ECT There be many Galatians nowadays

God's Truth

You should address him as LORD from now on.
It is disrespectful to the creator of the Universe to not do so.

Then according to your beliefs, you have called the Holy Bible disrespectful.

Get the Bible, open it up to the New Testament, and count how many times that the Bible says, "Jesus said,...", or "Jesus answered," or "Jesus replied", etc.

I will wait for you reply.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

:thumb: Amen!

God's Truth

:thumb: Amen!

Are you sure you understand these scriptures?

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

The law is not just a matter of do this and do not do that. The law is do this and do not do that...and the ceremonial works.

God nailed the law with the RULES AND REGULATIONS to the cross.

That old law is our new law with some changes.

We no longer have to do the many ceremonial works to clean ourselves, for Jesus' blood makes us clean just by believing. However, that does not mean we no longer have to obey Jesus.

SaulToPaul 2

Then according to your beliefs, you have called the Holy Bible disrespectful.

Get the Bible, open it up to the New Testament, and count how many times that the Bible says, "Jesus said,...", or "Jesus answered," or "Jesus replied", etc.

I will wait for you reply.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Generally, in the new testament letters he is not simply referred to as "Jesus" as he was in the 4 gospels.

He is not your buddy "Jesus". He is the creator.

God's Truth

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Generally, in this new testament letters he is not simply referred to as "Jesus" as he was in the 4 gospels.

He is not your buddy "Jesus". He is the creator.

Have you finished counting all the times the New Testament says, "Jesus said"? lol

God's Truth

Yep, we must have the righteousness of God!

GT falls short (on her own), and she knows it. But will not humble herself.

I have humbled myself.

I have admitted I was a sinner. I humbled myself and repented of my sins. I humbled myself as a child and gave up all my ways to do only what Jesus says.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God, with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind, and with thy whole strength. This is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like to it: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

God's Truth

Generally, in the new testament letters he is not simply referred to as "Jesus" as he was in the 4 gospels.

There are so many scriptures to prove you wrong.

I will just show a few to rebuke you.

Acts 1:1

[ Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven ] In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach

Romans 3:26

he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

2 Corinthians 4:10

We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

Galatians 6:17

From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

Ephesians 4:21

when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.

Philippians 2:10

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Did you read that? Every knee should bow to the name of who, Jesus?

1 Thessalonians 1:10

and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

Hebrews 2:9

But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

1 John 1:7

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

The blood of who, Jesus?

Revelation 1:9

[ John’s Vision of Christ ] I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

There were many more scriptures to rebuke you with, but this should be enough.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have humbled myself.

I have admitted I was a sinner. I humbled myself and repented of my sins. I humbled myself as a child and gave up all my ways to do only what Jesus says.
Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Which one's righteousness and obedience is GT relying on?????

Danoh

There are so many scriptures to prove you wrong.

I will just show a few to rebuke you.

Acts 1:1

[ Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven ] In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach

Romans 3:26

he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

2 Corinthians 4:10

We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

Galatians 6:17

From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

Ephesians 4:21

when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.

Philippians 2:10

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Did you read that? Every knee should bow to the name of who, Jesus?

1 Thessalonians 1:10

and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

Hebrews 2:9

But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

1 John 1:7

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

The blood of who, Jesus?

Revelation 1:9

[ John’s Vision of Christ ] I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

There were many more scriptures to rebuke you with, but this should be enough.

Well, done.

Yet, you are still wrong, as STP only appears wrong in this...

For you are very wrong, GT; in that you have yet to trust that "Christ died for our sins, and rose again for our justification" - you're too busy working your own righteousness.

God's Truth

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Which one's righteousness and obedience is GT relying on?????

We are made clean by faith in Jesus' shed blood on the cross. The works that used to clean are the ceremonial works the Jews used to have to do to clean themselves just to go to the temple to worship God.

God's Truth

Well, done.

Yet, you are still wrong, as STP only appears wrong in this...

For you are very wrong, GT; in that you have yet to trust that "Christ died for our sins, and rose again for our justification" - you're too busy working your own righteousness.

Faith in Jesus' blood cleans me and justifies me.

That means I do not have to go get circumcised, do various external washings, adhere to a strict dietary law, and get animals to sacrifice.

Danoh

That means I do not have to go get circumcised, do various external washings, adhere to a strict dietary law, and get animals to sacrifice.

Which you trade in for your works in your continued, willful ignorance of the very intent of said prior works to begin with - thus, why they were given - towards proving that no man is justified by works.

Your ignorance in this is due to your unwillingness to study out the sense of Romans 6:14's "For sin shall not have dominion over you, for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

For example - what ritual is this commandment in Romans 7:

7. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Its not a ritual - it is one command of many others - under the Law - of those laws under the law that was not about what you blindly turn all the law into in your ignorance - rituals.

What does Paul say he did?

9. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

15. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

The law was meant to show man - there is something wrong with you, man - you - are - a - sinner - look at how you do the opposite of what I command!

Ceremonial cleansing dealt with that failure - with failure to walk in these deeds that law commanded men to walk in.

But that is two issues under the law - not your one.

One was do this, don't do that... or else!

The other was, here is how to deal with that when you fail at those - when you fail to do this deed, or end up committing this other deed.

You have somehow screwed all that up in your mind as one and the same thing.

When the Lord showed up, he made that even worse!

From actual adultery - which is not a ritual!

To the very thought as adultery - which is also not a ritual - you fool.

Why did He make it worse?

To prove man is incapable of loving God, etc.

You have made the Word of God of none effect in your serious misunderstanding of this issue.

You completely screw up what had been the purpose of the Law - to set off sin!

Romans 5:

20. Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21. That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:

7. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

13. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

1 Corinthians 15:

56. The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Daniel1611

But you have to follow the other commandments or you aren't saved??? So its your works you trust.

God's Truth

Those scriptures say that the Corinthians were washed and sanctified, yet they were still envying and striving with one another.

According to you, they would no longer be saved.

Paul is afraid that the Corinthians have been led astray from their sincere devotion to Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.