
If I knew your profession maybe I could say something positive about you. I but I know nothing of that.

DavisBJ

If I knew your profession maybe I could say something positive about you. I but I know nothing of that.
We long ago admitted you are a nice guy, and in keeping with that image I can understand why you want to say something nice about me. But I am far more interested in how an avowed newly graduated engineer can completely misunderstand multiple explanations that should be understandable to an average junior high student. I don’t discuss radiological dating with the trees in front of my house, but given the choice of you or the trees, I unhesitatingly think the latter are the more likely to show they do actually understand. (Now that I have introduced trees in to the discussion, I’ll let you cogitate on how trees fit into radiological dating).

And just for kicks, if you live in the Puyallup, Graham, Edgewood, Milton, Enumclaw, Kent, or Auburn areas, then you should know that you may be living in the danger zone of the most dangerous volcano in the continental US.

6days

How long were Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden? I don't know.
I don't know either because Gods Word doesn't say...so it really doesn't matter. Why do you ask?
Perhaps we could assume it was a short time period since Cain and Abel were likely relatively young when Abel was killed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We long ago admitted you are a nice guy, and in keeping with that image I can understand why you want to say something nice about me. But I am far more interested in how an avowed newly graduated engineer can completely misunderstand multiple explanations that should be understandable to an average junior high student. I don’t discuss radiological dating with the trees in front of my house, but given the choice of you or the trees, I unhesitatingly think the latter are the more likely to show they do actually understand. (Now that I have introduced trees in to the discussion, I’ll let you cogitate on how trees fit into radiological dating).

And just for kicks, if you live in the Puyallup, Graham, Edgewood, Milton, Enumclaw, Kent, or Auburn areas, then you should know that you may be living in the danger zone of the most dangerous volcano in the continental US.
And it is not Mount Saint Helens, though in the same state.

How does radiological dating relate to trees?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't know either because Gods Word doesn't say...so it really doesn't matter. Why do you ask?
Perhaps we could assume it was a short time period since Cain and Abel were likely relatively young when Abel was killed.
There is much that can be discussed about the garden of eden and the fall of mankind (when Eve and Adam sinned).

I don't know that there were any apples in the garden of eden mentioned in the scriptures.

noguru

I spoke of what? What are you talking about? I think you are arrogant to say you had more understanding about anything, if you do not accept that God created the universe.

Oh, I see. So as long as you tack on the label "Christian" to your claims then your opinions automatically have credibility? Do you think that is a good scientific argument. I mean that you don't actually have to understand any of these details for yourself, all you need to do us say "I believe in God" and

ABRACADABRA!

you now have understanding?

That's very convenient.

6days

Well, the Bible contains the word of God.* (It can summarily be called the word of God.* That is why I can say the Bible is the word of God.)* That is how I know it is infallible.* I trust you know there is a difference between scripture being inspired by God (God-breathed) and being infallible.* I believe the scriptures were without error in the original manuscripts.

Good answer.

We know that in the ancient manuscripts there are some copying errors, but there are none that would change any doctrine.*

Are you familiar with the booklet called 'More Than a Carpenter'? I think its a must read. An atheist set out to prove the Bible had errors...but surprise, *surprise...He meets Jesus on his 'Damascus' road. The book simply shows / explains how the internal and external evidences convinced him ( the author) that that our Bibles contain God's Word.*

(If you cant find the book, I could send you one)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, I see. So as long as you tack on the label "Christian" to your claims then your opinions automatically have credibility? Do you think that is a good scientific argument. I mean that you don't actually have to understand any of these details for yourself, all you need to do us say "I believe in God" and

ABRACADABRA!

you now have understanding?

That's very convenient.
I don't know what you are talking about here.

I know you claim you are a Christian and I know you are disagreeing with me when I talk about God's word.

6days

Well, the Bible contains the word of God.* (It can summarily be called the word of God.* That is why I can say the Bible is the word of God.)* That is how I know it is infallible.* I trust you know there is a difference between scripture being inspired by God (God-breathed) and being infallible.* I believe the scriptures were without error in the original manuscripts.

Good answer.

We know that in the ancient manuscripts there are some copying errors, but there are none that would change any doctrine. Also translations might give slightly different take on things.

Are you familiar with the booklet called 'More Than a Carpenter'? I think its a must read. An atheist set out to prove the Bible had errors...but surprise, *surprise...He meets Jesus on his 'Damascus' road. The book simply shows / explains how the internal and external evidences convinced him ( the author) that that our Bibles contain God's Word.*

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Good answer.

