BROTHERHOOD OF THE URANTIA FANATICS!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
totality of reality......

totality of reality......

If one is willing to deny the truth then they'll easily accept a lie!

Whatever 'truth' you're speaking of, is 'relative' to your own preconception or version of it, confined in this case to a 'bible' and whatever religious connotations and beliefs are assumed in association with it.

Truth itself however, if we would consider its ontological reality, as being that which is ever at the heart or 'source' of existence itself, is another matter....as we've contemplated here. Reality is what actually is, from moment to moment, the original ground or source of everything known or unknown. It is Light itself,....the 'truth' that allows the 'I AM' consciousness to be :)

In discussing the bible or the UB,....we are reviewing points of view, doctrine and perspectives relative to the context of these religious writings, within those conceptual frames, so any 'truth' is somehow 'relative' to such a context. The 'truth' that is consciousness itself, or existence itself,...is of a more essential, primordial nature, which 'relates' to all else in the extended field of space-time creation.

There is so much more than these points of view, when considering the totality of reality.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Whatever 'truth' you're speaking of, is 'relative' to your own preconception or version of it, confined in this case to a 'bible' and whatever religious connotations and beliefs are assumed in association with it.

Truth itself however, if we would consider its ontological reality, as being that which is ever at the heart or 'source' of existence itself, is another matter....as we've contemplated here. Reality is what actually is, from moment to moment, the original ground or source of everything known or unknown. It is Light itself,....the 'truth' that allows the 'I AM' consciousness to be :)

In discussing the bible or the UB,....we are reviewing points of view, doctrine and perspectives relative to the context of these religious writings, within those conceptual frames, so any 'truth' is somehow 'relative' to such a context. The 'truth' that is consciousness itself, or existence itself,...is of a more essential, primordial nature, to which it 'relates' in the extended field of space-time creation.

There is so much more than these points of view, when considering the totality of reality.

pj

NOT "a Bible; THE BIBLE!"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Well, if you would stop trying to push your agenda, and
grasp reality, logic, and reason, perhaps you would be
accepted? However, you keep posting your Uraunchy
garbage and it doesn't fit on a Christian forum!

I'm sure you are very nice in person to everyone at church, but I recall you don't go to church. Do people who know you know how you treat people on TOL.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You mean i was not online and had signed out for the day.

There are not 2 gospels, sorry - yours is a false one, which is why you needed to tell that whopper there too, because you are supporting a lie, so lies have to be told to uphold it.

Hint: ive already proven my stance with scripture, its up to you to refute it in scripture, the urantia book refutes nothing in the bible and actually shows you preach another gospel according to scripture.

You still haven't responded to my post where I showed you the two different gospels.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You still haven't responded to my post where I showed you the two different gospels.

Whats to address, the verse i quoted says it all. You need to refute biblically what i quoted, and you havent, what you think about uranita, doesnt refute scripture or that verse.

Try this for a refute of your book though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book

Pretty interesting read, sounds like the inventors of this book, were playing with demons and dabbling in the occult.

The Sadlers were both respected physicians, and William Sadler was a debunker of paranormal claims, who is portrayed as not believing in the supernatural.[15] In 1929, he published a book called The Mind at Mischief, in which he explained the fraudulent methods of mediums and how self-deception leads to psychic claims. He wrote in an appendix that there were two cases that he had not explained to his satisfaction:[16][17]

The other exception has to do with a rather peculiar case of psychic phenomena, one which I find myself unable to classify. ... I was brought in contact with it, in the summer of 1911, and I have had it under my observation more or less ever since, having been present at probably 250 of the night sessions, many of which have been attended by a stenographer who made voluminous notes. A thorough study of this case has convinced me that it is not one of ordinary trance. ... This man is utterly unconscious, wholly oblivious to what takes place, and, unless told about it subsequently, never knows that he has been used as a sort of clearing house for the coming and going of alleged extra-planetary personalities. ... Psychoanalysis, hypnotism, intensive comparison, fail to show that the written or spoken messages of this individual have origin in his own mind. Much of the material secured through this subject is quite contrary to his habits of thought, to the way in which he has been taught, and to his entire philosophy. In fact, of much that we have secured, we have failed to find anything of its nature in existence.

In 1923, a group of Sadler's friends, former patients, and colleagues began meeting for Sunday philosophical and religious discussions, but became interested in the strange communications when Sadler mentioned the case at their fourth meeting and read samples at their request.[14][13] Shortly afterwards, a communication reportedly was received that this group would be allowed to devise questions and that answers would be given by celestial beings through the "contact personality."

