Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Islam

Militant group Islamic State has ordered all girls and women in and around Iraq’s northern city of Mosul to undergo female genital mutilation, the United Nations said on Thursday, Al-Akhbar reports.

The “fatwa” issued by the Sunni Muslim fighters would potentially affect 4 million women and girls, U.N. resident and humanitarian coordinator in Iraq Jacqueline Badcock told reporters in Geneva by videolink from Arbil.

“This is something very new for Iraq, particularly in this area, and is of grave concern and does need to be addressed,” she said.

“This is not the will of Iraqi people, or the women of Iraq in these vulnerable areas covered by the terrorists,” she added.

No one was immediately available for comment from Islamic State which has led an offensive through northern and western Iraq.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I look forward to commentary by the left on these abuses of women by muslims.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Horrendous, sick mentality. Is that enough for you or is this the part where you expect the *obedient* little gals to jump in with "we have it much better than they do!"?

:plain:

Sitamun

Female genital mutilation is abhorrent and horrific. That being said, all Muslims I know personally view it the same way I do.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Female genital mutilation is abhorrent and horrific. That being said, all Muslims I know personally view it the same way I do.

Indeed ... it is something endorsed by the radical Muslims and is indefensible.

IMJerusha

Islam

Militant group Islamic State has ordered all girls and women in and around Iraq’s northern city of Mosul to undergo female genital mutilation, the United Nations said on Thursday, Al-Akhbar reports.

The “fatwa” issued by the Sunni Muslim fighters would potentially affect 4 million women and girls, U.N. resident and humanitarian coordinator in Iraq Jacqueline Badcock told reporters in Geneva by videolink from Arbil.

“This is something very new for Iraq, particularly in this area, and is of grave concern and does need to be addressed,” she said.

“This is not the will of Iraqi people, or the women of Iraq in these vulnerable areas covered by the terrorists,” she added.

No one was immediately available for comment from Islamic State which has led an offensive through northern and western Iraq.

Oh, I bet the WHO is freaking!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What on earth is their reasoning behind it? Does anyone know?

Control over women’s sexuality: Virginity is a pre-requisite for marriage and is equated to female honour in a lot of communities. FGM, in particular infibulation, is defended in this context as it is assumed to reduce a woman’s sexual desire and lessen temptations to have extramarital sex thereby preserving a girl’s virginity.

Hygiene: There is a belief that female genitalia are unsightly and dirty. In some FGM-practicing societies, unmutilated women are regarded as unclean and are not allowed to handle food and water.

Gender based factors
: FGM is often deemed necessary in order for a girl to be considered a complete woman, and the practice marks the divergence of the sexes in terms of their future roles in life and marriage. The removal of the clitoris and labia — viewed by some as the “male parts” of a woman’s body — is thought to enhance the girl’s femininity, often synonymous with docility and obedience. It is possible that the trauma of mutilation may have this effect on a girl’s personality. If mutilation is part of an initiation rite, then it is accompanied by explicit teaching about the woman’s role in her society.
http://www.endfgm.eu/en/female-genital-mutilation/what-is-fgm/why-is-it-practised/

Disgusting isnt it.

Arthur Brain

Well, as you should already have known - and have indeed been presented with - the "left" condemn it as presumably you do as well doofus...

Not all Muslims engage in the abhorrent practice either.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Horrendous, sick mentality. Is that enough for you or is this the part where you expect the *obedient* little gals to jump in with "we have it much better than they do!"?

:plain:

The prosecution rests. Even better than I thought.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is insanity. The reasoning behind it...oh my goodness.

"unmutilated women are regarded as unclean and are not allowed to handle food and water."
This is the way to go..you get to keep your lady bits and do not have to do the cooking and cleaning.

Yeah ... that's quite a trade off there.

IMJerusha

What on earth is their reasoning behind it? Does anyone know?

Control and not just of women but also of men. I think it's a whole lot more than Sharia law. I'd go into further detail but I don't think delving would please Knight and the Mods and I sort of understand why. I'll send you a PM.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
The foreskin is =/= the clitoris!!

No female circumcision?
Wonder how the feminists feel about that, since they want to be like men and all :chuckle:

Ahh, the outcry and injustice! How fantastically victimized can one make themselves or a group appear to before somebody just stands up and laughs in their face..
This comes really close, you know.

Is there anything that isn't an injustice to women?

Status
Not open for further replies.