The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

But Jesus said to him, "Do not hinder him; for he who is not against you is for you."

Well, - thus far, - early, -- I see you and I are - far, - very far apart. - BUT, -- I get my knowledge - now - from listening to the world, -- and "His" Thoughts just drop in my Mind. However, the only form of knowledge thus far from - Out there, has come from ~ ? -- ~ NOTHING but blackness!!, None at ALL. -- What I see in this world now, is Nothing but Hate, AND ( The very same spirits that slew Jesus and Paul ); - in the VERY same "PLACE Prepared" - for them!!

BUT, - the distance that you and I have from each other, does NOT mean that we have to throw stones. Stones have no knowledge. -- Only a fool cannot see the possibility of -- AT LEAST, seeing New Knowledge some how. - There is no light in the darkness of the mind of any hateful fool, -- but - an Honest - and "Wondering Heart", - there he will Find Wisdom in the Land of "NOD". - (( "Come, Follow me", one said )).
Shall I show you some Pictures of my land??

Paul -- 081614

Zeke

You are funny. Apologetics is nothing more than a defense of a belief system. There are Hindu apologetics, Mormon apologetics and on and on. Your incessant demand is ironic in light of your refusal to even read what has been provided to you in various links.

The need for conflict is a program that feeds on the energy produced by emotional warfare, the reactions are based on ego which has many faces that even those under its influence are unaware that it controls them, no one is exempt from it.

The more intellectually inclined have more layers to peel away, the investment and time they have spent in gathering info and stats makes them recoils at the simple truth only found within, and the rainbow of diversity upsets the exclusive apple carts they are peddling.

The need to feel superior over others is a program that is hard to keep in quarantine, religious pride which we all deal with in this journey is a sneaky little ego based virus that can hide in the temple like a chameleon.

Letsargue

The need for conflict is a program that feeds on the energy produced by emotional warfare, the reactions are based on ego which has many faces that even those under its influence are unaware that it controls them, no one is exempt from it.

The more intellectually inclined have more layers to peel away, the investment and time they have spent in gathering info and stats makes them recoils at the simple truth only found within, and the rainbow of diversity upsets the exclusive apple carts they are peddling.

The need to feel superior over others is a program that is hard to keep in quarantine, religious pride which we all deal with in this journey is a sneaky little ego based virus that can hide in the temple like a chameleon.

YEEESSS!! - And Jesus was the ONLY ONE Who did not. We are suppose to be LIKE Him, but these So called - "Christians" Know we are to be like them!!

Paul - 081614

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Forget the discussion of content. It's fictional until you provide apologetics that substantiate its veracity beyond your bare assertions, presumptions, and declarations.

The UB has NO authority. It's fiction. A novel. You have no valid defense of its authenticity or accuracy. All you have is your own opinion and personal preference without ANY form of apologetics.

Content is irrelevant unless there's apologetics in place to validate the UB.

The UB validates itself, church government authority is an age old contrivance inherited from the fear based respect for the institutionalized shaman. While in a respectful way I can appreciate the demand for proofs in a scholarly setting of Christian theologians, it would be like trying to compel Hebrew scholars as to the veracity of Jesus based on the hearsay gospels and evangelical works years after the facts.

The following is true of every religious thinker or leader in any age. It was true before Adam, of Adam, of Abram, of the prophets, of Jesus and of us now in this age.

1. Assurances of Faith

(1118.4) 102:1.1 The work of the Thought Adjuster constitutes the explanation of the translation of man’s primitive and evolutionary sense of duty into that higher and more certain faith in the eternal realities of revelation. There must be perfection hunger in man’s heart to insure capacity for comprehending the faith paths to supreme attainment. If any man chooses to do the divine will, he shall know the way of truth. It is literally true, “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.” But honest doubts and sincere questionings are not sin; such attitudes merely spell delay in the progressive journey toward perfection attainment. Childlike trust secures man’s entrance into the kingdom of heavenly ascent, but progress is wholly dependent on the vigorous exercise of the robust and confident faith of the full-grown man.

(1119.1) 102:1.2 The reason of science is based on the observable facts of time; the faith of religion argues from the spirit program of eternity. What knowledge and reason cannot do for us, true wisdom admonishes us to allow faith to accomplish through religious insight and spiritual transformation.

(1119.2) 102:1.3 Owing to the isolation of rebellion, the revelation of truth on Urantia has all too often been mixed up with the statements of partial and transient cosmologies. Truth remains unchanged from generation to generation, but the associated teachings about the physical world vary from day to day and from year to year. Eternal truth should not be slighted because it chances to be found in company with obsolete ideas regarding the material world. The more of science you know, the less sure you can be; the more of religion you have, the more certain you are.