We know that in the ancient manuscripts there are some copying errors, but there are none that would change any doctrine.*

I read the book many many years ago. Thanks!

noguru

I don't know what you are talking about here.

I know you claim you are a Christian and I know you are disagreeing with me when I talk about God's word.

Yes, I understand the next deceptive tool in your emotional toolbox. It's called plausible deniability.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

Just another convenient attempt at deception.

DavisBJ

Sorry, have to get back to this later. I have a pet housefly that stays with me here under the Seattle viaduct, and his toe nails are getting entirely too long. I can’t find his (or her – I don’t know which) toenail clippers, so I have to fly to Japan where I bought him (her) to get some new ones. Later.

DavisBJ

OK, I am back from Japan. I managed to fly standby on the new 600-passenger sub-orbital SST that just started service to the Tokyo Tower. Neat (and really really fast).

Anyway, I have been doing a little reading in the Bible, as you recommended. Found some really neat stuff. I remember in Cecil B. DeMille’s movie of the Ten Commandments that it showed the newly freed Hebrews walking out of Egyptian captivity. That isn't what happened at all. In Exodus God says very clearly that “Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.” (Exodus 19:4, KJV). Boy, I’ll bet flying on eagles, just like Frodo did, was neater than my SST flight.

(My housefly is a bit miffed at me, he (yes it’s a he – I won’t tell you how I found that out) didn't want his toenails cut. First Cadry, and now my housefly – I am not doing such a bang-up job of keeping friends lately).

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Dear All,

I know this will be highly improbable, if not impossible to believe, but I have been visited three times, in three weeks, by three different angels, just during one month. It happened a while back. I'm going to tell you what the Lord told me; the facts. I hope it helps you all and that you STUDY your Bible and the first two books of Genesis to understand. Thank you. The earth has been here for a few billion years. Some of you seem to think that just by gradual changing, different species 'evolved'. Give God more credit than that. God created every creature on the earth, in each 'day' that is written in the Bible. This includes also when the dinosaurs were on earth. But, God wiped the screen blank a number of times indeed. In other words, He created and then obliterated, and formed each animal and bird, and critter and man/woman differently, each time changed in ways He saw fit. Just like He obliterated everyone but Noah and his family. There is NO EVOLUTION. Tell that to God when you see HIM. He has EVERY PART on how each animal/human was formed because He kept re-forming them and making them different each time. It's God's HANDIWORK here at stake, not "evolution's." Only God can change the DNA, gene, genome, proton, neutron or electron,..."From our own Adam and Eve being formed, this is the generation of OUR 'Adam.'

You'll notice in the first chapter of Genesis, it says God "Created" each in their 'day' or 'generation' (time in which they were generated). We also cannot ascertain that, in the past million years, 24 hours was the 'day's' length or it could have been 22 hours. All that I do know is that He has revealed something to me to share with others, for their sakes. He did create the first Adam and Eve in six days and rested on the seventh. Believe me or not. It really doesn't matter. In the first chapter of Genesis, it says God created the beasts and birds, and all of that, before He created man on the sixth 'day'. Now follow all this closely and re-read it as much as necessary for you. In the SECOND chapter of Genesis, does it not say that the Lord God "Formed" man from the dust of the ground. And the Lord God saw that the man was lonely, and so THEN He 'formed' the birds, and animals from the 'ground' and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. So first, we have Adam being CREATED after the birds and beasts were CREATED, and yet in Genesis chapter two, it says the Lord God FORMED man BEFORE the beasts and birds.