Sadler presented this development to the group, and they generated hundreds of questions without full seriousness, but their claim is that it resulted in the appearance of answers in the form of fully written papers.[18] They became more impressed with the quality of the answers and continued to ask questions, until all papers now collected together as The Urantia Book were obtained. The group was known as the Forum, and was formalized as a closed group of 30 members in 1925 who pledged not to discuss the material with others.[19] Over time, some participants left and others joined, leading to a total membership of 486 people over the years from diverse backgrounds and a mix of interest levels.[20] A smaller group of five individuals called the Contact Commission, including the Sadlers, was responsible for gathering the questions from the Forum, acting as the custodians of the handwritten manuscripts that were presented as answers, and arranging for proofreading and typing of the material.[21] Bill Sadler, Jr. is noted to have composed the table of contents that is published with the book.[22]

The Sadlers and others involved, now all deceased, claimed that the papers of the book were physically materialized from 1925 until 1935 in a way that was not understood even by them, with the first two parts being completed in 1934 and the third and fourth in 1935.[23] The last Forum gathering was in 1942.[23]

After the last of Part IV was obtained in 1935, an additional period of time supposedly took place where requests for clarifications resulted in revisions. Sadler and his son William (Bill) Sadler, Jr. at one point wrote a draft introduction and were told that they could not add their introduction. The Foreword was then "received."

The communications purportedly continued for another two decades while members of the Forum studied the book in depth, and according to Sadler and others, permission to publish it was given to them in 1955. The Urantia Foundation was formed in 1950 as a tax-exempt educational society in Illinois,[24] and through privately raised funds, the book was published on October 12, 1955.[25]

Wow i guess no one could handle the truth of God till 1950. :think:

(fallen) Angels from heaven preaching another gospel, nothing new to see here.

Galatians 1:7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!…

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Whats to address, the verse i quoted says it all. You need to refute biblically what i quoted, and you havent, what you think about uranita, doesnt refute scripture or that verse.

Try this for a refute of your book though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book

Pretty interesting read, sounds like the inventors of this book, were playing with demons and dabbling in the occult.

Wow i guess no one could handle the truth of God till 1950. :think:

(fallen) Angels from heaven preaching another gospel, nothing new to see here.

Yep! I would agree with you about the Urantia being closely
aligned with the occult!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The more information Caino/Freelight give out, the more we
see a strong connection between the occult and the Urantia
book/papers! Seems like the early creators of the Urantia
book, dabbled deeply into occult areas! No wonder they
came into contact with "dark forces! One CANNOT expect
honesty/truth from these sources!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The 2 gospels in the Bible have been a source of debate inside Christianity long before the Urantia revelation.

The pre cross "Good news" of Jesus.

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people."

And here is Paul preaching HIS gospel

"Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."

Seems Paul is guilty first of preaching a new gospel.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Any comments Caino?

It's sort of the toss pot calling the kettle black. Urantia Book readers are mostly independent. The ones that meet in homes just read and discuss, have a little coffee cake. Their is no leader of any organized movement. It's the kingdom of heaven fellowship of believers like Jesus established. We don't eat flesh or drink blood patterned after the Pagans.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Like I mentioned earlier; Ouija boards, seances, etc. do open the
door to demonic activity and perhaps possession!

Demons don't exist anymore, when they did they didn't have any power to make a person work against his or her will. Only mentally ill people became the host of theses rebel Midwayers.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The 2 gospels in the Bible have been a source of debate inside Christianity long before the Urantia revelation.

The pre cross "Good news" of Jesus.

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people."

And here is Paul preaching HIS gospel

"Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."

Seems Paul is guilty first of preaching a new gospel.

Paul was met on the road to Damascus by Christ! Subsequently,
Paul was sent to the gentiles with the message of the "Dispensation
of Grace!" Christ, in the 4 Gospels was preaching to the lost house
of Israel! His message was to the Jews! After His resurrection, the
mystery was revealed, first to Paul that, the gentiles would become
a part of what was to be called; The Body of Christ!

Today, when someone places their faith in Christ as their Savior,
they are sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit and positioned
into the "Body of Christ!"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Is this quote true?

(1616.4) 143:7.2 True religion is the act of an individual soul in its self-conscious relations with the Creator; organized religion is man’s attempt to socialize the worship of individual religionists.