(1119.3) 102:1.4 The certainties of science proceed entirely from the intellect; the certitudes of religion spring from the very foundations of the entire personality. Science appeals to the understanding of the mind; religion appeals to the loyalty and devotion of the body, mind, and spirit, even to the whole personality.

(1119.4) 102:1.5 God is so all real and absolute that no material sign of proof or no demonstration of so-called miracle may be offered in testimony of his reality. Always will we know him because we trust him, and our belief in him is wholly based on our personal participation in the divine manifestations of his infinite reality.

(1119.5) 102:1.6 The indwelling Thought Adjuster unfailingly arouses in man’s soul a true and searching hunger for perfection together with a far-reaching curiosity which can be adequately satisfied only by communion with God, the divine source of that Adjuster. The hungry soul of man refuses to be satisfied with anything less than the personal realization of the living God. Whatever more God may be than a high and perfect moral personality, he cannot, in our hungry and finite concept, be anything less.

Letsargue

Ah yes....the "Thought Adjuster". Better known as the god of this world. :nono:

BOY!!!
That Just shows everyone, just how SMART You are in Trying to Defend your total lack of any knowledge!!!!

"Thought Adjuster"??? - ( "Thought" ) "Adjustment" is What?? To Adjust anything is to "FINE" TUNE IT!!! -- That's what GOD Does, and Only GOD, and His Truth!!! - Not anyone of the Likes you total "trouble" makers, who are - ((( NOT )))(( "Trouble" Adjuster ))!!!!

Paul, David -- 081614

Last edited:

Aimiel

BOY!!!
That Just shows everyone, just how SMART You are in Trying to Defend your total lack of any knowledge!!!!

"Thought Adjuster"??? - ( "Thought" ) "Adjustment" is What?? To Adjust anything is to "FINE" TOON IT!!!
Fine-tooning is all the spirit called 'Thought-Adjuster' can do: tune one's thoughts to cartoons and fairy tales.

Posted from the TOL App!

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Comments on 2,000 page book she hasn't read. :yawn:

The Thought Adjuster is the presence of God the Father in the heart of the believer.

Corresponds with the scripture:

Ezekiel 36:26

…25"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26"Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.…

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-107-origin-and-nature-thought-adjusters

Letsargue

Fine-tooning is all the spirit called 'Thought-Adjuster' can do: tune one's thoughts to cartoons and fairy tales.

Posted from the TOL App!

Don't you ever get tired of acting LIKE Satan??? -- OOPPSSS - Satan does have Very, VERY Many children traveling Your B-I-G -- R-O-A-D with you!!!

Paul, David -- 081614

Zeke

Don't project your own feelings onto me. I don't hate you or anyone else. I feel very sorry for all those who can't see the Way the Truth and the Life. You won't find it where you're looking and you won't hear until you humble yourself. I can't do that for you.

You claim as much, but such claims are mere sound from thoughts stored in your mind, which lets you off the hook for what you are really projecting on others, possibly in ignorance but still from a position of superior status concerning conscience awareness.

Name means way, so what is your way? do you use a legal name? if so your without merit in spiritual matters concerning free souls.

Letsargue

Don't project your own feelings onto me. I don't hate you or anyone else. I feel very sorry for all those who can't see the Way the Truth and the Life. You won't find it where you're looking and you won't hear until you humble yourself. I can't do that for you.

You don't Hate?? - you all have done Nothing but Blaspheme / Speak Evil, - of something, and someone You Know Nothing OF, and You don't Hate!!!

(( "As ye do unto the least of these my Brothers, YOU Do it unto Me" )); - Said Christ!! -- You haven't done anything to anyone here, But, - maybe our GOD, -- I will defend MY GOD from EVIL!!! -- I have - (( The Whole Armor ))!!!

Paul, David -- 081614

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
clarity on matters........

clarity on matters........

I have. No, they don't. As always, this is your bare assertion.

You don't have ANY apologetics for ANY content of ANYTHING you have ever posted or linked or alluded to.

It's just the same diatribe of your opinion that content is valid. You have NO means of proof.

That's your modus operandi. Inundate with information from varied sources, declared as fact with NO means of support or defense for content beyond the simple act of you saying it.

Nothing.

Readers don't get to evaluate anything. There must be some means of apologetics.

And you then flip the script and demand what you can't, don't, and haven't ever provided. You have no proof of ANYTHING beyond assertion, belief, opinion, and personal preference.

Nothing but inequity and double standards.

