Robin Williams commits suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There's speculation that Williams was an atheist...
Speculation on the internet? :shocked: Say it ain't so...or better yet, refrain from repeating some random guy's guess made to suit his own agenda and let those who want to mourn the passing of a great talent do that.

Does Jesus have compassion for those that don't believe in Him?
Well, he had compassion for people who were actively aiding and abetting his murder.

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Luke 23:34​

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
There's speculation that Williams was an atheist...

Speculation on the internet? :shocked: Say it ain't so...or better yet, refrain from repeating some random guy's guess made to suit his own agenda and let those who want to mourn the passing of a great talent do that.

"His support of the [pro abortion, pro homosexual] Democratic Party goes into six-figure territory, with his political donations to the party and left-leaning special interest groups totaling over $150,000.

His liberalism extends into criticisms of Republicans and conservatives with the full weight of his comedic and critical genius going to former U.S. president George W. Bush. For example, when Obama was elected he said:

It’s the end of the reign of George the 2nd. The reign of error is over. America is officially out of rehab…He’s a gift to comedy, though, he’s a comedy pinata. I’m going to miss him."
http://hollowverse.com/robin-williams/

Quote:
Does Jesus have compassion for those that don't believe in Him?

Well, he had compassion for people who were actively aiding and abetting his murder.

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Luke 23:34​

But were they welcome into Heaven without repenting their sins?

On that note: I'm sorry for the Democratic Party's loss TH.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"His support of the [pro abortion, pro homosexual] Democratic Party goes into six-figure territory, with his political donations to the party and left-leaning special interest groups totaling over $150,000.
Not all democrats are uniform in their support of every liberal aim and plank any more than all republicans or conservatives are steadfast and decent, as you ably demonstrate with this low sort of attack on the dead before the poor fellow can be lowered into his grave.

...Does Jesus have compassion for those that don't believe in Him?
Answered in scripture. Yes. So naturally you're going to move the goal posts.

But were they welcome into Heaven without repenting their sins?
I leave the question of their salvation (and the unknown course of their lives or declarations to Him) to God. Why don't you?

On that note: I'm sorry for the Democratic Party's loss TH.
I'm sorry for the loss of anyone with a demonstrable sense of humor...but I know it isn't as exclusively liberal as you represent here, conflating your limitations in that regard with the rule.

oatmeal

KTVU: Actor/comedian Robin Williams [hanged] himself in Marin County home

"Suicide—self-murder

Thought of, induced by:

Life’s weariness
Job 3:20–23
Life’s vanity
Eccl. 2:17
Anger
Jon. 4:3, 8, 9

Brought on by:

Hopelessness
Judg. 16:29, 30
Sin
1 Kin. 16:18, 19
Disappointment
2 Sam. 17:23
Betrayal of Christ
Matt. 27:3–5

Other features concerning:

Desired by some
Rev. 9:6
Attempted but prevented
Acts 16:27, 28
Imputed to Christ
John 8:22
Satan tempts Christ to
Luke 4:9

Principles prohibiting, found in:

Body’s sacredness
1 Cor. 6:19
Prohibition against murder
Ex. 20:13
Faith’s expectancy
2 Tim. 4:6–8, 18" Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 597). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Thanks, scripture is truth.

Truth is the answer to life's challenges.

John 8:32

Hebrews 2:17-18,4:15,6:18

We can choose peace from God

Ephesians 5:1

Truth comforts

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
While it feels weird and I am saddened by it I'd like to know what it is with the media releasing statements about preliminary reports and capping them with, "but it's not definite."

Sitamun

Prove it.

You've obviously never known anyone suffering from depression. If you did you wouldn't make such an idiotic statement.

I am saddened by his passing, he made me laugh, and he made me cry. All my love and support goes to his family right now.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Leave it to one of TOL's most unpleasant characters to start a thread about this.

Tragedy. Williams is gone too soon. A genius and obviously a tortured soul.

oatmeal

From John 10:10,

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

there are two basic choices in life:

1. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

2. I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Robin Williams chose poorly

Sitamun

Hundreds, and yet you still can't prove it is an illness.

You're the idiot.

It's not for me to prove. That is what doctors are for. I know you don't seem to understand that. This is all I will say on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.