İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Absolutely not. It does no good and is counterproductive.

The thing with Muslims is that we are inexperienced in handling "abuses". Christianity went to a whole complete phase where it was attacked left, right and center. Islam never went through that sort of thing. We are only now in our Dark Age.

True, Christianity's got a few centuries on you guys. I don't know if that excuses the behavior often seen in the Muslim world. Whether you like it or not, this is the 21st century.

How do you propose Muslims get with the program?

Huckleberry

To learn and to defend.
Commendable.

Under the law of God it is perfectly acceptable to marry your daughter after she reaches puberty and to consummate the marriage then. The fact that she was sexually matured is undisputed.
The age may not be accurate and there is scholarly dispute over it...
Which is it? Unless you're suggesting there is dispute over her age, which according to her was nine years old, without there being any dispute over a nine year old being sexually mature. How many nine year olds have you ever heard of being sexually mature? :liberals:

Marriage and motherhood

There are two opinions in the Midrash as to how old Rebecca was at the time of her marriage. According to the traditional counting cited by Rashi, Isaac was 37 years old at the time of the Binding of Isaac; Sarah, who gave birth to Isaac when she was 90, died immediately after the binding when she was 127 years old, making Isaac around 37 at that time. News of Rebecca's birth reached Abraham immediately after that event. Isaac was 40 years old when he married Rebecca,[7] making Rebecca 3 years old at the time of her marriage.[8] According to the second opinion, Rebecca was 14 years old at the time of their marriage.[9] 20 years elapsed before they had children. Throughout that time, both Isaac and Rebecca prayed fervently to God for offspring. God eventually answered Isaac's prayers and Rebecca conceived.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca
So you don't know how old Rebecca was? Me either, since scripture doesn't say.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
What does Islam provide to forever cleanse your conscience from sin?

Islam fortunately doesn't provide a license to sin. All we have to do to purify ourselves of sin is to repent sincerely to God.

My Lord, The most Forgiving, listen to me. I accept that I am a wrongdoer and that I have sinned. Please forgive me of them and Help me overcome them. Grant me ease in paying back to all those whom I have wronged. Remind me to continuously repent to you! Accept my repentance!

That's all. You don't need to even move your lips.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Commendable.

Which is it? Unless you're suggesting there is dispute over her age, which according to her was nine years old, without there being any dispute over a nine year old being sexually mature. How many nine year olds have you ever heard of being sexually mature? :liberals:

So you don't know how old Rebecca was? Me either, since scripture doesn't say.

You do know that the Koran doesn't go into any great detail of the Prophet's life or his wives or his companions. God's word is straightforward and easy to understand and does not digress into unnecessary detail at all. (unfortunately I always tire myself in my daily bible reading)

Ahadith or traditions are not from the Koran. That is - it is not considered scripture or infallible.

From tradition we know both ages to a degree of accuracy.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
True, Christianity's got a few centuries on you guys. I don't know if that excuses the behavior often seen in the Muslim world. Whether you like it or not, this is the 21st century.

How do you propose Muslims get with the program?

Ignore them like they do the Bible blasphemies. Unless it disturbs society .

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ignore them like they do the Bible blasphemies. Unless it disturbs society .

Sure, it's just that easy; tell violent, murderous fanatics to just "ignore" what's most precious to them. How do you think they'd treat a guy like you given half a chance?

Huckleberry

Islam fortunately doesn't provide a license to sin. All we have to do to purify ourselves of sin is to repent sincerely to God.

My Lord, The most Forgiving, listen to me. I accept that I am a wrongdoer and that I have sinned. Please forgive me of them and Help me overcome them. Grant me ease in paying back to all those whom I have wronged. Remind me to continuously repent to you! Accept my repentance!

That's all. You don't need to even move your lips.
Then hear the Good News! Jesus the Christ took your sins to the cross. If you truly are repentant, then accept Him and you will be freed from the law. Including the necessity to exist in a constant state of perfect repentance in order to avoid damnation. Which, I hate to tell you, still isn't good enough.