Same song.... Millionth verse. You're an utter and complete fraud and prevaricator. And you purposely avoid and evade the fact that you have no apologetics for your sources and opinions, yet demand proofs from others.

You demand to be able to post prolific and constant bare assertions that you declare "to stand", and then dare anyone to prove wrong or error.

The burden of proof is upon YOU. Prove that all your posts' content stands. Provide the proof via extensive apologetics instead of bare assertion, opinion, and personal preference.

Your goofy pants are burning.

You're under a misplaced and false assumption that some kind of apologetics is needed to substantiate the UB. That's delusional. As shared previously, textual criticism typically applied to the Bible cannot be applied to the UB since the literature is different in content, origin and context unless universal standards are assumed. Even on that scale...your own preferred religious text is subject to be discounted or accepted on the basis of its own principles, content and meaning.

As far as doctrinal apologetics are concerned....the papers hold their own consistency of doctrine. Truth in any context speaks for itself, within whatever conceptual framework.

I'm fully justified in requesting proof for a claim that the papers are false, since the claim was made. Your twisted psychology dismisses logic, and projects its vanity on others blinded to its own bigotry and self-righteousness. The challenge stands. Truth needs no apology.

Notably, it is mainly traditional-orthodox Christianity that has set up for itself a branch of 'apologetics' to protect and defend its 'version' of truth....As if truth needed help.

The truth is higher than any religious ego can imagine. The UB or any other revelation of higher spiritual value or import...would point to at least that much.

In truth, consciousness itself is the only reality. In this vein, I would point you to non-dualism and it's various schools such as advaita vedanta...but that's another subject. I coordinated our last thread on Hinduism so Sanatana Dharma has been one of my understudies. I may begin a new thread on non-duality. Each thing must be understood in its own context. Then points of relation can be explored/explained therein.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

The thought-adjuster is an actual fragment of pure divinity indwelling the mind of man, so that's a rather awesome thing to consider. At least 5 papers are devoted exclusively to it here (See following papers linked below each page). The indwelling presence is far from a satanic entity....but of God's own essence, prepersonal in nature.

There is nothing to fear, only to understand, explore, research and discover.

14:5.10 Love of adventure, curiosity, and dread of monotony—these traits inherent in evolving human nature—were not put there just to aggravate and annoy you during your short sojourn on earth, but rather to suggest to you that death is only the beginning of an endless career of adventure, an everlasting life of anticipation, an eternal voyage of discovery.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
be free......

be free......

Forget the discussion of content. It's fictional until you provide apologetics that substantiate its veracity beyond your bare assertions, presumptions, and declarations.

The UB has NO authority. It's fiction. A novel. You have no valid defense of its authenticity or accuracy. All you have is your own opinion and personal preference without ANY form of apologetics.

Content is irrelevant unless there's apologetics in place to validate the UB.

You're still assuming that truth needs an apology. It doesn't. Your claim that the UB is fiction assumes its own burden of proof....requiring with it proof that the Bible is non-fictional, so your caught in a double blind which comes with assuming the apologetic gesture in the first place. See what assumptions do?....they bind.

pj

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
The UB validates itself, church government authority is an age old contrivance inherited from the fear based respect for the institutionalized shaman. While in a respectful way I can appreciate the demand for proofs in a scholarly setting of Christian theologians, it would be like trying to compel Hebrew scholars as to the veracity of Jesus based on the hearsay gospels and evangelical works years after the facts.

The following is true of every religious thinker or leader in any age. It was true before Adam, of Adam, of Abram, of the prophets, of Jesus and of us now in this age.

1. Assurances of Faith

(1118.4) 102:1.1 The work of the Thought Adjuster constitutes the explanation of the translation of man’s primitive and evolutionary sense of duty into that higher and more certain faith in the eternal realities of revelation. There must be perfection hunger in man’s heart to insure capacity for comprehending the faith paths to supreme attainment. If any man chooses to do the divine will, he shall know the way of truth. It is literally true, “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.” But honest doubts and sincere questionings are not sin; such attitudes merely spell delay in the progressive journey toward perfection attainment. Childlike trust secures man’s entrance into the kingdom of heavenly ascent, but progress is wholly dependent on the vigorous exercise of the robust and confident faith of the full-grown man.

(1119.1) 102:1.2 The reason of science is based on the observable facts of time; the faith of religion argues from the spirit program of eternity. What knowledge and reason cannot do for us, true wisdom admonishes us to allow faith to accomplish through religious insight and spiritual transformation.