You will also notice that in the first chapter, God said the fowl/birds were created from the waters (Gen. 1:21), but in the second chapter, it says the Lord God FORMED the birds/fowl from the dust of the ground (Gen. 2:19). Now it is time for people to know the truth because they are questioning the true existence of God. I happen to know that God CREATED man and woman once, and the Lord God wiped them from the face of the earth many times and gave man and animals and plants, etc. another chance, as He saw fit. That is why we find man's bones that are way older than 6,000 years, or "OUR" ADAM. There were Adams and Eves formed many times over the thousands of years and they were changed as the Lord God saw fit. That is why it is written, "and He called THEIR name Adam in the day they were created. (See Gen. 5:1). That is why it is written, 'This is the book of the generations of Adam, in the image of God made he him/man.' I'm not sure that is the exact quote without looking it up right now. It is not a big matter. The Lord God has wiped the earth clean before and He will again. Remember Noah and his wife, of whom we are all descended from, therefore we are ALL Brothers and Sisters who don't get along well. Ishmael is the ancestor of all of the Arab people. Should God need to wipe away the sinners once again, like He did with Noah and with Sodom, another book will be written for that Generation of Adam (and Eve). I hope I've explained this well enough for now. If God decides to wipe us all off of the earth for sin, who would wonder why? Look at this earth and tell me what shape it is in? What are you going to do about it?? Forget your Evolution idea!! There is a Higher Power that oversees every little change in every creature He forms. That's all, just for now. Re-read and study, and look in your Bibles.
May the Lord God Continue to Bless the Lord Jesus,
For the Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand until I make thy enemies your footstool. He is doing just that. Can you understand any of this?? Please, if you have any comments, keep them civil and maybe kind? This is some of the info that the Lord told John of Patmos NOT to write (Rev. 10:4), when the seven thunders uttered their voices. People were not ready to handle it then, but we are ready now.

Praise His Greatness and His Intense Imagination, Which Is An Incredible Amazing Thing,

Michael Cadry

Go to the link below, then click on 'Book Copy', then SKU-text and the Title Page of my book will come up. You can then read it off your computer screen with your up and down cursor arrows.

www.jesusreturningverysoon.com
First off, I am personally curious as to the way your visitation from angels played out.

Was the visitation an auditory mystical experience like Paul and Luke describe that happened to Paul? Or was it a visual mystical experience, like the scant accounts of Jesus after the crucifixion?

The conflict between science and conservative religion is a real one. Even the fundamentalists on the Muslim side have the same stance.

The trouble as I see it is that now that atheists, non-believers, former believers, Christian mystics, humanists, those who claim to be "spiritual--not religious" have some important objections to the "Shari'a Law" aspect of both Christianity and Islam.

I think we need a new theology. The old theology is made up of dogmatic phrases and ancient faith formulations from the Old Testament times to the New Testament. Instead of claiming membership in the church by way of being able to give one's assent to a list of improbable beliefs, I think today's believers need to focus more on Jesus. This might help move us from a faith based on "right belief" to a faith based on "right practice."

This, in my view, would be based on getting familiar with what Jesus called "the Kingdom of God." Christianity should be all about a relationship with Jesus. And this is the Jesus who said:

--the Father makes his sun to shine on both the good AND the evil and sends his rain to fall on both the righteous and the unrighteous.
--"Love your enemies." This is part of what Jesus meant when he said to Pilate "My followers are not of this world."
--Give to others without thought of being recompensated.
--"Who made ME a judge?"
--"You cannot serve both God and "mammon" (mammon meaning money and riches).
--God is identified with the lost, the misshapen, the imprisoned, the poor and the unclean (Careful readers of Jesus' parables will note that "leaven" or yeast is always defined as "unclean" or "corruption."
--Jesus' parable of the Good Samaritan talks about a a member of a group of Jews that according to them were illegitament, unclean and basically "inhuman." Yet it is the Samaritan who ministers to the beaten man on the road to Jericho. In other words, God sometimes works through the "unclean."
--His parable of the party's host that is forced to call in the poor, the homeless and the "unclean" to attend his party is also a good example of the God of Jesus identifying with those the rest of us regard as "trash."

...and there are many, many more examples of the universality of God's love and care in the message and actions of Jesus.

Jesus would NEVER have been identified as "Savior of the World," "Lord," "Master," "Son of God" if he acted like a normal human being with the all-too-human sins like violence, selfishness, judgement, and other petty characteristics.

Truly, he was the Messiah. He was not a substitute Caesar.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Good answer.

"...none that would change any doctrine." ?

REALLY?

ANY doctrine?

A simple run-through on any of the threads on this site tell me that people have competing doctrines and each individual take is supposedly "proven" by Scripture!

6days

aikido7 said:
6days said:
We know that in the ancient manuscripts there are some copying errors, but there are none that would change any doctrine.

"...none that would change any doctrine." ?

REALLY?

ANY*doctrine?

A simple run-through on any of the threads on this site tell me that people have*competing doctrines*and each individual take is supposedly "proven" by Scripture!

There are many many different doctrines. But the different doctrines are not because of differences in the ancient manuscripts. Christians can have confidence that the Word of our Lord has been faithfully preserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.