Huckleberry

You do know that the Koran doesn't go into any great detail of the Prophet's life or his wives or his companions. God's word is straightforward and easy to understand and does not digress into unnecessary detail at all. (unfortunately I always tire myself in my daily bible reading)

Ahadith or traditions are not from the Koran. That is - it is not considered scripture or infallible.

From tradition we know both ages to a degree of accuracy.

So what reason do we have to doubt the "greatest female scholar of all Islam", who said she was nine years old when Mohammed consummated their marriage? And you still haven't explained how we can accept your claim that she was sexually mature at nine years old.

musterion

By the way, I caught your sly little implication that Christianity is license to sin. If you truly were as smart as you say you are, and were the free thinker you think you are, you would have done enough research to know that, according to the Bible, that is not true.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
I wasn't judging about being raised Muslim and have no problem with people raised in one religion or another. Many never examine one thing about it or any of their belief systems but I wasn't implying you were one.

It's my belief (theory) that the vast majority of "religious" people don't truly believe what they claim to believe. I used to be one in fact (long story). Catholics are the worst. They claim to be Christians but deny 1,000 things the Bible says and believe instead that the Pope is "infallible." I always ask people who don't believe the Bible, "Well, what book do you believe in?" Is not the Christian religion based on the Bible? If you feel free to pick and chose what you believe why would you consider yourself a Christian? [Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths"]

When I was saved I IMMEDIATELY knew in my heart of hearts that the Bible was completely true. It could be called a "gift" but it's also possible that everybody already knows that in their hearts. I find that other than Christians that are born again only Muslims truly believe in their book and truly try to follow it without adding or subtracting from it.

To me, this is fascinating and the only answer I can give for it is that Muslims can trace their roots back to Abraham and prophesies from the One True and All Powerful God.

Thoughts?

Yes but whatever said all scripture has to be interpreted. I see this task as a test for the scholar. After all life is a test at all fronts - a test of faith. That being said God does warn against misinterpretation of the mutashabihat verses or the verses that are deliberately ambiguous.

It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding. (3:7)

God does promise to make the seed of Ishmael into a great nation after leaving them to go astray for sometime. We believe that the Early Church (aka St Paul) corrupted the teachings of Jesus so much so that the Jews are forgiven for not accepting the Jesus of the Church. We believe that Jesus was a Messenger sent only for the Children of Israel and that God continued His Covenant with the nation of Israel until they broke them numerous times and killed Prophets and what not. Yet still the Koran promises the creation of an End Times Israel and the fulfillment of all the prophecies of the Torah. But an important feature is that Muhammad, an Arab Prophet descending from Ishmael, was not only for the Arabs but also for Israel and to the res of mankind. When we read the OT we get the sense that the entire story of God is solely for the Children of Israel and not to the Gentiles. Muslims believe that while the Torah is the Scripture for Israel God did send numerous other scriptures for the gentiles (in Hindustan and throughout the globe).

It is simply a matter of accepting that for once God has send down a single Prophet for all nations. The Koran encourages Muslims to show this fact to the Christians and the Jews and if they deny this then to at least, the bare minimum, call them towards complete monotheism.

Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to God's Will). (3:64)

If they do this bare minimum they would be forgiven by God, if God wills

Surely, those who believe, those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians – whosoever believed in God and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (5:69)

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Then hear the Good News! Jesus the Christ took your sins to the cross. If you truly are repentant, then accept Him and you will be freed from the law. Including the necessity to exist in a constant state of perfect repentance in order to avoid damnation. Which, I hate to tell you, still isn't good enough.

Freed from the law? That's blasphemy! That's what Satan wants us to do!

I do know the gospels in and out. I do know what the good news is. What is unacceptable is that it comes with bad news. The concept of original sin is blasphemous and unacceptable. The concept of a lamb of sacrifice to cleanse sins is also blasphemous. You must understand it makes no sense to a Muslim or to a Jew today. God does not need blood to be spilled to forgive! God only needs a repenting heart. :jump::jump:

musterion

Then you know the Koran gives no certainty whatsoever of being cleansed of sin once and for all. Yes?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Then you know the Koran gives no certainty whatsoever of being cleansed of sin once and for all. Yes?

Do you think you know his religion better than he does? Because you guys pull that stunt with Jews all. The. Time.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
muslim2.bmp