(1119.2) 102:1.3 Owing to the isolation of rebellion, the revelation of truth on Urantia has all too often been mixed up with the statements of partial and transient cosmologies. Truth remains unchanged from generation to generation, but the associated teachings about the physical world vary from day to day and from year to year. Eternal truth should not be slighted because it chances to be found in company with obsolete ideas regarding the material world. The more of science you know, the less sure you can be; the more of religion you have, the more certain you are.

(1119.3) 102:1.4 The certainties of science proceed entirely from the intellect; the certitudes of religion spring from the very foundations of the entire personality. Science appeals to the understanding of the mind; religion appeals to the loyalty and devotion of the body, mind, and spirit, even to the whole personality.

(1119.4) 102:1.5 God is so all real and absolute that no material sign of proof or no demonstration of so-called miracle may be offered in testimony of his reality. Always will we know him because we trust him, and our belief in him is wholly based on our personal participation in the divine manifestations of his infinite reality.

(1119.5) 102:1.6 The indwelling Thought Adjuster unfailingly arouses in man’s soul a true and searching hunger for perfection together with a far-reaching curiosity which can be adequately satisfied only by communion with God, the divine source of that Adjuster. The hungry soul of man refuses to be satisfied with anything less than the personal realization of the living God. Whatever more God may be than a high and perfect moral personality, he cannot, in our hungry and finite concept, be anything less.

Bare assertion about written bare assertion. It's a circus. You demand a writing be taken at face value, just like any novel or other fictitious work.

There is no textual criticism as a field of study. All you can do is make opinionated assertions from personal preference and preconceptions.

There's no apologetics for the UB. All you've done is recommend a fictional revisionist historical fantasy and determined it's true by personal opinion.

The UB doesn't stand for itself, nor is there any scrutiny as to authorship or origin in any manner that has merit.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You're under a misplaced and false assumption that some kind of apologetics is needed to substantiate the UB. That's delusional. As shared previously, textual criticism typically applied to the Bible cannot be applied to the UB since the literature is different in content, origin and context unless universal standards are assumed. Even on that scale...your own preferred religious text is subject to be discounted or accepted on the basis of its own principles, content and meaning.

As far as doctrinal apologetics are concerned....the papers hold their own consistency of doctrine. Truth in any context speaks for itself, within whatever conceptual framework.

I'm fully justified in requesting proof for a claim that the papers are false, since the claim was made. Your twisted psychology dismisses logic, and projects its vanity on others blinded to its own bigotry and self-righteousness. The challenge stands. Truth needs no apology.

Notably, it is mainly traditional-orthodox Christianity that has set up for itself a branch of 'apologetics' to protect and defend its 'version' of truth....As if truth needed help.

The truth is higher than any religious ego can imagine. The UB or any other revelation of higher spiritual value or import...would point to at least that much.

In truth, consciousness itself is the only reality. In this vein, I would point you to non-dualism and it's various schools such as advaita vedanta...but that's another subject. I coordinated our last thread on Hinduism so Sanatana Dharma has been one of my understudies. I may begin a new thread on non-duality. Each thing must be understood in its own context. Then points of relation can be explored/explained therein.

pj

No. What's delusional is your bare assertion and declaration, as always.

There's no objective means of even examining it for veracity.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You're still assuming that truth needs an apology.

No. YOU're assuming that because you or others say something is the truth, including the UB, that's it's the truth by your psychopathic and demented bare assertion.

It doesn't. Your claim that the UB is fiction assumes its own burden of proof....

You don't get to flip the script like this, while not taking the same responsibility yourself.

What an epi-umental double standard unparalleled in human history.

requiring with it proof that the Bible is non-fictional,

No. That's YOUR dilemna that you attempt to skate out on constantly. YOU must prove the Biblical text wrong and the UB to be non-fictional.

Double standards for you. Always. Along with script-flip you've done once again, as you do continually.

so your caught in a double blind which comes with assuming the apologetic gesture in the first place. See what assumptions do?....they bind.

pj

Yes, I do. You're in a double-bind and projecting it upon me and others for the Biblical text (that you also reference).

You're a demented psychopathic moron of incomparable proportions, with inequitous double standards that you apply to everyone but yourself.

But you HAVE to do that to even exist. Your false dogmas demand it.

There is not one living human who has ever lived who is more despicably predisposed to inequitous delusion of self-pontificated blind dogma and double standards than you.

You're the anti-truth for truth with every false script-flipping claim you make. You have no means of proof for anything beyond your fanatasies of nothingness in bare assertion.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
The allegedly self-validating "truth" of the UB that purportedly needs no substantiation to be more than a novel. THAT's the delusion.

Bare assertion. Naked.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Yes, like yours and freelight's and Caino's. Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.